Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An open letter to Nordeus

An open letter to Nordeus

So the screwed up Cup system finally caught up with me too. I have been winning my league and champions league every season, but the cup has always eluded me. So this season I said to myself, let's blow some money for the first time and go for it. So I spent about $150 on scout players, training, you name it. My team mid-season is better than it has ever been at the end of a season. League and champions league have become piece of cake, borderline boring. That's how good my team is at my level.

Yesterday, I played the cup quarterfinals first leg and an hour before the match my opponent, who is 2 levels higher and was rated 4% higher, bought himself 3 8-star players. WTF??
    Ok, so I tell myself I can do this with a really good strategy and we finally end up 2-2 after the first leg. So today, while I am working on a strategy for the return match tomorrow, I am studying his team and the players and notice that he bought two more 8-star players today. Ok, this really sucks now. So he has a team of all 7 and 8-star players now. Considering that he is only ranked eighth in his league, I am probably going to lose to a very average manager simply because he has access to players that I cannot get.

I am beyond frustrated, but ok, lesson learned. I will not spend a single dime on this game anymore until the cup system is fixed. If even with spending money on tokens and maximum effort the odds are in favor of higher league teams, then it simply makes no sense and I will accept that the cup is a non-starter. Ultimately, I do not need to spend money to enjoy the game. Way to go Nordeus, you guys are super business people.

I have read quite a bit on this board and I know that you can manipulate your team with low star players at the end of each season in order to get an easier cup draw, but this just goes against my ethics. I would like to have a chance fair and square. I enjoy building my team and training them and seeing them progress.
    I have enough IT and programming background to know that this is not difficult to change. There have been numerous ideas floating around how to make the cup draw more fair. For some reason Nordeus does not seem to listen, so this customer here is answering by keeping his wallet shut from now on. I am sure there are plenty of others who feel the same and I can only imagine how much money Nordeus is foregoing this way.
    Steve285 and Albator1 like this.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Your opponent didn't just buy 8 star players, Sgdgolf.

You are seeing them as having 8 stars because of the difference of 2 levels between the two of you. That said I do get your frustration but this is simply the current design of the Cup competition.

That doesn't mean of course that the design can't be altered or changed completely. With the updates Top Eleven received this year alone it shows that the devs are reading player feedback and are working on improving the game as a whole.

Now whether or not the changes are easy or difficult to apply is something only the devs of Top Eleven will know for sure. Designing a game is not just about manipulating it's code. Every facet you change can leave ripples in the design philosophy of the game and inadvertently cause harm to how other systems operate. The game is one whole, it is a sum of it's parts and everything you nip and tuck will affect everything else around it. That's why designing and redesigning takes varying amounts of time.

I want to remind that with the latest update the number of clubs that can compete in a Cup competition group has been reduced to 64 Clubs down from 128. This was done with the intention of making the Matchmaker system have an easier time when grouping up Clubs and thus has significantly reduced the chance to end up in a Cup group where there is an outrageous level disparity.

Thats why in my 50th season I still only with the cup of ma signature basket that I won season 6. proud of it :')

But yea, I understand you... the cup maybe now thinking in a alternative option (apart from the options we know that are been suggested often...)... really, I think that the Cup can use the FA system facing stars vs stars.... I think is more easy to add the cup there than do one taking into account tha he market have these limits... so yea, Ive been mostly in +3-4 level cups and really, I understand that if we see the whole system is not easy to find a solution just doing a change of number of teams or so...

So, this... I think a "Real World Cup" and fair, can maybe be integrated in the FA's system, to allow face stars vs stars... and well, if can not be posible, even if is not the dfinitive solution, personally I think is not too bad the reduction that was done.... but now too my sensation is that the title design don't goes with it xD
    "a world Cup title" should be for 1 team between many teams... I would love to see in the future a limit of 50 levels, in what the top 128 eams play this world cup and then, we have a fair system of lets say, "Nordeus Cups" based in FA system, so we all managers can have chances in the 3 competitions every month.

...and here I finish ma desires as manager for now xD
    Last edited by khris; 10-28-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I have no complain for my Cup trophies but I agree that this is the most fair
    really, I think that the Cup can use the FA system facing stars vs stars..
    but ...
    as Jeeves saying
    Designing a game is not just about manipulating it's code. Every facet you change can leave ripples in the design philosophy of the game and inadvertently cause harm to how other systems operate.
    so what are you saying Khris although can be the solution, it may cause a serious problem because many people playing the game from their pc - the old version because simply they can't use the new version.
    You saw what happened this season with the new update.
    So this suggestion may cause a serious problem to a big population of T11 players.
    I think first the game/program must be more pc friendly and later can use this idea.

I have read quite a bit on this board and I know that you can manipulate your team with low star players at the end of each season in order to get an easier cup draw, but this just goes against my ethics.
    and this isn't
    So I spent about $150 on scout players
    ok ...
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

but ...
    as Jeeves saying

so what are you saying Khris although can be the solution, it may cause a serious problem because many people playing the game from their pc - the old version because simply they can't use the new version.
    So this suggestion may cause a serious problem to a big population of T11 players.
    I think first the game/program must be more pc friendly and later can use this idea.

and this isn't

ok ...
    An open letter to Nordeus-imageshackeline.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	imageshackeline.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	2.8 KB 
ID:	72744Click image for larger version. 

ID:	72744Click image for larger version. 

ID:	72744

There are options, this is the truth... how difficult are to implement? only admins know.... true that well, maybe I ask for too much adding cup in the FA's... creating a top server with a Special max level cup.... the own system make it difficult..... but options are there taking a look at the main target, that is, have a cup less manipulable and with less market disadvantage as we have now...... ......what about a dual system, with a server doing cups per level, and adapting the situation to reduce the arket disadvantadge, creating cups of 64 or 128 teams? so the server can balance cups doing some of 64 and some of 128 and adapt hese to put all teams of "same market level inside" or max. +1 level xD

Soon we will write a book of memories with all this xD

30 seasons here ..1 cup.... won in my second season ,i have no idea how to win the cup now even when i have a good team i could easily lose against weaker team or stronger in the cup ,it's an enigma or pure luck to be a cup winner .

Famous
    Ethics... It's against mine to spend $150 in a game. I can afford that, not my problem: so I would win every league and CL and those who can't pay, they just lose ?
    I have no problem with the cup system. Same with the other competitions. Sometimes I win, sometimes not.
    Barry Brinkhuijsen and Bunzo like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Ethics... It's against mine to spend $150 in a game. I can afford that, not my problem: so I would win every league and CL and those who can't pay, they just lose ?
    I have no problem with the cup system. Same with the other competitions. Sometimes I win, sometimes not.
    For those of you who did not get the meaning of my post. I thought I made it clear that this was a one-time event. I just wanted to see if it is possible to win the cup by spending money. After all, I am, sure Nordeus has a financial interest and is not doing all this because they have nothing better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post

but ...
    as Jeeves saying

and this isn't

ok ...
    We seem to have different ideas of what is ethical, but I am not surprised about that. My philosophy is to use the game as it is intended to be used. Manipulating your team to use a weakness in the code cannot possibly be the intention of the programmers. Maybe you see the difference now? And again, this was a one-time experiment.

Again, I just wanted to make a point that it is senseless to spend money in this game. I tried once and I know the result.
    I have no problem with this at all. Hey make me play against teams that are 10 levels higher than me. I can live with that, no problem.

It is Nordeus that has a problem, when players figure out there is absolutely no point in spending money on this game. But I guess they are ok with that, so all is good.
    Keep enjoying this free game, I know I certainly do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast