Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By July Fourth
  • 1 Post By FC Barcelona

Thread: For a non token buyer : Young player + PT or directly a scout?

For a non token buyer : Young player + PT or directly a scout?

Hi guys,

until now, i used my tokens to buy scouts, but is it more or less profitable to buy a young player (25T to turn into money to buy him, or something like 27~28T for a player from the academy) and invest in rest packs (here i'm lost, i really don't know how much) to PT him instead of directly buying a scout? Plus, i'm looking forward to see fmldotcom conclusion of his test about the academy (here : http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...prototype.html )

Thanks guys
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

Unless you can get hold of fast training 5* young 4/9 players for very little amounts of tokens on your servers, then the choice is obivously going to be 50T scout because you cannot afford to spend many tokens on getting the young player upto the scout standard and also add the SA.
    Yinhung likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Ok i get it, thanks July, always here for the good answer (about this, i sent you a PM)
    July Fourth likes this.

Addicted
    what league are you in? if you are in one of the lowest leagues (i.e. you are a newbie), then i'd just buy older players for cheap and little tokens for a while. You'll easily win your league with them (unless you end up in a league with a heavy token buyer who buys loads of scout players)

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    what league are you in? if you are in one of the lowest leagues (i.e. you are a newbie), then i'd just buy older players for cheap and little tokens for a while. You'll easily win your league with them (unless you end up in a league with a heavy token buyer who buys loads of scout players)
    Thats one of my biggest tips written in my guide, no need to sign any proper good players until you get to about L8-L10.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    I'm lvl 2 with 28.8 quality this was just for information, i already bought scouts because i have token buyers in my league I just wanted to know if young players and academy players were profitable or not

The young player you'll get for free is good for making some money by selling him within the season
    Playing with team: Oranje

That's what i do i always sell them

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FC Barcelona View Post
    I'm lvl 2 with 28.8 quality this was just for information, i already bought scouts because i have token buyers in my league I just wanted to know if young players and academy players were profitable or not
    Youve never bought tokens? many scouts u got? Did u upgrade your facilities or how did u mange to get tokens to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by FC Barcelona View Post
    Hi guys,

until now, i used my tokens to buy scouts, but is it more or less profitable to buy a young player (25T to turn into money to buy him, or something like 27~28T for a player from the academy) and invest in rest packs (here i'm lost, i really don't know how much) to PT him instead of directly buying a scout? Plus, i'm looking forward to see fmldotcom conclusion of his test about the academy (here : http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...prototype.html )

Thanks guys
    that is my case too and had same QSs too
    scouts problem is they are only good for one season or 2 at best .. unless you buy 2 green packs (extra 90 tokens - not even counting red ones , so real price is 100-150 tokens) top improve him which i find nonsense, as i can buy another scout and reinforce me team instead .
    i tried to work on 18yo 4* with big potential (bcz that is my stupid server give me all the time), and spend 2 greens Packs, to make him scout .. that is coming back again with 100-150 T to make him scout .. when i can just buy 2 scouts for that price .. crazy
    so both not working for me
    but recently bought 3 18yo/19yo with 5* in mid season, i gone to round 20-25 but get them double the price but still worth every penny
    they were 1-2 point short of scout, and what is good about them is they develop so fast and will keep developing fast over the years, unlike scouts players

so my advice is:
    * buy 2-4 scouts max every season, as only way to boost their skills gain is by getting MOM rewards, so you shouldn't have alot of them, next season they will be 5* and enough for rotation
    * buy as muchas you can 5* near scout , and pay high price for them, those are the best investment, as will take less packs to get into scout with no time, and will keep improving over 2-3 years unlike scouts
    * buy talented potential 4* if you couldn't have alot 5*, just for rotation
    * try to make your team as better or at least as good best side in CL and league, not worth investing more on greens when you it make more sense to buy younger players next season for same price and waste greens & tokens just to be so superior .. i hate be too superior than other teams , just slightly better is what i aim, as i want to win using my tactics , it is just more fun and thrilling this way for me
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)