Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin
  • 1 Post By LeManiaque

Thread: What do stars do?

What do stars do?

Hi,

new player here. I have what is probably a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer to it. I know that as you gain levels the stars of your players go down, one per level you rise. I also know that the number of stars a player has is determined by his quality, so when you promote a level the amount of quality you need for stars goes up (i think 5 quality per level). I also know that quality is universal and not level dependent, so if someone has a skill at 70%, it is 70% regardless of what level they are at.

My question is, do stars have any bearing on how a player performs in a match or in training, or is it only a way of comparing players at any particular level? i.e. does the amount of stars a player has boost how they perform in a match or in training? Is it just a way of comparing players at any given level?

I also have a secondary question about levels. When you go up a level (promote) what benefits does it bring you beyond just being in a higher league?

Like I said, these questions are probably dumb, but thought I would ask anyway!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    stars is a vision of the quality of your players.
    The higher quality gives you more chances to perform better and win games and titles.
    Every season you promote, your (existing) players are 1* less for this new level.
    More info about stars here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...-level-up.html

When you go up a level (promote) what benefits does it bring you beyond just being in a higher league?
    it's the style of the game. Every new season you 're facing a new challenge, to build your team and win whatever is possible.

Yes, it's like starting from the beginning but it's like most of the games logic.
    Find a new weapon and armor or increasing your xp, but you 're facing more difficult opponents
    CM-16 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thanks, much appreciated. Just to make sure I have this right - when you go up a level all that changes is that the quality you need for each star goes up by 5. So, really your club and all in it stays the same, just you are facing better teams now in the higher league and that is represented by the higher requirement for each star.Is that right? There is no other effect of a level beyond that? No increased facilities you can buy? No new training drills? etc etc.

By the way, do you train faster if you are lower down on stars? if that were the case then when you rise a level your exisiting players would train slightly quicker. However, I don't think that is the case, but wanted to check.

I have no problem with the system, just trying to understand it.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Hey Iorwerth and welcome to Top Eleven forum!

Please check this article from Top Eleven support page, https://nordeus.helpshift.com/a/top-...e-a-star&p=web all you need is there.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Thanks. So i am taking from that that stars give no bonuses of any sort, have no effect on any game systems, and so levels give no bonus to anything at all. Stars just tell you how good the player is relative to your level, and level is just a way of measuring how far you have come. Apart from that they mean diddly squat?

Interesting. So, do people play to try and reach the highest level? If you start now, is that even possible, given how high the top level is? I am presuming the top level is 88, as i think it is season 88 now - how would you ever catch up to the teams there when you can only go up 1 level a season and half of those at the top are also gaining one level a season? Just trying to figure out what my long term goals should realisitically be if I got into this game seriously.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    "Stars just tell you how good the player is relative to your leve" exactly, nothing more or less but helps you to make an idea about how good you are for your level.

Regarding reaching the others, well is quite impossible to be honest, well not impossible but really hard, we are speaking of years of Top Eleven but the thing is that you don't need to be on the highest level to enjoy the game as long you won't have teams that are level 30-40 when you are level 1,2. You will only face opponents around your level, in general +1 or -1 but depends on more factors.

In time yes you would be able to get on the same level with them because the top level teams actually need few seasons to promote one level but still we are talking of many years, unless something don't change in meanwhile.
    Rafael1991 likes this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to educate me and answer my newbie questions.

Famous
    Hmm, these smart guys missed a bit of information that we know from Al's research (found in the Tutorials and Guides section of this forum).

Briefly:
    1) Younger players have a higher TEF than older players (training efficiency factor, the ratio of skill gained to condition lost). The exact rate and range is under investigation.

2) TEF decreases as stars increase. That is, the more stars, the more condition to achieve the next star.

3) More stars = marginally less condition loss for that player in a match.

#themoreyouknow
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Famous
    To add what I think is the real benefit of gaining a level:

When a player drops a star, the condition cost to gain it back is lowered (because of #2 above), this is beneficial to allow managers to increase particular skills at lower condition cost. So you can "rebalance" your characters. For example if your DC has very high tackling and marking, but you concede corner goals, you can focus on his heading, strength, or positioning at the beginning of the promoted season. It's one way you can get very high skills certain areas while decreasing others, if it fits your strategy.

I'll take Kenny over any evenly balanced 100% AMC. This can really only happen with age or huge token budget
    What do stars do?-screenshot_2017-01-19-16-57-58.jpg
    HoofDaddy likes this.