Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: wtf again

wtf again

wtf some one explain this. full condition and all moral upgraded to superb for all players for this game and then this happens. wasted about $1b+ to buy good player and lose to low star teams. why does it keep happening. i even changed tactics to match his play style the best i could and still i lose. this has been happening a lot, not in league but in cup and champions league. in league, even if you set you tactic to lose you always win but in cup and champions league i lose all the time to low star team. lost to a all 3 star team in champions league yesterday. do i need to change my team name?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wtf again-4.jpg   wtf again-1.jpg   wtf again-2.jpg   wtf again-3.jpg  

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Lets see.

You went with a narrow diamond, full on through the middle. He was controlling the midfield with the wall of midfielders and furthermore supplied an AMR on your left flank while having an AMC and ST in the middle. More presence in the middle provides you with a possession play. He was able to take the ball from you.

Now. The only hole in your defense is going to be exploited through the middle all the while his AML standing in a flanking position to receive the ball from the middle after his guys overpower your players through sheer numbers. Then he is free to pass it up through your open left flank and delivering it to the push in the center. (I would have put that DL with an up arrow if I were you).

Now, take a look at who actually scored the goals against you:
    1 - From J.Spotbeen (DR) with a pass from B.Adarov (AMC)
    2 - From T.Summerville (ST) with a pass from S.Di Stefano (AMR)

As you can see both times the attack began from the players appointed to receive the ball after the fight in the middle. Once it came from the AMC (the central push) and the second time, that open flank got exploited by the AMR and he passed the ball right in the feet of the ST (again the central push).

Your opponent was able to see the only openings you had and took his chance, with this play.

P.S. No it's not strange to see a defender be able to score a goal.

I think you need more symetrical formation. For example add an MR to replace the MC or go 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow (No MR or ML) and concenterate on short pass thru the middle. This sometimes work with me. If you choose to add the ML, Go wing play style (Focus passing : Down both Flanks)

Even at that there is no reason for him to lose.

He has an AMC, opponent has no DMC
    He has 2 strikers, Opponent has only one DC and a totally **** DL.

If tthe opponent can exploit his formation errors, why cant he exploit the opponents own errors.

My conclusion to you OP is that **** happens. Take it on the chin and keep doing your best

Also I have to add that both formations (yours and your opponents') make my eyes hurt. Please set up like real football managers please.
    Bunzo and Awe Imoleayo Peter like this.

Famous
    Considering the assistant comments, his team was not in full shape: I really think the bonus and conditions are the most important parameters in the new version of the game. More than tactic definitely. Specially (believe it or ot) when you play weaker teams.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

his teams condition was in the top green and his teams moral was averaging great. and who knows what matches were played before and what time. his assistant comments don't always reflect that of a games result. with cup, champions league, league and association games I've played a team all just barely above 60% fitness and still dominated games.

it boils down to tactics and which % bonus's. and regardless of what Jeeves said, the opposition has made more weaker tactical choices which really should resulted in a lose no appearance bonus and no in match calling bonus's, no excuse.

1DC, 2 full backs, 4MC's (1ML) and 2AMC's and a striker..... that defense is hugely exposed.
    kin10 likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Lets see.

You went with a narrow diamond, full on through the middle. He was controlling the midfield with the wall of midfielders and furthermore supplied an AMR on your left flank while having an AMC and ST in the middle. More presence in the middle provides you with a possession play. He was able to take the ball from you.

Now. The only hole in your defense is going to be exploited through the middle all the while his AML standing in a flanking position to receive the ball from the middle after his guys overpower your players through sheer numbers. Then he is free to pass it up through your open left flank and delivering it to the push in the center. (I would have put that DL with an up arrow if I were you).

As you can see both times the attack began from the players appointed to receive the ball after the fight in the middle. Once it came from the AMC (the central push) and the second time, that open flank got exploited by the AMR and he passed the ball right in the feet of the ST (again the central push).

Your opponent was able to see the only openings you had and took his chance, with this play.

Jeeves, I won't be surprised if the DR goal is a cornerkick. It's just that there is currently no way to tell a cornerkick goal and a freekick goal from a normal goal, but penalty kicks get a separate icon. This is seriously hurting our ability to understand what happened in a game from the review screen. Is this cover-up intentional?

The probability for cornerkicks to score does feel to have increased with the latest patch.
    Season 71, Level 61

so you are saying my 4 D and 1 DMF has full of holes for opponent to score but his 3 D has no holes for my 2 F and 1 AMC to score. damn fine logic. yeah its true that defenders score, infact most of my goals has been scored by defenders and all free kicks has been scored by them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Lets see.

so you are saying my 4 D and 1 DMF has full of holes for opponent to score but his 3 D has no holes for my 2 F and 1 AMC to score. damn fine logic. yeah its true that defenders score, infact most of my goals has been scored by defenders and all free kicks has been scored by them too.

17 shots with just 3 on target may give you a clue. 17 shots is a reasonable number in a match, so that would suggest you are getting past the opponents midfield.

Are you playing too attacking? i.e. are your side in a rush to get shots off rather than patiently creating clear cut chances? I would suspect this is most likely.

Or did the opponents defence frustrate you? i.e. Your players couldn't get into the box and were forced to take shots from long range? Given the opposition was playing 3 at the back with no DMs whilst you had a reasonable number of attacking players, I doubt this is the reason.

If I was the favourite I would have played with more width, to stretch the opponent. In particular to pull their 3 defenders out of position. You want to force gaps to exploit. Dialling back the mentality a notch could help promote more patient build up play, as could changing the passing settings.

If I were the underdog I would do the opposite. Narrow formation, try to minimise gaps, hope to close the game down and fluke a result.

Not a fan of asymettrical formations personally, mostly from an aesthetic/realism point of view but they can make it obvious what your plan is. That in itself can be exploited by a shrewd opponent.

Or you could of course just have been unlucky.It happens. I am assuming the goals weren't free kicks given away by hard tackling setting?
    Last edited by Kato Ox; 10-06-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast