Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Retirement Age

Apprentice

Retirement Age

Hi,
    I bought a player aged 18 and have spent oh-so-many resources on him in an effort to get him top of the appearances Hall of Fame. I mean, the countless hours watching videos for green packs. I can't even guess how many green packs...it's in the several thousands.
    So, he reached 30 this season and I find he's going to retire at 32! To say I'm gutted is an understatement.
    My question is: is there any way to change a retirement age or tell what age they will retire before buying them?

Addicted
    no...but 32 -33 is the age of retirement...even some maybe at 34...(or maybe 35..but i never seen yet...)

Dont punish the poor lad, at 32 he deserves the right to hang his boots and call it a day.

Must have been a damned good player if you kept him that long though
    cookizzz and HairDryer like this.

Apprentice
    The bigger question is, how did your player manage to keep up with your advancement in levels?
    When I buy an 18-year-old, only in very rare occasions that he can still be six-star quality when he reaches 22 years old, because by then, he would have to have gained about three stars worth of quality in order to keep up with losing one star after each season.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Sih View Post
    The bigger question is, how did your player manage to keep up with your advancement in levels?
    When I buy an 18-year-old, only in very rare occasions that he can still be six-star quality when he reaches 22 years old, because by then, he would have to have gained about three stars worth of quality in order to keep up with losing one star after each season.
    Me too, but otoh I waste a lot of rest packs to get my team prepared for games if there only are a few hours between them and on at least 3-5 fast trainers. Imagine if you farmed max each day and put all your rest packs into the same kid, I recon he would become pretty good eventually.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    no...but 32 -33 is the age of retirement...even some maybe at 34...(or maybe 35..but i never seen yet...)
    From my sparse experience, there seem to be pretty little variation among the players in the game. What is your guys experience of this? Have you like seen a 38 y/o player? A 202 cm striker? And so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    From my sparse experience, there seem to be pretty little variation among the players in the game. What is your guys experience of this? Have you like seen a 38 y/o player? A 202 cm striker? And so forth.
    are you refering to ryan giggs and peter crouch.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Sih View Post
    Power training, mate. It was a lot quicker and easier on the old training system, but it takes a lot of time and video-watching to gain green packs.

I conservatively estimate 2500-3000 green packs over the course of 12 seasons, so far. It takes a very long time to farm that many, as you can probably imagine.

Hence my annoyance at his early retirement!
    Bunzo likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    Me too, but otoh I waste a lot of rest packs to get my team prepared for games if there only are a few hours between them and on at least 3-5 fast trainers. Imagine if you farmed max each day and put all your rest packs into the same kid, I recon he would become pretty good eventually.
    If you can get a fast-training 18-year-old, you can train a special ability and have him at 9* by the time he's 22, if you're prepared to watch a lot of videos, save all your green packs and invest them in him. You also end up training him a lot.
    Once he's 8* or 9*, you can imagine that he gets MoM a lot, so that's quite a few skill points. Also, once they're 9*, the rate of progress for training is so poor that it's not worth doing, really. Probably true of 8*, too. Better to get them to 8* and then save the packs for the next season.
    Anyway, suffice it to say it takes a lot of time and effort!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlony Wong View Post
    No, I didn't think there was, but there may have been something I missed. Am always learning new things about this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast