Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Forfeited Match

Rookie

Forfeited Match

This thing about match being forfeited due to a team failing to field 11 players and awarding the opponent a 3-0 win is a HUGE problem! Teams which do not have enough players are usually abandoned team which provides a goal fest to others.

i will be facing a team today which concedes an average of 9 goals per game. Unfortunately he has 2 players suspended and 1 injured from the last match. Having only 13 players, i'll definitely be awarded a 3-0 win.

Now, i'm in a race to win the league, and goal difference counts! I might lose the league due because of this...sigh...

just ranting my frustrations over here...something has to be done about this.
    LassanaDiarra likes this.

Famous
    Take it up with FIFA, that's literally the rules.

A team sanctioned with a forfeit is considered to have lost the match by 3-0.

If the goal difference at the end of the match is greater than three, the result on the pitch is upheld
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Please go & read Law 3 Then you can edit your reply
    cookizzz likes this.

Famous
    Support strictly following FIFA law on minimum number of players. Then teams with 11 players only will still be able to normally play for several weeks and all teams will likely normally play till end of the season. When new season begins, all teams will have at least 14 players again.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    hahaha good one, but too bad this ain't FIFA. I don't think FIFA allows a team to play consecutively for 28 days - or rather 2 or more games a day.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by naimcyk View Post
    I don't think FIFA allows a team to play consecutively for 28 days - or rather 2 or more games a day.
    Well, I've never noticed Barca's entire team aging a full year in the span of a month...

So you think a better rule could be... A team that is unfit to take the field shall take it anyways to allow the challenger 90 minutes of goalscoring.

I once lost a League Title for that same reason. To rub it in, my closest rival had the abandoned team the previous day and beat him 12-0. But 1 player was injured and 3 bookings meaning a couple of suspensions. So I got a 3-0 award the next day. I lost the title by 2 goals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by naimcyk View Post
    hahaha good one, but too bad this ain't FIFA. I don't think FIFA allows a team to play consecutively for 28 days - or rather 2 or more games a day.
    I don't think FiFA have any rule to disallow this.

You want that the span of a T11 season will extend to a full calendar year, T11 teams will play 2 matches in one calendar week, and managers will have 2 calendar months to build a team?

BTW, I believe that this thread talks about forbeiting matches because one of the team has less the minimum required number of players. No match have been forbeited because any team play consecutively for 28 days.
    Last edited by cookizzz; 09-13-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Famous
    I keep imagining the opposite:

I am leading my league by one win and have a better goal difference of 2 goals over my nearest rival. Last game, players took red cards, now I will lose next game for sure. The crap thing is, other team will score tons of goals, because my goalie has red card. Because we don't use FIFA rules like rest of the world, I can't have a proper 3-0 forfeit, so I'm gonna lose my League too this season with BS goal difference!
    Then, I would be behind you.

It's not fair to ask another team to "lose harder" so a fit team gets even more advantage. That one team gets a 3-0 technical win while others get 9-0 is what we call "luck of the draw".
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie
    Solution (and in general a much better way to decide these situations) would be to use head-to-head rather than goal difference as the deciding factor. La Liga uses head-to-head. Premier League goal difference. Too lazy to google other leagues.
    LeManiaque likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast