Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Lower level vs higher level - How to survive?

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    265

    Lower level vs higher level - How to survive?

    Last season i was at 120%Q level 32.
    Aynone with similar quality will know how much commitments it takes to have that quality.

    This season start level 33, my quality drops to 100%Q and cup draw showed all opponents are also 100-108%. But "problem" is
    90% of them are level 34.

    Yesterday away first leg i won, 100% vs 101%

    Today i lost at home, its 101% vs 109%

    Which means that within a period of 24 hours that guy bought a few players in his auction (probably 95%Q players).Which translate to 115%Q in my level.Easy peasy, perhaps less than 20 tokens altogether.

    So what a lower level team such as me suppose to do?

    1. Recommended players nowhere to be seen yesterday and they are always AML/ST

    2. To up my quality to 110% yesterday, i will need to buy 5-6 players scout list players, required 250-300 tokens at age of 22yrs so you can bet they aren't usable after 1 season.

    3. Green ads are getting less and not enough to upgrade all players by 5-10% unless all are young players.

    Any suggestions? Anyone having same problem with me?


    This is about higher level opponents gaining upper hand/easy in dealing with their players quality and makes me feel stupid if spending money.

    If the guy who beat me is same level, i would have accepted it due to him putting much more effort than me and i would have liked to match that challenge.
    Last edited by woopypooky; 04-03-2017 at 04:42 AM.
    Gabez Teh, Bunzo, madflo19 and 2 others like this.

  2. #2
    Famous
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,043
    And you are lucky... check my "fortune"... -> LOWER level 140% from my POV!
    24 triples, quit at level 50
    Hungarian manager, ENFP-T yay

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    111
    Most of players +1 level are not as good as you are. So you will survive.
    It's harder for you to win all competitions, but at the end, you will see it's not hard as you thought.

    PS: I'm surprise that you haven't faced this problem until level 33.
    Houzz likes this.

  4. #4
    Famous
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by 112000 View Post
    Most of players +1 level are not as good as you are. So you will survive.
    It's harder for you to win all competitions, but at the end, you will see it's not hard as you thought.

    PS: I'm surprise that you haven't faced this problem until level 33.
    MOST. That's the word. Most.
    Last season I was knocked out of CL by +1 level team in the last 16. He went on to win the trophy.
    I added him as a friend after he'd beaten me. He's active, he supports, he's a level above so useful to see what players he has for negotiations.
    I will face him again if I get through my cup 2nd leg tonight. And he's done more wheeling and dealing in the transfer market during the last 24 hours than the Trotter Brothers in a year!
    He has an 18 year old MC at 114%!!!
    It's not possible to compete against SOME active managers a level above you when they are truly playing.
    And it only takes you to cross paths with 1 of them.
    woopypooky, madflo19 and nash123 like this.

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    It's not possible to compete against SOME active managers a level above you when they are truly playing.
    And it only takes you to cross paths with 1 of them.
    That is what I meant. For the past 4-5 seasons I been having the same problem. Half of them lot are active. (How can a team at level 33 with 85% starting quality not be active?).But I didnt create thread because this is first time I got dunked out in first round. I been spending tokens and watching ads until now I realise how stupid I was.
    This is the laziness or limitation of the game engine. They just lump all same quality 100 % together regardless of level and didnt realise that level 32 going from 100% to 120% compared to level 33 going from 80% to 100% aren't the same thing/effort.

    What they should be doing is level 32 at 100% drawn with level 33 at 90/95%. At least make the lower level a bit of 5% headstart. Because lower level teams need time to train players and buy scouts.

    But no, the higher level club gets better headstart as some are 108% on the first day.
    Last edited by woopypooky; 04-03-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Altiplano likes this.

  6. #6
    Famous
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,443
    I'm at 108% first day! But the guy sitting in the 2nd round waiting for me is already @ 116%.
    Ok, so I shouldn't be facing weaker teams a level below me.
    But to have to meet strong teams a level above so early!!!????
    Come on.
    woopypooky likes this.

