Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: when should stop bidding ?

when should stop bidding ?

Let's say you are in a new season and need 6 new players,and you have 100 Tokens ,when should you stop the bidding war at 6 tokens ,when at 11 or when at 25 , did you ever went over 40 coins and lost ? i did last season ,

Tell me how you do it guys .

Note: Sometimes it's easy and i get all the six with less than 25 tokens , sometimes, one of six costs me 30 tokens or more ,so i just want to know what do you do when the bidding war is tough and you need the player .

avoid bidding war if you really need a good player at the beginning of the season look at your higher lvl friends they have sometimes youngsters around 95%(for your manager-lvl)

so you bid cost you probally 15 tokens 3 for you friend and 12 for nordeus (most friends do accept it for normal players without speciality)

if you directely no need for players wait after the mid season (day 18) then you can get them around 4 or 5 tokens if you are lucky just 1

This way i play it

I better give my friends 3 tokens then losing 15 tokens in bidding war and no player at the beginning of the season

35T player

Rookie
    I lost 81 tokens on a player last season. I pulled out because it was getting silly. There was no way we could get our money bk on this player as it was already over 5 times what the player was worth. I dont know how far it would have gone but that was nearly half my tokens that season gone on a player i didnt end up getting. I recommend setting limits such as 25 tokens per player, amy higher then pull out. But set your own limits to how much resources you have

Famous
    I try hard to avoid wasting tokens in auctions. Nothing - not the goals per match, not the skills, not age, not ratings, nor total matches played- will give you any idea of how that player will play for you. If you spend 80 tokens, is probably emotionally harder to admit he is mediocre and drop him.

I feel much better off being willing buy low, try for a few subs/ matches, and decide to invest greens, sell, or just bench.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

I always assess the player before bidding - and then put an upper limit on my bidding for that player. A player near getting his next star will get a limit of 8-10T, and a middling player 4 or 5. Any more than those numbers risk paying way over the Market Value for the player, depending on how much competition there is for him.
    ElPocho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Destroyers View Post
    I lost 81 tokens on a player last season. I pulled out because it was getting silly. There was no way we could get our money bk on this player as it was already over 5 times what the player was worth. I dont know how far it would have gone but that was nearly half my tokens that season gone on a player i didnt end up getting. I recommend setting limits such as 25 tokens per player, amy higher then pull out. But set your own limits to how much resources you have
    ouch 81 tokens, that's crazy,in my case when i exceed 40 i start to think that i need quit he can't be worth it all of that .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    avoid bidding war if you really need a good player at the beginning of the season look at your higher lvl friends they have sometimes youngsters around 95%(for your manager-lvl)

so you bid cost you probally 15 tokens 3 for you friend and 12 for nordeus (most friends do accept it for normal players without speciality)

if you directely no need for players wait after the mid season (day 18) then you can get them around 4 or 5 tokens if you are lucky just 1

This way i play it

I better give my friends 3 tokens then losing 15 tokens in bidding war and no player at the beginning of the season

35T player
    i deleted all friends since all of them support my "opponents" in my matches which is weird !!! i have thought my associations friends but i'm playing in higher level than all of them

Wawu. Just realizing the boatload of tokens you guys spend acquiring players. That's a lot of tokens wasted. For me, any way [ I've never spent a $ on the game, neither do I farm resources.]

I've signed 14 players this season, about 10 of them with only 1 token. No ****. That's 10 tokens spent acquiring 10 players. Wtf? How? By several methods. Some of them include:

1. Signing very specific kind of players other managers are likely to ignore e.g players above 30yo. Or players who may be considered undesirable by other managers for their most comfortable position. Example? My current starting LB's most comfortable position is DML. He's quite comfortable at DL tho.

2. For the lower levels where manages may be strapped for funds, by going after very expensive players. Other managers may be unwilling to spend as much as you can on the most expensive players on 99%.

3. Waiting out the rush of the first days of the season when several managers have wasted their tokens and can no longer engage in long bidding wars.

4. Being picky with auctions and avoiding very desirable players. Most of the time, I don't bother bidding if a player already has 3 managers looking to sign them 40 minutes to the end of the auction. That player is far too desirable to everyone. But sometimes, I bid, because, Cc: 5 below.

5. Watching for patterns and managers who have made bids for several players very early. Usually means they are unavailable and aren't watching. They're counting on luck to win them at least one auction. I usually arrive to steal those players from them in the last second.
    Last edited by Temidayo_; 02-08-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    RedManc7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post
    i deleted all friends since all of them support my "opponents" in my matches which is weird !!! i have thought my associations friends but i'm playing in higher level than all of them
    LOL. I've had this experience as well. Was jarring. Then I did it to someone else who lost a game and unfriended me. I thought it was some kinda T11 inside joke. Like, ya think ya badass, yeah? Let's support your opponent and see how well you do. Turns out, maybe it's not.
    ElPocho likes this.

ive never had more than 40 tokens ever
    dont bother with bidding wars usually
    v few players are that rare if u look often enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast