Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: the unrealistic game engine is getting really annoying now

Addicted

the unrealistic game engine is getting really annoying now

* My starting lineups avg skill level is 28. Opponents' is 22,3

* He uses 4-5-1 flat. I use the basic counter formation to this, the 3-5-2 (i used 3-5-2 V once he had scored two goals).

* He isn't watching the game, so I have 12% bonus possession as home team.

* The possession for the game was 59-41 to me.

* The shots? 21-10 to HIM. On top of that, he had a massive 16 on target while i had 3. At one point he had 16 on target from 18 shots.

* The result? 3-0 to him. His team was up 0-3 after just 44 minutes.

The weird part? Despite less possession, despite far worse players than mine and despite the fact that I used two counter-formations that always works well against the 4-5-1 flat, he absolutely massacred my team! How is that possible?
    Now i know that worse teams can always beat better teams. But will they crush the better team in terms of chances and goals? Not really.

How often would you see a la liga team not named Real Madrid/valencia/atletico madrid outshoot and slaughter Barcelona? Never. You will see Barca lose and drop points, but not in a fashion similar to this.
    These unrealistic results lately are really getting to me. What's the point in using the best counter-formations and having better players, when the game engine screws you over in a highly unrealistic fashion anyway?

The other day, I used a 4-5-1 V against a 4-4-2. The opponent's avg skill was 20. He won 4-1. Madness.
    It is high time that Nordeus fixes this. I dunno what they did at the end of last season, but ever since the results have been way too unrealistic

Rookie
    yeah, this season is bad for me also, maybe now the probability to win is really 50-50
    Achievement so far :

Season 1 : Runner up on League
    Season 2 : Double - League and Champions
    Season 3 : Double - League and Champions (100% wins in league)
    Season 4 : 1st Place on League
    Season 5 : Runner up on League

Nothing in the game of soccer is unrealistic
    But it's always annoying when you loose/draw against a weak opponent of course.
    But do not forget to have fun during playing top eleven. It's a game after all
    Playing with team: Oranje

Addicted
    I should also note that I am not complaining about my loss. **** happens (especially in this game) and I'm sure I'll win my league anyway. I'm just irritated at HOW I lost as unrealistic games like this one is happening way too often nowadays (not just for me).

The game engine relies on a random generator. If you do the right things you are likely to win, but fortune also plays a role. That sucks, but we all have to deal with it (suffered under this system in the last days, too. One day 11-0 in the CL away against an inactive player, two days later same formation, same mentality, I won luckily 1-0; today I played 2-2 draw after a last minute goal for a 7 points weaker opponent). That really nerves, but in real football upsets are also possible.
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 03-19-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    CaminoNuevoPH likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker-32 View Post
    Nothing in the game of soccer is unrealistic
    But it's always annoying when you loose/draw against a weak opponent of course.
    But do not forget to have fun during playing top eleven. It's a game after all
    im not annoyed to have lost to a weaker team. im annoyed at the fact that despite me dominating the game, his team outclasses me in terms of shots (as well as getting a massive 16 shots on target to my 3).

If he had used a perfect counter-formation to mine i wouldn't care, but this time it was the opposite. I was using the counter formation to his tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    The game engine relies on a random generator. If you do the right things you are likely to win, but fortune also plays a role. That sucks, but we all have to deal with it. In real football upsets are also possible.
    im not upset about the loss, im upset at HOW the loss happened (i used a counterformation, have better players, dominate possession...yet he outshoots and outscores me rather easily. He also hits the goal 16 times, my players hit it 3 times)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    The game engine relies on a random generator. If you do the right things you are likely to win, but fortune also plays a role. That sucks, but we all have to deal with it. In real football upsets are also possible.
    You're damn right about that......so when it's sucks, it sucks for everyone
    Playing with team: Oranje

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    You can say same about Lyon who lost with 4-1 against unknow team, there is no reason to be mad is normal to have results like that sometimes, of course if it will be to often is not ok too.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    You can say same about Lyon who lost with 4-1 against unknow team, there is no reason to be mad is normal to have results like that sometimes, of course if it will be to often is not ok too.
    no, you can't really say the same about Lyon. Because in Lyon's case they don't encounter such losses more than once very 5 years; not twice in 5 games.

Also, did Lyon really play their best players and were they outshot heavily despite dominating possession? If yes, THEN you can compare

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    no, you can't really say the same about Lyon. Because in Lyon's case they don't encounter such losses more than once very 5 years; not twice in 5 games.

Also, did Lyon really play their best players and were they outshot heavily despite dominating possession? If yes, THEN you can compare
    Yes because they needed all the 3 points
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast