Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Best formation?

Best formation?

Hey guys,which do you think is the best formation?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Oooh this is a debatable question.

Short answer would be - There ain't a "best" formation.

Long answer - Depends on what you are going up against.

A lot comes down to countering the opponent's formation. But proper choices in the "Tactics" tab of the "Squad" menu are imperative to how most formations will work for your team during a live match. Furthermore, choosing a proper formation depends on what players you have in your team, and I don't just mean in terms of roles they can fulfill.

To give you my own choice in formation (and an example) - I like to play with a a 4-5V-1 the most. Works for my players, especially with the demi-gods that my AML and AMR are and the two STs I rotate around for matches. I often, if not always, beat 4-4-2s with this formation btw.

But hey, this is just my squad. Let's see what other will share as tips go!

P.S.
    You don't always have to follow any strict formation btw. With enough experience with the game a Manager will start to "feel" what he/she can do in certain situations that may end up in some pretty unorthodox formations! But never forget to supplement a formation with proper "Tactics" and make sure to use the UP and DOWN arrows for players when you want your players to execute certain maneuvers during the match.

Funny ,i also use 4-5-1V but i lost 5:3 on aggregate and opponentnhad 39 possesion in both games and twice less shots than me,his team was 4-5 stars and mine 5-6 and i lost,he used 3W-1-3N-2-1,i had all bonuses 10%,full condition and morale
    Last edited by Maxxy77; 09-13-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Do you have counter attack On??

Counter attacks and arrows

Hello guys,wonder if you are using counter-attacks(ON),i play 4-5-1V and i don't know what arows should i use,some suggestions,please?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Very, very rarely would I use counter attacks. I play offensively btw.

So he played 3W-1-3N-2-1.

Hm If I see those DC gaps in the 3W, I would turn my 4-5V-1 in to a 3-5V-2 by employing my 2nd ST. I will definitely keep my AML and AMR because he is concentrating a LOT in the center and I want to get the ball out of there and pass it up to the sides and forward, hence keeping the 5V.

Which leads me to my own defense - Due to his 3N my flanks are safe and, again, due to his 3N-2-1 I will have to quickly reinforce my center-defense and back up my DMC by switching up the 4 defenders in to a 3 DC wall.

I have a lot of confidence in my DMC and backing him up with DCs should be enough (It usually is) - I will not put the mentality on defense is what I'm saying.

So Attack it is - again, gotta get that ball out of the center-middle where the cluster of players will be situated.

Sorry for asking,but what arrows do you use?,i use none..

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Hm, this REALLY depends on the situation you are facing.

Let's see what arrows do first though.

The UP arrow basically makes the player be more active towards the front. You can say that he will even change-up his role by doing this.
    e.g. When I play the 4-5-1V I may, ever so often, put an UP arrow on my DMC if I want to be more aggressive and help out the middle. The DMC in this case will often push forward and basically acts a semi-MC.

The DOWN arrow - The situation is the same here but just in reverse.
    e.g. Put a DOWN on that DMC and he will stay behind and act as a semi-DC. If I get pushed a lot I may do this in order to keep my formation and still offer a bit more in the defense department. Although changing up the formation in order to compliment a defensive play with 5 defenders + counter attacks would be better I suppose <- I'm just not a fan of this kind of play. I like to keep the ball in the middle. Sure my defenders will defend against any attack but if I can stop the attack from ever being conceived...

Another example - My opponent has a very tough AML or ML on my right flank. Sure I have my DR ready but, as I mentioned previously - once the ball passes the middle plane it's already dangerously close to my goal-line - so I would most likely put an UP arrow on my DR in order to "motivate" him to play in a more-forward fashion, thus essentially making him intercept any play from the opponent's left flanker as early as possible and apply pressure.

But this is my playstyle - I am more of a "reactive" Manager who still tends to play offensively. I have a starter plan but I am ready to deviate at any moment. (As I've also noted in my reply to this thread - "When do you sub?")

Also, some mangers preemptively put arrows on some or all the players in their squad before the match even begins - the arrows are part of their complete formation and the tactics they've chosen, which is different from what I use arrows for (A supplementary tool for reactive plays)

Different playstyles, something that Top 11 is so great for allowing!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Hm, this REALLY depends on the situation you are facing.

Let's see what arrows do first though.

The UP arrow basically makes the player be more active towards the front. You can say that he will even change-up his role by doing this.
    e.g. When I play the 4-5-1V I may, ever so often, put an UP arrow on my DMC if I want to be more aggressive and help out the middle. The DMC in this case will often push forward and basically acts a semi-MC.

The DOWN arrow - The situation is the same here but just in reverse.
    e.g. Put a DOWN on that DMC and he will stay behind and act as a semi-DC. If I get pushed a lot I may do this in order to keep my formation and still offer a bit more in the defense department. Although changing up the formation in order to compliment a defensive play with 5 defenders + counter attacks would be better I suppose <- I'm just not a fan of this kind of play. I like to keep the ball in the middle. Sure my defenders will defend against any attack but if I can stop the attack from ever being conceived...

Another example - My opponent has a very tough AML or ML on my right flank. Sure I have my DR ready but, as I mentioned previously - once the ball passes the middle plane it's already dangerously close to my goal-line - so I would most likely put an UP arrow on my DR in order to "motivate" him to play in a more-forward fashion, thus essentially making him intercept any play from the opponent's left flanker as early as possible and apply pressure.

But this is my playstyle - I am more of a "reactive" Manager who still tends to play offensively. I have a starter plan but I am ready to deviate at any moment. (As I've also noted in my reply to this thread - "When do you sub?")

Also, some mangers preemptively put arrows on some or all the players in their squad before the match even begins - the arrows are part of their complete formation and the tactics they've chosen, which is different from what I use arrows for (A supplementary tool for reactive plays)

Different playstyles, something that Top 11 is so great for allowing!
    Jeeves,do you mind posting your team pic? If not i kinda understand and kinda dont

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Jordan Voll View Post
    Jeeves,do you mind posting your team pic? If not i kinda understand and kinda dont
    Haha...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast