Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: New position : unlock skills

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Seems everyone failed, I shall step in
    @Marc3l What I've noticed that players DO tend to gain more for the highlighted attributes in the new version. For example, this is one of my ST:
    You can see the difference between the grey and white attributes. BTW all the positions and SA were as it is 5 seasons ago when he came as a recommendation.
    This is another one from @nikolgiorgos post:
    If someone could train a guy till 15SP in the old version and then auto-assign them, I could've concluded that important attributes are invisible, but present in the old version (don't have enough rests ). But since the OP is new, they don't need it.
    Well, training players a new role or SA is a waste of time. Those 40-50 SAs could've been used for the raw quality. Also, a DC needs to focus on only 8 attributes, so it'll make him a master in defence. Adding a fullback or DMC position makes it probably 10-11 attributes to focus. Just for the sake of being an all-rounder, 3 position players aren't worth it.
    I choose 2 position players mostly, wing players must play another position, since it becomes very limiting that they can play at only one spot. I never tend to play DML/R and ML/R, so I look for DC/DMC, DL/DC, DC/DR, AML/AMC, AMR/AMC, ST/AMC, ST/AML, ST/AMR. A single position DC or MC doesn't hurt (rarely you get double position MCs, and single position DC is a great defender since he has to focus on defence only — I have one, he's 120% in defence and rates consistently above 7). STs, I prefer dual position since they frequently have bad days and I can quickly get them back on track by swapping with another player. I prefer double position for tactical advantages, not for a more diverse skill distribution. I recommend you NEVER to have wing players with single position, they are very limiting. I once had a DL. He sucked every 3rd game, but I could do nothing but bench him. I nowadays swap players' position if they are playing bad.
    Nice kolkatar player

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by N3ROGamingHD View Post
    Nice kolkatar player

So you are from Kolkata too?
    N3ROGamingHD likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    So you are from Kolkata too?
    Yup From Kolkata.. Bangali

Arion likes this.

Some interesting points here. Contrary to one comment above, I advise training a special ability and a new position for young expensive single position players.
    It's important to do this as soon as you get him because once you start training him and he improves, his rate of advancement will drop.
    Celtic
    Level 18
    16 Leagues
    16 Champions Leagues
    5 Cups
    5 Trebles

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc3l View Post
    Hey,

I'm new to this game (I started 3 weeks ago), and I haven't read anything about "unlocked" skills with new position.

I recently added DMC position to my young MC. I discovered that some skills which were greyed out prior the completion of the new position, are now enlightened.
    Heading, strength and aggression are no longer greyed out. So I guess it means my MC will now be able to gain skill points in these 3 categories faster than before, right ? In the long run, wouldn't it be advantageous to add new position to young players, so they get more skill points overall ?

Here are some examples of unlocked skills after completing a new a position. I hope it's clear

DC -> DL/DR : Crossing, Speed ------ Adding DL or DR to a DC enlightens Crossing and Speed skills for this player
    DL/DR -> DC : Heading, Strength
    MC -> DMC : Heading, Strength, Aggression
    MC -> AMC : Heading, Finishing
    AMC -> MC : Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Bravery
    AMC -> AML/AMR : Crossing
    AMC -> ST : Positioning, Strength

Edit : When I say "add" a new position I mean "COMPLETING" the new position

If you guys ever discussed about it before, forgive me and give me the link to this subject please.
    No idea if this has no impact on the game, but I found it interesting.
    a new to this game player (3 weeks), making an interesting to discuss thread and after that he disappear
    I be damned
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Sorry i'm busy doing nothing

Some news about by own experience so far (middle of season 2).

I added DMC to my 20 years old MC. He's probably a fast trainer (he's in my team from the start).
    So HEADING, AGGRESSION and STRENGTH have been "unlocked".
    After 2 weeks, I noticed his defensive skills have been skyrocketing. He was really bad at defensive skills (around 52% average). He's now at 76%.
    While 2 of th 3 unlocked skills are from the fitness category, the biggest impact is clearly from the defensive category. Is it because he learnt a more defensive position ?
    I train him equally in defensive sessions (with my defenders) and offensive sessions (with my AMX + ST + GK), and I don't powertrain him.

He started with 3 stars during first season, he's now 5 stars and going forward 3 weeks later (with a completed new position). Maybe that's something common for a fast trainer, but he's catching up another MC fast trainer (same age, the recommanded guy when you start the tutorial).

I'm trying something similar with a young AMC who just learnt MC as a new position (tackling, marking, positionning and bravery unlocked). He's 53% in defensive skills right now (90% OFF, 78% FIT). I will watch him grow up and see where it goes. Problem : he's a substitute, so it might take a while before I notice anything serious.

Anyway, if you guys have tokens/green packs to waste, please try some combinations of new positions and watch if your player is growing faster than it should be.
    The more we are on this, the more we'll know. And maybe we'll realize it's a waste of time... OR NOT ??

Out of topic, my AMR recently scored 5 goals in a single game and earned +4% in shooting (I won 5-0). I don't know if it's common, usually my players get +1% from several skills but hardly more from a single skill. Are skills randomly allocated after a game or does it depend on the player impact during the game (goals, assists, whatever-u-name-it) ?

Halp !

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    He started with 3 stars during first season, he's now 5 stars and going forward 3 weeks later (with a completed new position). Maybe that's something common for a fast trainer, but he's catching up another MC fast trainer (same age, the recommanded guy when you start the tutorial).
    that's because a 3* fast trainer gains more than a 5* player.

Are skills randomly allocated after a game or does it depend on the player impact during the game (goals, assists, whatever-u-name-it) ?
    random I believe
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    New position : unlock skills-screenshot1312.jpg

check the strongest player of the vice- captain of the association rank 17 in the world top 100.

Think 179 % is the highest value possible ...

Look at the huge difference between def / att and physical despite 4/6 skills in defense are bright

In physical also huge difference between those skills !
    Marc3l likes this.

Are skills randomly allocated after a game or does it depend on the player impact during the game (goals, assists, whatever-u-name-it) ?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

random I believe
    Weird, usual game without individual great performance -> +1% random skills for each player (i never see more than +1% for a specific skill)
    Game won 5-0 with 5 goals from my 6* AMR -> +4% shooting
    Game won 6-0 with 4 goals from my 6* AML -> +4% finishing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast