Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: Season 89 Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    <Good luck Gert K

Attachment 78103
    you can do it gert😆
    Gert Funck, nash123 and axd23 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    I used 10%+ lower GK in cup game and he was rated a nice 8 While at the first leg my "main" GK was rated 5.7 or something....
    That was about the difference in quality between my 2 GK's at that point.

For me the turning point was a defeat in the League following a poor performance by him in the second leg of Cup's Round of 32.

Their stats to further prove my point (incl. Association matches)
    Radyukevich: 20 matches played - conceded 17 goals. Average rating of 6.99 this season, 0 times MotM.
    Zboncak: 19 matches played - conceded 9 goals. Average rating of 7.4 this season, 1 time MotM.

I believe it's a combination of both quality and form, but form is the most indicative thing about who you should pick to start from my experience this season.
    I also don't think that a 10% difference in quality makes a lot of difference anyway. I will always pick the better performer.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Pro
    As long as we do not get any information or confirmation about form or quality it is impossible to say which goalkeeper to keep. Or if the results are fixed which I sometimes get the feeling then it is even more impossible to foretell which goalie will do well.

For instance if it is fixed that you will win the first 4 games and loose the next 4 games and you use the GK in the first 5 matches then he will score great numbers but in the fifth game a 5 or something. So you switch him out and what do you know the next GK will score 3 5's in a row and you will think he is very bad. Actually he isn't bad but he had just the bad luck to be active in your bad games. I really really want more info or I can't take the game seriously anymore. There is no control, no comprehension of the game, no way to plan strategy because of the little info we get.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

For me it was a sign given by the game to change my starting GK.

I can't explain it otherwise how could a GK who is solid for 4 seasons in a row is suddenly not motivated and performs poorly.

It's not 5 games, it's nearly 20 now that my other GK is almost constantly in good form. I'm using the same formation, same instructions, same players, same everything. That's why a season nearly going south early on, eventually turned to a pretty good one. I'm 8 points ahead in the most requiring league I've ever had and I'm almost through to the semi-final of the CL after a 3-5 away victory.

That's my take whatsoever.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Desert Rats FC played an away League match against 7th place, and had both of yesterday's signings making their full debuts. Central midfielder Makhtar Hassan made an immediate impact, netting the first goal in the 9th minute, and striker Jhon Micolta left it to late on in an impressive debut to make his contribution, the last goal with eight minutes to play. In between it was the usual suspects, right-winger Patrick Tillmanns, Filip Andersson - a frequent scorer last season but finally getting on the end of one for the first time this season - and Garry Crawford helping the scoreboard tick along. Final score 5-0 to Desert Rats, and with the second-place team drawing away at 5th place, they stretch their lead at the top to 4 points.
    Last edited by talisman; 02-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    axd23 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Regarding Goalkeeper form, I think it has to do with the number of goals they concede and how many saves they have versus the number of opposition shots on target, and the rating in one match is no indication of how they are going to perform in the following match.

I'd already started the following comparison, as it is the first time I've had similar quality 'keepers - usually I have a high-Q one for general use and a lower-Q one for occasional appearances and injury cover.

Here are the two 'keepers concerned - Carroll was ahead in Quality 93%-91% at the start of the season.

Season 89 Are you ready?-dr-gk-comparison.jpg

From a little bit of experimentation last season, McKibben (bought off the regular Transfer Market) is better in League matches and Carroll (bought from the Scout list) in CL and Cup matches, but I will swap them occasionally (sometimes unintentionally).

This season's performances - the higher number of saves vs opposition shots, the better the rating. If they concede then the rating goes down (usually by about a point a goal conceded).

Season 89 Are you ready?-dr-gk-compare.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 02-24-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    axd23 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

And we are in the Cup finals..... interesting isn't it?
    Hopefully we win all.

Special thanks to Nik, Pavlos, Gabez, Leon etc...
    talisman, axd23 and Gert Funck like this.

Two man show, but assists are more important than goals when choosing MoM

Season 89 Are you ready?-1.jpg
    Season 89 Are you ready?-2.jpg

Hmm...

Season 89 Are you ready?-am.jpg
    Last edited by k1tb; 02-24-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    talisman likes this.

Still within reach after 2 consecutive draws by league leaders

the 2goals was conceded in the only game I lost.
    Last edited by Awe Imoleayo Peter; 02-24-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    talisman likes this.

Great win at league today.

And... what a sub.
    Season 89 Are you ready?-sub.jpg
    Gert Funck and talisman like this.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x