  7. #7
    Famous HairDryer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,706
    Really i can understand your frustration bt again its not abt different in team quality, its the player. you can hv 6* player with 7 or 8* quality in attack or defend if you train and keep them in your team for few season unless you keep changing every season buying.
    If you look in the forum theres a lot of upset and troll result last season due to the engine trying to balance the game hence favor the weaker team.(thats what i think i can be wrong)
    If low Q vs high Q its unfair. If low Q beat high Q its a troll. You just cant please everyone. pls dont get angry with my post.✌

  8. #8
    Apprentice Matteo de Clemente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by woopypooky View Post
    Last season i was at 120%Q level 32.
    Aynone with similar quality will know how much commitments it takes to have that quality.

    This season start level 33, my quality drops to 100%Q and cup draw showed all opponents are also 100-108%. But "problem" is
    90% of them are level 34.

    Yesterday away first leg i won, 100% vs 101%

    Today i lost at home, its 101% vs 109%

    Which means that within a period of 24 hours that guy bought a few players in his auction (probably 95%Q players).Which translate to 115%Q in my level.Easy peasy, perhaps less than 20 tokens altogether.

    So what a lower level team such as me suppose to do?

    1. Recommended players nowhere to be seen yesterday and they are always AML/ST

    2. To up my quality to 110% yesterday, i will need to buy 5-6 players scout list players, required 250-300 tokens at age of 22yrs so you can bet they aren't usable after 1 season.

    3. Green ads are getting less and not enough to upgrade all players by 5-10% unless all are young players.

    Any suggestions? Anyone having same problem with me?


    This is about higher level opponents gaining upper hand/easy in dealing with their players quality and makes me feel stupid if spending money.

    If the guy who beat me is same level, i would have accepted it due to him putting much more effort than me and i would have liked to match that challenge.
    Hi,

    I'm level 32 this season, starting from level 19 ,common rule is that league winners are dispatched into +1 level Ch league the next season.
    Since i have been winning leagues for at least 9 seasons in a row, +1 level ch leagues are a custom situation to me.

    I won at least 6 or 7 higher level ch leagues in last 10 seasons.

    At start season,most of higher level teams appear as your same quality,of course ,during the competition,you enforce with 5,6 and 7 stars players,
    while he enforces with 6,7,and 8 stars players under your level point of view,and this is a sure disvantage for you to complete competition.

    But remember that it's also important how you train your team and he trains his one.

    Some seasons ago I took part to +2 level Cup and I won 2 or 3 of them,also facing strong opponents ,now Cup are only +1 level.

    So you may loose vs too high opponents,but also win if your strategy is good for your team,regardless from opponents.
    Infact, if your strategy has issues vs a certain type of opponent strategy ( conditon,or skill in roles of some players,
    for example, a dmc or a ST recidive to red cards), you may loose also vs a standard team in your same level.

    When i did not win my league,I went to a normal Ch league,but all teams hostical for me (that were my same level) were in that competitions,
    so I was constantly sent out.

    That's why i want to win league every season,so a higher ch league gives my team lot of advantages (expecially if I win) and fewer regrets if I fail
    Last edited by Matteo de Clemente; 04-03-2017 at 02:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Dreamer ElPocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    on the beach
    Posts
    351
    i'll keep it simple,your first squad must be 5 stars or more even if the other team is stronger,choose a defensive formation,play defense ,mix everything and use counters,that will do it , not 100% of the times but i had success playing like that vs stronger teams .

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    265
    Having been 5 star quality to 6 and 7 star quality over the course of 30 seasons I can say the journey is different.

    If my starting quality is 80% and win the league, I will meet 40% or 65% quality in higher level opponents which is a walk in park. We all know 60% quality teams are mismanaged, semi- active, low training bonus, imbalance squad. Mixture of 3 to 5 stars players. Hit and run in auction types.

    But when my starting quality is 100%, I get to meet 80-85% quality of higher level which is different beasts, no doubt active players , association players and majority of them reach 100% quality in their level or more towards end of season.

    Not to mention it require 2x amount of rest pack to up players 6 star to 7 star compared from 5 star to 6 star.

    Hence, is what I deemed as the unfairness.
    Last edited by woopypooky; 04-04-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast