Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Gobobo
  • 1 Post By Bunzo
  • 1 Post By Altiplano
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: How Long to Gain Special Abilities?

How Long to Gain Special Abilities?

Specifically, does this change if a player has a higher overall ability?

As I see it, going from 100-120% is easier than from 120% to 140%. So is training a player to gain a Special Ability easier if his overall ability is from 100-120%, than if it's from 120% to 140%?

I'm asking as I bought an 18-year old who can play as a striker, AML and AMR. I have two great strikers but they're both 25-years old, so will probably quickly lose too much fitness next season. One striker is the second least fit player in my squad, but has the highest attacking skills in the squad, maybe I should rename him Ronaldo, lol.

Anyway, I power trained the new lad yesterday, and he added a seventh star...

Wait, what? I didn't see when the fifth was added! I was hoping he's be a useful sub when the two oldies get injured but now he's in the first team.

So as he's almost got it all I thought I'd train him with One-on-One special ability, and that took absolutely ages. It needed three training rounds, losing between 11 and 16% condition each round, to gain one of the fifty counters for the SA. It's been a while since I trained a SA but I don't remember it taking so long, is it because his overall ability is 127%?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    [...] is it because his overall ability is 127%?
    Yes - the stronger the player the slower he does gain any skill points (which are needed as well for training a special ability).

I only train my players new positions or special abilities when they do have less than 100%.

If one young player does very well in the course of a season I do wait till the next one so he will lose again 20% of his strength and therefore he can train faster.

Ah, thanks Niddhoeggr. That's good to know in the future, although I wouldn't have chosen a SA at under 100%. I guess I should just wait until the next season, good tip.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

It will take about 10 minutes with the correct training
    Altiplano likes this.

Famous
    Is it not 15% slower for every star and/or every year of age?
    So a 19 year old will train 15% slower than an 18 year old if for example they both play the same position, get the same drills and are training up from (for example) 80-100%. Likewise the same 19 year old training from 100-120% will train 15% slower than another 19 year old (same position, same drills) going from 80-100%.?
    That's how I understand the process to work. Right or wrong? Go!
    Bunzo likes this.

Dreamer
    I thought its only after 21 get slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangihutan Manik View Post
    I thought its only after 21 get slower.
    Me too.

Famous
    Ok. I've just been rereading the thread by the God that was Al Svanberg, and it seems that I'm wrong in thinking that there is a decrease in training ability before 22 years of age.
    I stand corrected.
    However, if a few thousand Top Eleven players would like to contribute, say, 5 euros a month into my personal bank account I'll spend some of it to work full time to find out exactly how training and player development works!!! Honest. I would. I'd post my findings in the forum and the holiday photos in Facebook.
    Ha. Ha.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    It's all written in my guide for fast trainers so I don't give anything - lol
    Altiplano and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Eso es correcto mi amigo, yo pienso exactamente lo mismo.