Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By ChelmsfordFC

Thread: At a complete loss as to what happened...

At a complete loss as to what happened...

Well I've been playing Top Eleven now since the beginning of March, having ups and downs, Lost the cup at the quarter finals to a weaker team, and just now lost the Champions League at the quarter finals to yet again a weaker team. I'm at a complete loss as to what is going on.

It's not due to condition or morale, as I completely maxed out both of them before the match started.

I beat the opponent 2-0 on the home game in the champions league, and have been defeated quite embarresingly 3-0 on the away game. Pictures below to show that I still had posession bonus of 7%, all my team bonuses were maxed out, and my team is of higher quality than his. So what is going on?

Neither of our formations changed, so I would assume that I should get the same outcome as before. Or at least, that's what makes sense to me.

My teams quality is 96%, their team quality is 87%. Should also mention that "Reale" is also a scout level striker.

At a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-41-59.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-42-03.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-42-06.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-42-11.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-42-18.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-43-16.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-43-20.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-43-24.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-43-29.jpgAt a complete loss as to what happened...-screenshot_2016-06-18-17-50-06.jpg
    Last edited by ChelmsfordFC; 06-18-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What probably happened in that game, is that your opp (as you had a higher q team) set defense/counter and maybe long pass so
    - as you didn't have any DM, your team was vulnerable to that (long passing)
    - your attackers couldn't score
    - all your midf. players were focus on attack (red/attack arrows).

so, very wrong formation and orders + not a good day
    Sunil Chetri likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    nothing can explain... only can say... "bad luck" ... (and 96% vs 87%.... almost mean nothing at all.... my 136% team can draw with a 88% team in league also LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    What probably happened in that game, is that your opp (as you had a higher q team) set defense/counter and maybe long pass so
    - as you didn't have any DM, your team was vulnerable to that (long passing)
    - your attackers couldn't score
    - all your midf. players were focus on attack (red/attack arrows).

so, very wrong formation and orders + not a good day
    Very useful information, thank you very much However, how would I counteract this for the future?

What formation would you use to prevent the counter attack?
    Last edited by ChelmsfordFC; 06-18-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    nothing can explain... only can say... "bad luck" ... (and 96% vs 87%.... almost mean nothing at all.... my 136% team can draw with a 88% team in league also LOL )
    yes, many times even if he would use the right orders, could still loose that game, but in that case the F&T was weak.

What would of been the correct formation and tactics to use against someone who would be using the defensive, counter attack tactics?

ok , some tips for your case
    - As this is a critical game, you must go back and check his previous games.
    Is he always using this formation ?

- A weaker (in q) team than yours, 90% would set defensive mod
    - a defensive mod many times combines with counter attacks
    - When I see that opponent doesn't have a "between" line (DM players) I use long pass
    - This is deadly when it works

So, if I can see right (it's not complete your images), I would use 3DC-1DMC in my defense and also set defensive mod with counter attacks.
    If you won the first leg 2-0, why not playing defense and let your oppo exposing his team ?

Even if I 'm playing vs weaker teams, I prefer to play def/counters. Many times it's really "deadly" (more than playing hard attack).
    and you can score a lot of goals
    In many things the philosophy - the reaction/calculation of the game, is very different than real football.

check here for example (def/counter scores)
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-ready-22.html , #219

Addicted
    i just don't care what my opposite formation, i used the same formation since season 2.... and now, is season 13 LOL~ I won all the league title and all CL (except last season) title~ XD

Using the same formation (if it's a balanced one), or searching for a counter to your opponent ?
    Both can work (of course setting different orders/arrows, the team changing a lot).
    There is not the "one" right way to play.
    In my 13th season, I had won all the leagues, the CH.L. and 4 trebles.
    When I started playing the game and till lv3, as I had a better team than most of my opponents (5* and 6* players), I was setting attack mod.
    After I became a forum member here (at lv2) and start reading many posts, I switched my mentality to defense/counter and tried to find counter formations, so you can see the analogy of goals (GA - GF). I still playing defense/counter in 80-90% of my games.

At a complete loss as to what happened...-overview-history.jpg