Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: QUESTION - Why you play?

I ask myself this question on a regular basis...
    Bunzo likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

That was a great sum-up Pricop.

I am not as old player as some other guys in here.
    I' ve been in the game for 2+ years, and I strongly believe that we are running the worst version of TE

In fact I believe that there was an internal policy change in Nordeus.
    The game is still good, it is progressing.
    But it keeps losing its touch, being a bit cold and consumable (what the heck I am selling my fav players to a sinkhole and the new auction system will eliminated player legends)

I am still playing the game as it is the best mobile football manager.
    But it moves way far from being realistic (storage wars in order to buy a player, tactics seem to play less and less their role) so maybe soon it wont be the best.
    Competitor is just around the corner, and has a lot of history and experience..

I am still playing the game because it has a great in-game community with great guys,

I am still playing the game because I like its new platform and I strongly believe that it has endless room for improvement.

I am still playing the game because despite the token-gaining features I can still play free or cheap.

I am still playing the game because I bonded with my 2 teams and I don't want to let them down yet.

I am still playing the game because I STILL HAVE NOT WON A TREBLE WITH CLOVER 13 FFS!!!!

QUESTION - Why you play?-addicted.jpg
    khris, madflo19, Altiplano and 4 others like this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    This is a question I always ask myself no matter what game I play: Why I play? What makes me to come and do it, day after day for years and after a while there remain only one reason "Community and Top Eleven friends".

This thing starts to happen for myself even with Top Eleven. I play now for around 5,6 years and something so pretty much I saw everything that Top Eleven had to show.

When is about Top Eleven, I am active everywhere, on forum, on Facebook, on YouTube and I even opened a website TOPELEVEN.INFO which is probably the only one fan site on this scale and I even dare the say the biggest unofficial Top Eleven project.

Hard work do pays off and I would lie if I would say that I wouldn't receive a special treatment from Nordeus and Top Eleven. I can say I played this game like nobody else from pretty much all points of view. Nordeus also helped me in many, many ways and I had the chance to visit the main office, Biggleswade and others but despite all these things, Nordeus played to much with Top Eleven recently and actually touch the "emotional part" of the game leaving a game which I can describe it as a game with no soul or a hit and run game.

The reason I am saying this is because Nordeus almost removed all the things that gave your team a unique view. There is almost nothing left.

Attachment 81828

No more trophy room - Since, Top Eleven closed officially the old version of the game, there's no way for us to check on other managers or other managers to check on us. Unless we do not share them somehow, nobody knows who we are, what we won, what we fight for. This is a super silly thing! For myself at the moment, the only way to share my trophies is to "write a text", no chance to make a picture on all the trophies, season by season because I would need to take around 50 unique pictures. Nobody is that crazy!

No more stadiums - At a low level, I was always curious what stadium do my opponents have but at the moment this is something we cannot check anymore. I don't really understand why it was removed because I don't see how this could harm the game.

No more flags - While Top Eleven sent us on an almost endless run to collect them, suddenly they decided to close the flags tab, a page that actually didn't request to much work once it was done already.

Attachment 81829

No more skill points - I was never a fan of them and is true that some managers took it to the next level and abused it more then they should but the good thing with them was that it was actually a way of playing the game. Something that worked for many managers.

No more transfers between players - One of the worst things so far because while you might struggle to buy a good player now and spend a lot of tokens and moneys, for your players will bid a robot (if he will) and you will only get an amount of money which is under his basic price, no matter how good the player is, if he have 3 positions and special ability. Sorry Nordeus but this is only one way win for Top Eleven. Now I am even struggling to sell 18, 19 years old players, almost to new star with special ability, going 15 times plus on sale and no chance to sell them, this doesn't make sense at all, because on the old system, I would be able to sell these players super easy on the first days of the season for a very good deal for me.

No more bidding rivals - I would honestly agree with this if our players that we sell would be on sale for managers and not for bots but otherwise is pretty much again only one way win for you guys. As long as you create endless auction at all levels and we buy from computer and not managers, there's no point to bid against other managers from other levels. This would only increase the player price. Plus and worst, you destroyed again, years of transfers because playing this game for years, some managers would start to know you and avoid you or bid against you based on previous experience.

No more bidding strategies - The bidding is a totally mess now and there's almost no strategy at all. While before we could risk or play on intimidation on the auction, now seems like a free for all to try because now you can just drop a token to see what happens with no lose for you but with a big impact for the final buyer.

No more manual substitutions while offline - How can you guys say we control our team when you do it for us. This is a very silly, silly, silly thing and no matter how good you improve the auto-sub, you can never take a better decision then us because you can't guess what we want. At the moment the game I assume is following some algorithm but how can you know exactly what we want, you removed basically removed the human factor from this equation. Maybe I don't want to use X or Y player for a certain reason "bad previous performance"; "increasing the risk of getting cards"; "saving condition and moral for x and y player" and others.

No more statistics - Why would you do this. Knowing that it was actually a loved feature, when you guys decided to come the new version it should be already in. Many managers worked really hard to get some impressive players statistics but now seems is pointless to do it .

No more "Take Over" - A feature that I remember Top Eleven used to be very proud of. Removed pretty much over the night. I do believe it was a feature which allowed us to start again if we actually had the feeling that we failed before or if we just looked for a fresh start.

Attachment 81830

And the list can continue ...

We lost many Gameplay strategies with these updates, things that actually worked for us and also many things that gave us a unique personality to our clubs and to us as managers.

On another side, I do believe Nordeus also did few good updates to the game, they nailed it with Associations, great update for Europa League, etc but touching to much the part that connects us with the game doesn't seems to be a good idea.

