Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What's the reason / motivation to move up one league?

What's the reason / motivation to move up one league?

Sorry if that sounds silly. But in "normal" manager games on PCs etc you have a certain goal within your league. Maybe win the championship.
    Or if you play in the 2nd division to move up to the 1st division. But after all your final goal always is to win the 1st division or the Champions League e.g.

But here at Top 11 I don't quite get the idea of moving up one ladder. You always can move up. Plus you actually can usually not move down.
    So it seems like an endless road.
    Yeah you get the satisfaction of becoming a better manager. But so are your opponents, right?
    When I moved up 3 leagues, I play vs managers who did the same. So after all I actually reached no goal.

You get my point?

What are your thoughts on this?

One possible answer: to make users spend.

Each time you level up, the players in your squad lose 1 star, which means you will likely need to boost their quality by training, and/or buy new players. When a manager reaches the very high levels, things get more worst as it seems that only 3-star players are generated for the market; this might be a business ploy as users that reach those levels have a very high chance of being serious users, and hence they will spend money to get players from scout's list or the other expensive lists.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-28-2016 at 08:13 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Yeah that would make sense from "their" point of view.
    But for us players its pretty much the same in which level we play. There is just no final goal to reach. Its always about moving up with no land in sight.

Rookie
    Lolll...what are u talking about???....Top eleven is the best football manager game there is...
    Are u saying that there is no champions league in top eleven???
    U should first complete the league in top 4 positions to get to champions league....there is cup also....to get access to them u should complete ur 1st level...so don't get to conclusions after playing for 1 or 2 days...
    There is also associations...after u complete ur training level 5...in which u associate with ur friends to compete with other associations around the world...u can also chat with ur friends.....
    This game is addictive as ****...if u know how to play it....

BTW u just can't keep moving to next level unless u are in top 7 every season!!!! So study the rules and tutorials first!!!!!!
    Last edited by sherlock140; 07-27-2016 at 07:54 PM.

I buy about Six scout players at the start of the new season.This is enough to get you through the season winning the CL and league without defeat.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionFalko View Post
    Sorry if that sounds silly. But in "normal" manager games on PCs etc you have a certain goal within your league. Maybe win the championship.
    Or if you play in the 2nd division to move up to the 1st division. But after all your final goal always is to win the 1st division or the Champions League e.g.

But here at Top 11 I don't quite get the idea of moving up one ladder. You always can move up. Plus you actually can usually not move down.
    So it seems like an endless road.
    Yeah you get the satisfaction of becoming a better manager. But so are your opponents, right?
    When I moved up 3 leagues, I play vs managers who did the same. So after all I actually reached no goal.

You get my point?

I see what you mean. If you were to play 15 seasons you would simply climb up 15 levels. There are no ultimate level you can reach, it always add up. It is true that it would be cool if there were such an ultimate level, a "premier" league that you reach only by finising top 7 of the previous level, and where the last 7 of that Premier League would go down. That Ultimate level would then be an awesome competitive level. But it is not practical for many reasons.

Instead you get a game where you need to plan ahead season by season about players that would lose stars each time you move up, in order to stay competitive level after level. And you need to do that because the qualification for the Cup are starting right away and if you are not ready you may get kicked out right in the beginning against someone you would have beaten later on but right now at the beginning of the season has a better team than you.

I agree however that it is an endless road. I actually which there was an option to put your team on hold for a season, without aging, just so that you can take a break from time to time.

You have to think that every new season is a reboot
    achiie and HairDryer like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    You get my point?
    well, that's this game.
    It's like saying for another game, "Why I have to go inside a dungeon, kill some bad guys,then the boss, then get the treasure and then go to another dungeon to do the same ?"
    Stefanakis and osos4ever like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it."
    osos4ever and smk fc like this.

Famous
    Promotion is my basic goal. I want to promote in each season and participate higher level competition in every new season. I don't want to intentionally stay in a league in the same level. I understand some managers lacking time to compete promotion in every season and respect their decision to temporarily give up competing. But using multiple seasons to build a team to compete in same level is a type of challenge I don't like.

On the other hand, it is not a conspiracy theory that T11 is so designed to promote all top 7 teams to higher levels in every season so as to stimulate spending. This is a true business decision.

Some managers may think the competition is similar in every season and it is looked like a endless road without ultimate goal. This may be true. But somehow it is more "realistic" than some other games. In real world, Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal, etc. attempts to win the same English Premier League trophy in every season, even without the extra challenge of facing even stronger team in next level. In contrast, other games may have an ultimate goal and players will likely stop playing when such goal has been achieved. As T11 managers, we may choose disliking Nordeus to design a game like this. But in my opinion, this is not wrong.

Some managers may think T11 is not as creative as other games. But this is a simulation game. T11 may not be realistic. But it is impossible to be fully realistic.

I agree that the game T11 can always be improved. So I like seeing creative suggestions. At the same time, I also want T11 keeping some of its characteristics. I don't want to try to bring all features of other games to T11.

I am sorry that I gradually discussed something out of topic.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 07-28-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    HairDryer and Niddhoeggr like this.

Besides financial bonus, new stadium upgrades, increased attendance limit (up to level ~16 I think) and, if you reach top 4, playing Champions League, there is no other real reason to get promotion.
    Promotion is also useful for new players to reach level 4 and unlock negotiations.
    For me, promotion is good only if I finish in top 4, otherwise I don't want promotion at all. Those financial bonuses we get for 5th, 6th and 7th place are nowhere enough for reconstruction of team for next season. My team has world arena built so now I don't care about stadium upgrades
    Ex top eleven player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast