Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Shots & posession

Shots & posession

Not for first time got statistics like this: Shots & posession-3ufac5-1-.png
    Having a significant advantage in posession, lost in shots and shots in target.
    What I'm doing wrong?
    P.S. attack and defance ratings are mine or equal
    Last edited by lonesomehill; 09-29-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Dreamer
    I've been getting that lately. Hadn't been happening hardly ever since the new training was introduced earlier in the year. Since the update this month the game is all out of whack.

agreed, I've observed such strange matches mainly in current season
    Last edited by lonesomehill; 09-29-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Apprentice
    Nothing strange about your statistics. You just cannot turn your possession into scoring chances. Having a new team, or recently changed your strikers might have affected this. Your passes completion?

Στάλθηκε από το ZTE Blade A460 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Do you have a lot of possession bonus?

My stats look like that when I play a better team but have max bonuses (a ton of friends watching).

It is not strange. It always happens. Possession is not equal to chance.

May be your opponent applying:
    15% attack bonus
    Long pass( or mix)
    Middle attack

The total shot number of your opponent more than you is a hint.

60% something possession is not guarantee win.
    Over 70% possession could win easily.

Nothing Strange. Stats of Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich. Atletico Madrid won by 1-0. Possession isn't everything
    Shots & posession-screenshot_2016-09-29-21-13-14-1.png
    Last edited by LegendaryForward; 09-29-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyaun View Post
    It is not strange. It always happens. Possession is not equal to chance.

May be your opponent applying:
    15% attack bonus
    Long pass( or mix)
    Middle attack

The total shot number of your opponent more than you is a hint.

60% something possession is not guarantee win.
    Over 70% possession could win easily.

My results cannot be explained. In 30 seasons I have never seen anything like this. I do not mean 1 match, many matches this season against clearly weaker teams i'll have 60-65% possession, much higher passes completed, all my bonuses at 8-10%, plus I'll be in attendance and my opponent not, and still get outshot. I have almost the exact same team that won CL last season and was 26-0-0 in league, and all my critical players are still there and still 6-7 stars.

Last season using the same lineup/orders, a typical game I'd hold about 65% possession (I have tons of friends that support me and almost always are +15%), and would average about 20 shots to opponent's 8. Against my main rivals it would be closer to equal, which is expected.

If it were just me I would perhaps be able to say: Ok I guess this team needs to be changed, or maybe I just don't have it this season, but when I also have friends who have won triples in the last season or 2 and have been playing 20+ seasons as well report the same thing, it really makes you feel something is wrong.
    Last edited by BridgeGoth; 09-29-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    it really makes you feel something is wrong.
    Everyone says wrong when they seem to mean "different." We see that real-world matches can have similar outcomes and statistics as these T11 simulations, which makes them more accurate than "wrong."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change." (mis-attributed paraphrase of Darwin)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    Everyone says wrong when they seem to mean "different." We see that real-world matches can have similar outcomes and statistics as these T11 simulations, which makes them more accurate than "wrong."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change." (mis-attributed paraphrase of Darwin)

Yes real world matches CAN, but in the long run you won't see teams with 65% possession being outshot and beaten by teams which are weaker on a consistent basis.
    Assuming Barcelona has all hands on deck, you think they'd be losing to bottom of the league teams and drawing teams not even in La Liga over and over? You think a team who is hopelessly outmatched and hold the ball only 30% of the time can out shoot them? Maybe once on a fluke, but repeatedly, sorry but no way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast