Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By gogs67
  • 3 Post By RedsBleedRed
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 2 Post By RedsBleedRed

Thread: Tips on tanking

Rookie

Tips on tanking

OK, guys, thought I was experienced enough being at level 41 but need advice from other seasoned managers as I seem to be desperately failing at tanking.
    The team is above 100% but there is a bunch of managers in my league with 7* starting line-ups, so after a slow start I have decided to give it a break this season. Have bought several young fast trainers, busy developing their extra positions or SAs, giving them a run against stronger opposition. The win bonus in the league is reduced to zero. Not really bothering with the tactics for each specific match, though I do watch each game - green bags, you know. Still picking an average1.5 points from a game, regularly beating stronger teams with their managers in attendance and sitting too high in the table - around 6-7 place, just 9 points behind the current leader.
    Any tips on how not to fail at being a failure?

Be careful there has been examples of teams at the higher levels (40+) being promoted even though finishing 12th or more

Famous
    Play everything on hard or full so you get maximum suspensions and injuries, every player out of position obviously, usually just all down one side of the pitch, and over train constantly so you barely have enough players to put on the pitch. (3-0 to opponent if you don't)
    Bunzo and RedsBleedRed like this.

Rookie
    Damn it, I am hopeless Just played away against the second-placed team in the league. Went with an attacking formation, hard tackles, a bunch of second-string players thrown in, the works. Started out fine: got a bunch of my guys carded, conceded two goals from free kicks, trailing 0:2 at the break. But no, my morons had to go and score twice to draw the match.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. Will do my best to keep the top players suspended ) And yes, I have read here about teams being promoted from the bottom positions, so this season will turn out to be even more challenging than usual.
    CM-16, Bunzo and Steve285 like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    use "Wall" formation" and set your GK at F-K, C-K and penalties
    Tips on tanking-tanking-formation.jpg

If you win, please post
    Bunzo and Steve285 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Do like Khris. lol

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    use "Wall" formation" and set your GK at F-K, C-K and penalties
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tanking formation.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	75092

If you win, please post
    Looks awesome, thanx!
    This will have to wait for another 48 hours, though. I am playing the league leaders tomorrow and kinda want to either spoil the party or crash'n'burn in an honest battle
    Steve285 and HoofDaddy like this.