Thread: Individual training for 'speed' skill only

Individual training for 'speed' skill only

I want to train a player but I only want 'speed' only.
    Not working with drill 'sprint' or 'long run'. Give fitness.
    Can anyone give a better drill?
    I'm out of rest pack now.
    I only train him once.
    Or maybe those drill work but I only get 'fitness'.
    I have to do it again to get 'speed'.
    Maybe train him tomorrow after get free rest.

Quote Originally Posted by azwanonly View Post
    I want to train a player but I only want 'speed' only.
    Not working with drill 'sprint' or 'long run'. Give fitness.
    Can anyone give a better drill?
    I'm out of rest pack now.
    I only train him once.
    Or maybe those drill work but I only get 'fitness'.
    I have to do it again to get 'speed'.
    Maybe train him tomorrow after get free rest.
    The system works not like you think it works. If you want, you can post here a screenshot of the Skills tab of the player, and I will tell you the most efficient way to train any skill for him. I can't do it without knowing his grey and white skills.
    And also levels of your drills. Yeah.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    The system works not like you think it works. If you want, you can post here a screenshot of the Skills tab of the player, and I will tell you the most efficient way to train any skill for him. I can't do it without knowing his grey and white skills.
    And also levels of your drills. Yeah.

First of all, a little piece of theory.
    As you should know, in role-playing games when a character earn enough experience, he gains a new level. There's the same system in TE to train skills: you need to put certain amount of experience to a skill to get +1% to it. If you look at drill tooltip, you will see amount of eXperience Points (XP) that goes to a player from that drill. This XP divides equally between all the skills this drill trains. So there is no way to train only one skill.
    For example, Pass, Go & Shoot level 3 (+20% XP) gives a player 2 * 1.2 = 2.4 XP and train three skills (Passing, Shooting, Speed), therefore, each skill gets 2.4 / 3 = 0.8 XP. This is a simple case, if all the skills are white. If at least one of these skills is grey, it becomes more tricky: grey skill gets 25% less XP, and this XP goes to all the white skills from this drill.
    Let's go back to our example. If Shooting skill is grey, and you use PG&S, then Shooting gets 0.8 * 0.75 = 0.6 XP, and this extra 0.8 - 0.6 = 0.2 XP will go to Passing and Speed (each gets 0.1 XP). Final XP distribution will be: 0.9 XP to Passing, 0.6 XP to Shooting, 0.9 XP to Speed.
    You see what does that mean? If you have at least one grey skill in a drill, the white skills will get slightly more XP. But you will waste some XP on (nearly) useless grey skill.
    Are you still reading? =]

Ok, now let's have a look at your guy:

Individual training for 'speed' skill only-capture.jpg

Rows are drills, columns are skills, numbers in cells are eXperience Points (XP).
    I don't know your PG&S and Slalom Dribble levels, so I set them on 3 (+20% XP). Levels of Phys&Ment drills are set as shown on your screenshots. All the rest drills in this table are level 1.
    The CL column is Condition Loss. The last column is the efficiency of training Speed (I divide XP to Speed by CL). The more, the better.
    Carioca has a grey skill and a white one, that's why in this case this drill has the maximum efficiency. But in my training strategy I avoid grey skills no matter what, and I recommend you to do the same. Your guy doesn't need Aggression, so no Carioca for him, IMHO.
    The second-best drill is Long Run. If you need Speed, and only Speed, this is the best drill to train it: 50% of getting XP goes to Speed, the rest 50% -- to Fitness. If you need another skills as well, you should probably choose another drill. You will train Speed slower, but you'll train other useful skills too. You have to decide for yourself -- at this point my science ends.
    Needless to say, combining different drills will not increase efficiency of training Speed. It will not be more than 50% (unless you use Carioca and waste XP to useless Aggression). So do 6xLong Run a few times, and you will see Fitness and Speed grow up equally fast.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-28-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Ohh!
    It's working.
    Thank you so much.