Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My best players randomly tank important games. How does the system work?

Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    What about this 1,should I improve his grey skills to score more goals?Attachment 78148
    And BANG! Here is the Legend! Picture says more than words could ever do
    gamer5289 likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC View Post
    Is your striker a bubble boy? That incredibly low aggression and fitness could be preventing him from getting on the ball. He may be able to dribble and finish but if he is mincing around the box afraid to get the ball it may be your problem.

Cobh, he is an out and out striker, for which aggression and fitness are listed as unimportant skills. My understanding is that aggression is a purely defensive physical stat, and fitness is more required of wingers than strikers. Did you find some info somewhere that suggests otherwise?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by k1tb View Post
    And BANG! Here is the Legend! Picture says more than words could ever do
    If his striker was a car

My best players randomly tank important games. How does the system work?-img.jpg

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Lam View Post
    Cobh, he is an out and out striker, for which aggression and fitness are listed as unimportant skills. My understanding is that aggression is a purely defensive physical stat, and fitness is more required of wingers than strikers. Did you find some info somewhere that suggests otherwise?
    I dont have anything definitive but I have found that I get more productivity out my striker when using the condition bonus with counter attacking football. He seems to muscle into space behind the defence more. Of course the visual cues dont really mean anything as its not an actual depiction of play but i dont get the same visuals when I dont use the conditioning bonus (Which you know boosts the fitness)

You can also try to change position where he is playing. There are 3 ST slots. Try to put him left and right also, not in the center. I have read, that sometimes changing striker position made him score...but I'm not sure.
    But yet, you have nothing to lose

When your Players are in bad Form and can't score from attacks,then it's time to count on freekick and corners,make sure to have the right players for that

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC View Post
    If his striker was a car

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	78150
    ....say what?! lol
    My best players randomly tank important games. How does the system work?-img_0019.jpg

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    My ST played for a 5.x rating, next match was back to form with MoM and a hat trick. Happens to everyone, no explanation available...
    Right! You can't just expect your boy to shine every match.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lucker88 View Post
    Right! You can't just expect your boy to shine every match.
    Yes but the problem is it isn't just one match. It's multiple matches in the same time period. In the case of one opponent, It's EVERY match i play against him.

We have the same starting 11 quality but every time his team scores in the 7-9's and my team scores in the 5-7's. He doesn't even ATTEND the matches and it's the same result. EVERY. TIME. He plays a 4-3w-1-2 and I keep trying different things against him.

I've now tried two strikers. one striker with a winger. Two strikers with a winger. Long passes. Short Passes. Hard defending with counters. Normal stance. Attacking. Normal tackling. Hard Tackling. It doesn't matter. It's a **** result every time.

The irrational part of me wants to scream that the game is rigged. The calm side of me wants to figure out how to deal with this but there don't seem to be any solid answers.

The only thing left i have to try is to take my dedicated striker and put him on the wing (but then who do i play as striker?). Try anything right?
    Last edited by Stephen Lam; 02-25-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12