Thread: Player - what is important?

Player - what is important?

Another thread for some discussions.

What do you think is important on players?

1.) Does height have any effects? F.E.: Is a tall defender better at heading than a small one? Same about GK? If you think like this, what do you prefer (tall ones DC, small DL/DR, all of them as tall as possible,...)
    2.) Does foot matters? Does it have an effect on which side he plays?
    3.) What do you think about age?
    4.) If you buy a new player or set one to a postion, do you look at his skills, attributes (height, foot, age,..) and his stats (games played, goals,...)?
    5.) What skills do you think are important for each role?
    6.) Do Special abilities depend on player skills? Why?
    7.) What SA do you think are best for each role/position?
    8.) Areal Defender and Defensive wall are best SA for Defenders: where do you set them (DL/DR or DC)?
    9.) If you use new version: Do you train only one player (for powertraining)? Or do you use few players at least?
    Last edited by nash123; 06-03-2016 at 08:21 PM.

(pls note, my experience founded on five accounts: my wife, her brother, two friends and my own)

1.) Does height have any effects? F.E.: Is a tall defender better at heading than a small one? Same about GK? If you think like this, what do you prefer (tall ones DC, small DL/DR, all of them as tall as possible,...)
    I really don't know... I've 3 tall Defenders - performance is completly different. I've 2 areal Defender, one is 196cm, one 178cm. At livegame it's hard to see, which one headed the ball out oft the box.

2.) Does foot matters? Does it have an effect on which side he plays?
    I think so - AML is right footed, my AMR is left footed and it worked to shoot some goals. If change them, the score less, but have more assists.

3.) What do you think about age?
    Young player level faster - but I also think on my own experience, they are extremly inconsistant. F.E. my Defenders are young 18-21 -> the old one has ~every 5th game bad performance. The 19 y.o. is about two good games, two bad, one good, three bad, three good, one bad,...

4.) If you buy a new player or set one to a postion, do you look at his skills, attributes (height, foot, age,..) and his stats (games played, goals,...)?
    I do, but I think skills are the same like height - maybe it's only cosmetic. Look at the following monsters...
    Dicher plays AML (he is from the beginnig in that team), Panev plays AMC (bought at the beginning of 2.season)

Player - what is important?-panev.jpg

Player - what is important?-dicher.jpg

5.) What skills do you think are important for each role?
    Like the Screenshot, I don't think about skills. I try them, if they don't perform, they will be sold.

6.) Do Special abilities depend on player skills? Why?
    Same thing: Look at the Screenshots... maybe yes. Maybe Dicher scores much more goals, if shooting is his best skill or he is eitherfooted.

7.) What SA do you think are best for each role/position?
    GK: 1on1 Stopper
    Defenders: Areal Defender and Defensive Wall
    DMC: Playmaker or CK/FK
    Midfielder: Playmaker or FK
    AMx: Shadow Striker
    ST: FK (because all seen ST with FK perform better than 1on1-Striker)

8.) Areal Defender and Defensive wall are best SA for Defenders: where do you set them (DL/DR or DC)?
    Usually DL/DR are Defensive Wall, DC are Areal Defender.

9.) If you use new version: Do you train only one player (for powertraining)? Or do you use few players at least?
    I just train whole squad or just the subs.
    Last edited by nash123; 06-03-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: experience

Rookie
    1,2,4,6: no
    3,5,7,8: doesn't matter
    9: whoever has too much condition

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    For players (and more), I wrote this thread which I suggest to read it
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...op-eleven.html

for special abilities, here I is my post
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-eleven-4.html

for training, I believe it doesn't affect what kind of drill we choose for our players.
    For example, if we do a lot of training in "1-1" finishing in one of our ST, nothing gonna change.
    The program doesn't have that depth to have effects of training in players performance.
    Training just gives the bonus (which matter) and increasing the q of our players.
    So, I just use this six pack (2 easy-very easy drills of 3 attack-defense-M&P) which make -6,75 condition loss, gives some descent progress and keeps high the bonus if train 2-4 times per day.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html