Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Nordeus and managers

Apprentice
    Tankers generally shouldnt be a problem because they will deliberately lose to you.I never find them a problem in league, except for when one of them decided not to tank anymore.

Dreamer
    The problem is not the season in which the tankers lose....the problem is the next season when they are starting with a significantly stronger team due to being at same level for multiple seasons.
    If it were possible to have an algorithm detecting tanking teams, it would be awesome if all such teams were placed in same league and cup competitions(no champs league since they tanked last season )
    This would make the competition fair to the newly promoted teams.

Dreamer
    Just make it so at a certain quality average (say 100%) for your top 11 players, you're required to promote, or if you want to be a bit more generous, make it so you can fail to promote 1 season, but not twice at a row if you meet that quality.

Famous
    i'm a tanker so I don't have a problem with the concept, however its about to get abused heavily.

Miss promotion, win SL or CL, quality for next seasons CL; albedt a +1 level one it seems. Watch this become a major problem w/ former loan exploiters tanking to remain at high quality for association, while winning several consecutive CL crowns which helps w/ balancing the budget. Why promote if can win SL or CL to qualify, and face easier opponents?

120-130% is a good number for auto promote I think. But if I see another 180% team tanking in associations, like this past weekend, i'm going to scream!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 02-20-2017 at 01:25 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

Rookie
    I've never done it and never felt I should, yet, so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Purposely trying to lose goes against the spirit of the game (or any game in general) and I find tanking to win against weaker non-token-buyers the next season a kinda lame and abusive way of playing. Moreover, what pride or fun can you get out of this?

And Nordeus should also allow pausing a team for a season if you want a break. Team doesn't play, players don't age. Just freeze. I'd welcome this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Isn't it illegal?

I also don't understand why would they die in two years. Get promoted, try to stay there, get demoted back if fails. The chain of defeats scares off sponsors? Players get depress?
    Illegal ? It is very difficult to prove someone lost on purpose: tanking in real football is a bit more subtle than the way we do it in the game. On top of that, it's less a matter of losing on purpose than not doing whatever you can to win: bench your best players, not giving win bonuses, etc...
    We had several exemples of teams in fire in the recent seasons who got promoted 3 or 4 times in a row. At a certain level, it's Murphy's law, you hit your level of incompetence. The problem is that at top level, you do so with huge salaries to pay and do not have what it requires to do so (too small city, weak local economy, star players less committed that the ones who got you there, etc...). And when come the hard times, everything collapses.
    That's why some prefer to play at a level that suits them. We also once had a team who declined promotion.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 02-22-2017 at 11:16 AM.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by lucker88 View Post
    As soon as I read your very first words, I know for sure you are a tanker! How do you know tanking is not boring for others but only you? In normal sense it is totally a boring thing to do for most of us. While you are willing to do it, many are forced to do it since without doing that they cant compete with tankers. Whatever you are saying, tankers are destroying this game!
    Very smart: you knew for sure I was a tanker because I just wrote it !
    I was already a coward because I play wisely in order to win the cup.
    Now, I am simply destroying the game.
    Wow: please make room for me: here I come Lucifer !
    Your problem might be that you have found people better than you at this game and you cannot cope with that.
    Cloverfield and ibangali like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Very smart: you knew for sure I was a tanker because I just wrote it !
    I was already a coward because I play wisely in order to win the cup.
    Now, I am simply destroying the game.
    Wow: please make room for me: here I come Lucifer !
    Your problem might be that you have found people better than you at this game and you cannot cope with that.
    Simple truth: everyone can do tanking!!! It is nothing difficult at all, not any kind of skill!!! It is just a very very boring practice and an abusive style of playing.

So you think i find tankers are better players than me? Ridiculous!!! I have finished every season with treble since i started playing this game. I just dont want tankers take integrity and interesting aspects out of this game by their boring and abusive practice!!!

Anyways, bye a tanker, please do not quote me anymore and just happy doing your tanking!!!
    Last edited by lucker88; 02-20-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Famous
    Wow, a treble on first season is a great achievement! I found my master!
    Tankers are bad, Mythomaniacs are worse.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 02-20-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Bog Igre likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lucker88 View Post
    Simple truth: everyone can do tanking!!! It is nothing difficult at all, not any kind of skill!!! It is just a very very boring practice and an abusive style of playing.

So you think i find tankers are better players than me? Ridiculous!!! I have finished every season with treble since i started playing this game. I just dont want tankers take integrity and interesting aspects out of this game by their boring and abusive practice!!!

Anyways, bye a tanker, please do not quote me anymore and just happy doing your tanking!!!
    No pict = HOAX

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast