View Poll Results: is it offside or not ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offside

12 92.31%
  • Not Offside

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Offside or not ? #2nd edition

Offside or not ? #2nd edition

Before you see case for 2nd edition please look at 1st edition if you not seen it yet.

Offside or not ? #1st edition https://goo.gl/AWouqO

Zoom out preview
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022030.jpg
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022519.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Zoom in preview

Before passing
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022151.jpg

Offside!
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022258.jpg

After passing
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022557.jpg

Player receive the ball
    Offside or not ? #2nd edition-20170213_022648.jpg

Offside - two players need to be between last attacker and goal - usually one of them is the 'keeper, but it looks like the defending custodian has gone walkabout...

From The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team

A player is in an offside position if:

any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
    any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
    The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

second-last opponent or
    last two opponents

Note the rules refer to the 'second-last opponent'...
    axd23 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

The rule says that a player must be covered by two players (one of them is always the goalkeeper).
    In this case the keeper is out of his post and the player receiving the ball is covered by only one defender.

What I don't understand is how stupid the AI is and your player decided to pass instead of shooting in the empty post and scoring an easy goal. The same goes for clear one to one chances where the attacker goes straight into the keeper and loses the opportunity to score.
    Nagu47 likes this.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Quote Originally Posted by axd23 View Post
    The rule says that a player must be covered by two players (one of them is always the goalkeeper).
    In this case the keeper is out of his post and the player receiving the ball is covered by only one defender.
    The rule says two players - if there was another defender (not the goalkeeper) covering the goal as well as the black no.2 then white no.2 would not have been offside.

Agreed the AI is cr*p sometimes...
    Last edited by talisman; 02-12-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    axd23 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    yeah, i guess the receiving player needs to be level with the ball, not the player who passes the ball.

i do love how the goalkeepers do these offside traps in this game. they regularly run to the penalty spot to play someone offside.

I was talking about normal cases of off-side Talisman., thus the "always the goalkeeper". I didn't phrase it correctly but I meant to say the exact same thing you pointed out.
    talisman likes this.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    That's why I love the suggestion of Van Basten
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Offside - two players need to be between last attacker and goal - usually one of them is the 'keeper, but it looks like the defending custodian has gone walkabout...

From The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team

A player is in an offside position if:

any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
    any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
    The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

second-last opponent or
    last two opponents

Note the rules refer to the 'second-last opponent'...
    Wow I never knew that. I thought offside is about the last non-goalkeeper opponent.
    Season 71, Level 61

The offside system is ridiculous and need better coding ,a lot better

Rookie
    Offise two times!
    That's the law of football

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast