View Poll Results: What Cup Format Would You Like?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1 - Old Format (Friends)

21 23.33%
  • Option 2 - Current Format (Quality)

15 16.67%
  • Option 3 - Level Banded Format

38 42.22%
  • Option 4 - Play teams of the same level Format

16 17.78%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: UNOFFICIAL POLL: What Cup Format Would You Like?

Exclamation UNOFFICIAL POLL: What Cup Format Would You Like?

BEFORE VOTING: Please read the options below

Option 1 - Old "Friends" Format

A return back to the old cup format that was used until last season, the higher levels obviously have the advantage of winning the cups and getting all the prize money they need and any lower level teams that face higher level teams get bumper prize money in the early rounds but are usually heavily beaten and crash out early with no chance of winning the cup. There are many games that see L2 play the likes of L15 often which are anti-climax type of games and we know who is going to win, The highest ranked teams often win the cup season after season. Also in this cup it pairs you up against friend clubs which many players like to see.

Option 2 - Current "Quality Based" Format

This was introduced as an attempt to even out the cup competition but it has affected any token buyers in a very bad way and they have the disadvantage of playing teams about 2 levels above them. Its good to see a more level playing field between teams of quality and iron out the L2 vs L15 situation to give more players a chance of winning the cup but it favors the non-token buying active managers

Option 3 - Level Banded Format

I think this personally is how the cup should work and would work best IMO, teams should be put into a Level Banded format. This would still give the cup a more even playing field for most and it irons out the L2 vs L15 situation, As players move up through league levels they will spend some seasons as 'Underdogs' being on the lowest level in the band and some seasons as 'favourites' when they are on the highest level of the current band, token buyers are not affected in a bad way at all, and we all get to experience being Underdogs some seasons and being Favourites in other seasons, This would be the fairest cup format of them all to everyone.

I would categorize the level bands in the following:
    L1 Beginners Cup
    L2-L5
    L6-L9
    L10-L13
    L14-L17
    L18-L21
    L22-L25
    L26+ Shark Tank

The draw would seeded like the old format and the higher levels would most likely face inactive/semi active low quality teams in the preliminaries.

As we move up through the levels we get to play in different cup levels and obviously on servers ages sometimes there maybe times were some teams would be the 'odd one out' and they would have to be placed in the band nearest to there relative level. Eg. L18 top level on server but there is only 22 teams at L18 so they would have to play in the L13-L17 band.

Option 4 - Play teams the around the same level as you

This one would be like the current format we have now but with Levels rather than Quality, you would play teams mostly of your level and this would indeed favour token buyers and token buyers in their own right should have this advantage because they paid for tokens, but under this format we wouldn't get to play competitive teams of different levels and it also irons out the L2 vs L15 situation, also the 'odd ones out' would have to play in the nearest level cup to the current level they are in, this makes the cup more fairer to everyone and it would feel like a UEFA Cup competition, (before it came Europa League and it introduced group stages).

It would be interesting to see what everyone thinks.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-11-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    4 option is pointless.... it's basically a new CL with 128 teams

Banned
    I will think a format different from the one you mentioned.... if i came up with something good i tell you, so you can add option to the list... for now i'm for option 3

Quote Originally Posted by CarlTaut View Post
    4 option is pointless.... it's basically a new CL with 128 teams
    Yes but it doesn't give token buyers a disadvantage like our new current format has.

Banned
    Why not band team from 4 levels and let's only 2 lower levels teams play the first rounds

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yes but it doesn't give token buyers a disadvantage like our new current format has.
    Is giving an advantage because think on general how it was.

I was a scouter before too but what I could do? Nothing same all scouters from my server, they could donate how much they wanted because we had level 18+ in CUP.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Is giving an advantage because think on general how it was.

I was a scouter before too but what I could do? Nothing same all scouters from my server, they could donate how much they wanted because we had level 18+ in CUP.
    Lets be honest, with all these tokens we have, we wouldn't wan't to be put at a disadvantage in the cup against higher level teams of quality of many players that have not bought any tokens before.
    Darth Sidious and aiureah like this.

Make it closer bands for the 3rd option and I'm all for it.

I'd say a 3 level difference is fairer
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Question for you

What was your higher level player facing when u won the cup?
    Extraterestrii - Level 25-Season 27
    19 Times League Winner - 4 Times League Runners Up-1 3rd place
    11 Champions League Winners - 4 Times CL 3rd Place
    1 CUP 2nd place, 1 CUP 3rd place

My Team: http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...nian-team.html
    Our club official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Extra...19484014750358

Junior Aliens in the 35 T League

1 35T CUP TROPHY-
    1 League Trophy

Top Eleven Romanian Forum Moderator

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Lets be honest, with all these tokens we have, we wouldn't wan't to be put at a disadvantage in the cup against higher level teams of quality of many players that have not bought any tokens before.
    And why I should donate before? When I didn't had any chance to win CUP ?
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast