Thread: Speed of training - does it still depend on the market value?

vad
    Apprentice

Speed of training - does it still depend on the market value?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but until recently the main, if not the only reason why different players had different dollar value, was their ability to train faster, i.e. to gain more increase in experience for the same amount of condition drop.

But it looks to me like it's no longer the case. I have one striker who is 22 y.o, value=$66K; and I just purchased another, 18 y.o., value=$97K, I subjected them both, one by one, to the same training set, and both of them got the same 23 increase in experience; the drop in condition is somewhat difficult to measure exactly because on the same training schedule it varied from 13 to 19, but it looks it varied for both of them about the same.

I wonder if anybody else noticed, and if I'm right,does it mean that the age and value are no longer important?

Rookie
    Your 22 may be a fast trainer, and your 18 may be a slow trainer, so despite difference in age (and most notably difference in age buckets, i.e. 18 - 21 vs 22-23) they have similar training efficiency.

When buying players, I focus on 18-19 yo with > 80%. Upon purchase, I subject a player to training, typically around 150% condition loss, and divide the % skills by condition loss, which yields player's Training Efficiency Factor (TEF) - this has been discussed at length here. My numbers vary a bit compared to AI but it's also important to take into account training level.

At my current level I find TEF for 5* 18-21 year old above 25% as good (after level 3 training drills).

I do reckon age is a very significant factor, however have not paid that much attention to market value - perhaps I should ...?

vad
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsilvy View Post
    Your 22 may be a fast trainer, and your 18 may be a slow trainer
    This is what until recently have been reflected in the cost. From two players of the same age and skills but different cost, you could expect much faster progress of the more expensive player, and this is basically what you paid for. As the player becomes older, the speed of his training progress slows down, and accordingly his cost decreases.

In my case,new player has lower skills than the older one, so if not for the speed of training, why would he cost more?

Quote Originally Posted by vad View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but until recently the main, if not the only reason why different players had different dollar value, was their ability to train faster, i.e. to gain more increase in experience for the same amount of condition drop.

But it looks to me like it's no longer the case. I have one striker who is 22 y.o, value=$66K; and I just purchased another, 18 y.o., value=$97K, I subjected them both, one by one, to the same training set, and both of them got the same 23 increase in experience; the drop in condition is somewhat difficult to measure exactly because on the same training schedule it varied from 13 to 19, but it looks it varied for both of them about the same.
    You're doing it wrong,that "23 increase in experience " is training experience points,those points increase your training level,not player skills
    To check if one player is a fast trainer or not,you need to see how much % he gains after each training

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

vad
    Apprentice
    That's were I was wrong! Thanks! Indeed, now I see that the young player gains the skills twice as fast.