Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Nordeus has changed game-engine so counterformations dont work?

Addicted

Nordeus has changed game-engine so counterformations dont work?

in the last two weeks I've lost using the 4-4-2 narrow diamond and the 4-5-1 V vs inferior teams using 4-4-2.
    Today I played a guy who used 4-3-3. He was of course not watching the game and in the beginning his MC gets injured badly. His team was also a lot worse than mine; his best player was 5 star less than my best.

I use 4-1-4-1 that usually works pretty well against the 4-3-3. But in this game he won with 5-0 and absolutely dominated the game in terms of chances, despite me having 55-60% possession. Simply amazing.

It seems obvious to me that Nordeus have tweaked the game-engine so that proven counter-formations dont work anymore. This is pretty bad imo and I dont really get why they felt the need to change something that was already working. Right now, it's just way too random.

4-4-2 did caused me problem recently .. so yeahh could be a match engine, although i don't think 4-4-2 narrow diamond or 4-5-1 V is counter .. i will go with flat 451
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Addicted
    people have been saying for ages that the 4-4-2 ND (aka 4-1-2-1 ND) is the mother of all counterformations to the 4-4-2 though

Try the 4-4-2 "wide" diamond istead of the 4-4-2 narrow diamond.... Also, the 4-5-1 V seems to be overrated
    shwanko07 and herdo like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

WTF .. lost again facing same stupid same team playing with 442.. am 37 avg and he is 27 .. he didn't even watch his games!! i tried many formations.. i got 65% possession and yet i lost home 1-3 .. exact copy of the first game !! WTF
    i played many game engines before but this one is by far the most stupid one, he score his chances and my players free to shoot many times and decided to shoot near post or into the crowd like 7-8 times !!
    leaving the stupid game, going back to FM
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    WTF .. lost again facing same stupid same team playing with 442.. am 37 avg and he is 27 .. he didn't even watch his games!! i tried many formations.. i got 65% possession and yet i lost home 1-3 .. exact copy of the first game !! WTF
    i played many game engines before but this one is by far the most stupid one, he score his chances and my players free to shoot many times and decided to shoot near post or into the crowd like 7-8 times !!
    leaving the stupid game, going back to FM

Give me some screen´s
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

i think i will get back that 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond

You're not supposed to use counter formations against much inferior teams. What's the point of countering a formation you can already beat without countering? As what someone said on here, you only counter a formation if you feel you cannot control the game. Mainly used against teams who are better or close in quality.

Tip of the day: If you are playing against a much inferior team, use your own formation. You'll get better results.
    Darth Sidious, takamigcd and BSH like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    You're not supposed to use counter formations against much inferior teams. What's the point of countering a formation you can already beat without countering? As what someone said on here, you only counter a formation if you feel you cannot control the game. Mainly used against teams who are better or close in quality.

Tip of the day: If you are playing against a much inferior team, use your own formation. You'll get better results.
    Very true, whats the point of countering a weaker team ?
    BSH likes this.
    Started 21/02/13
    Team: (Kashiwa Washi) (柏イーグル) (คะชิวะนกอินทรี) (柏市鹰)
    Current Season / Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Season 1 / Level 1
    league champion
    Season 2 / Level 2
    League champion Undefeated GA = 1
    Champions League Undefeated GA = 0
    Cup Champions

View The Mighty Washi Team Stats

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    in the last two weeks I've lost using the 4-4-2 narrow diamond and the 4-5-1 V vs inferior teams using 4-4-2.
    Today I played a guy who used 4-3-3. He was of course not watching the game and in the beginning his MC gets injured badly. His team was also a lot worse than mine; his best player was 5 star less than my best.

I use 4-1-4-1 that usually works pretty well against the 4-3-3. But in this game he won with 5-0 and absolutely dominated the game in terms of chances, despite me having 55-60% possession. Simply amazing.

It seems obvious to me that Nordeus have tweaked the game-engine so that proven counter-formations dont work anymore. This is pretty bad imo and I dont really get why they felt the need to change something that was already working. Right now, it's just way too random.
    2 things you should keep in mind.
    1)Don't depend on the counter formation threads so much. most of them are a few months old. nordeus is changing the game engine constantly.
    2) many of these advices are crap. why narrow diamond is so good against 4-4-2? of course you have the advantage of the amc and the 2 strikers against only 2 dc but if the opponent focus playing through the flanks with red arrows to his wingers then you also have a problem. why 4-5-1 v is good against 4-4-2? your aml/amr are blocked from his dr/dl and your lonely striker is between 2 dc. whats the purpose to use dmc against 4-4-2?
    dv8r is absolutely right. put your best 11 in if you are much better.
    the answer to your question about the game engine is that they havent change it yet. but they are going to as they do every season for the last week. that period are happening crazy results. i guess they must have a button ''random results'' which they press to the maximum in order to give some spice to the game.
    Last edited by gkassimis; 03-26-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    fmldotcom likes this.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast