Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shots Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by RCF12Manager View Post
    ... GKS/SOT ( opponent saves per accurate shot ) tells you more. Also, if your ST have bad ratings like 6.6 you can start to look at your training drills with them.
    And what exactly?
    F.e.: Oppo Squad had 8 SOT, my keeper only 3 saves, game ended 3:0 to me. So, what's about the 5 missing saves?
    Btw. my keepers rating was 7.6.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabien Charbonnier View Post
    Formation is 3.4.1.2 and my attackers are D. Alamo and D. Marsh
    no, I don't mean their names - lol
    I mean are they new in the team (or from last season > how did they perform then ?)
    How much q they have 5-6-7* ?
    Do you have this issue in every game ? in few games ? against strong teams or weak too ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    And what exactly?
    F.e.: Oppo Squad had 8 SOT, my keeper only 3 saves, game ended 3:0 to me. So, what's about the 5 missing saves?
    Btw. my keepers rating was 7.6.
    Probably the other 5 shots got blocked by the defenders.

That's what I wanted to show: statistic says nothing. If you are, and the defenders saved 5 times, it also means, that the keeper was 5 times beaten. If that's true, why he got a rating 7.6? If you don't know, what happened to the 5 SOT, the statistic is useless.
    And on the other side... my wife lost 1:0, keeper saved 7, SOT: 8 and he only got a rating 6,7.

I also lost games, where my team was much better on statistics, oppo-keeper saved nothing, mine saved as much as he can, but sillt lost. Statistic is nice, but nothing I will use blind.

i dnt really bother at statistic its confusing
    i only look at my players rating.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nash123 View Post
    That's what I wanted to show: statistic says nothing. If you are, and the defenders saved 5 times, it also means, that the keeper was 5 times beaten. If that's true, why he got a rating 7.6? If you don't know, what happened to the 5 SOT, the statistic is useless.
    And on the other side... my wife lost 1:0, keeper saved 7, SOT: 8 and he only got a rating 6,7.

I also lost games, where my team was much better on statistics, oppo-keeper saved nothing, mine saved as much as he can, but sillt lost. Statistic is nice, but nothing I will use blind.
    If the defenders blocked 5 shots doesn't mean that the GK was beaten, means that the ball was going on target but the defenders blocked it. If they didn't do it, 1 of 2 things would happen, goal or a save.

About GK rating, there is a problem there, a GK can have a clean sheet and get a 7-8 rating without making a single save. And can have a rating 5-6 making a lot of save and conceding 1 or 2 goals. In my view there is a huge penalty in the GK ratings if they concede a goal and if the team wins or not, the number of saves seems less important for the rating.

Statistics are just that, statistics, use them just to see what happened during the game, doesn't mean that the most dominant team will win. Like real football, many teams win games without having more shots than the opposition.
    Last edited by dragonjm; 07-11-2016 at 05:38 PM.

Pro
    My team is mentioned 9 times in the top 5 ratings of goals/assists/ratings. I had a game with 29 shots and 12 at target and the end score was 0-0. Troll results happen and I can live with it.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12