I do believe we had a lot of major updates in the game and what I would like to see at the moment is an improve for the things we already have in the game at the moment.

Top Eleven do have many "gems" that are awaiting to be polished, things that can bring a better and more interactive game play and a good revenue for them.

I am curious what makes other manager to play Top Eleve, what makes them to keep a strong connection with the game so please share your opinions but please do it in a polite way, there's no need for hard or rude words. Let's keep it on a good and constructive line!

Thanks for taking your time to read a long article.

Best,
    T11 Manager
    You are really a super moderator and you understand us (the community) like no other moderators do,and you re right ,every update they remove something we love about the game soon it's going to be like candy crash a game for old people who like to spend cash on somethings they are supposed to get for free .

ps: it's really pissing me off see other moderators defending the market update , i mean any one could easily conclude that it's ruining the game and many teams will be bankrupt in the next 2 seasons .
    achiie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post
    ps: it's really pissing me off see other moderators defending the market update , i mean any one could easily conclude that it's ruining the game and many teams will be bankrupt in the next 2 seasons .
    Some of the moderators which are still active are really helpful in the forum. Thanks to their tireless work,some of the threads here are well explained.
    But, yes it is also true when it comes about this recent update(5.6) they almost look like nonchalant or either a bit frustrated by so many people voicing their discontent. They look very submissive to me, instead of pointing out the wrongs done by nordeus they just wanted that people should not show their disapproval. TBH, i was a bit surprised when I read their views on this update.

This behavior on their behalf is well....let's say "Not Expected" and reminded me of a quote from Dan Brown's novel "Inferno" which I think can be reactive so I will not share it.

But, as I said earlier they are overall very helpful and this also shows that they are good human-beings so no-hard feeling.
    ElPocho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by achiie View Post
    Some of the moderators which are still active are really helpful in the forum. Thanks to their tireless work,some of the threads here are well explained.
    But, yes it is also true when it comes about this recent update(5.6) they almost look like nonchalant or either a bit frustrated by so many people voicing their discontent. They look very submissive to me, instead of pointing out the wrongs done by nordeus they just wanted that people should not show their disapproval. TBH, i was a bit surprised when I read their views on this update.

This behavior on their behalf is well....let's say "Not Expected" and reminded me of a quote from Dan Brown's novel "Inferno" which I think can be reactive so I will not share it.

But, as I said earlier they are overall very helpful and this also shows that they are good human-beings so no-hard feeling.
    They call those people sellouts, they are compromising their integrity just to keep it cool with Nordeus ,maybe to keep their jobs or because they are getting paid or because Nordeus asked them to do it,it's very obvious what's wrong with the update no need to complain it here all over again .

Addicted
    Hello

I agree with everything you said Pricop

Still no explanation about illegal formations and hacks

not having a trophy room, not be able to check the history and achievments of other managers is plan stupidity. i would not hire the current marketing director to run a hot dogs on wheels stand.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    First, thank you all for taking your time and reading such a long post, means a lot to me.

@Killroy - Is true that despite they added more things recently, there's a lack of control, you cannot control anymore the skill points, auto substitution, transfers (the players you put on sale), etc. Regarding Special Ability, as far as I remember, the devs. told me that actually what special abilities do, is giving you the equivalent of plus one star on some skills depending on ability.
    About tactics and formations they actually should work but for us as normal managers I do believe is impossible to know which works and which don't. I mean, I can bet that nobody manage to do a real test so far that can prove his tactics or formations do work against others. I pretty much play the same as I did in the first day of the season and I won a lot of trophies, most of then 90% plus are 1st so this proves that playing without countering can be at least as successful.

@Tyltyl - Well I feel your first words about the Top Eleven. I started to play for the same reason but it seems that Top Eleven expands maybe to much but maybe it's a must for them, I have no idea. Honestly I would like their future updates on fixing some bugs and here I do not talk about results, despite they are many times randomly or at least they look like, I am fine with them but there are still bugs and exploits available. Seeing the players abusing the tokens in the past years with no shame or control made me to feel stupid knowing that I play a game where "hacking" is so easy and nobody cares about. Is true that recently they manage to decrease it and seems a little better.
    Regarding the Gameplay, the devs. told me that they would like to keep it somehow secret so everyone can develop it's own style, ideas, etc.

@ZeDzy - I do like your suggestion just as I mention them in my main post, we need somehow to share what we won, who we are, etc, because at the moment Top Eleven became a game where you stand alone, nobody can see anything about you, except the current season.
    Competitions are good but yes, they should decrease the cases when you face +1 level in CL and League because is damn hard to win in those conditions but with the CUP I am completely alright to have a +3 levels difference because it simulates more realistic a real CUP but the only condition would be some kind of rotation so you can be at the lowest level between opponents but also at the highest level from time to time, this would clearly be more fair.
    Regarding stars, honestly I wouldn't change anything because it would mean to change again the game idea and would really change the game to much.

achiie - Thanks for the nice words! I am never and I would never be a fan of tokens rewards for those who win trophies because technically you will boost them even more so would be more likely for them to win again. Is like promoting pretty much the same team or teams over and over again but thinking that the number of the teams is very small comparing with the numbers of teams that joins the Associations I think is OK, yet you are right. Knowing that is still possible to trick the system and is very likely that they do, doesn't seems right to give them tokens.

CM-16 - As well one of the reason I am still playing daily this game.

Cloverfield - I do feel the game is cold at the moment. Just as ELPocho said, somehow it feels like a game in Candy Crush style, a game you play only pretty much only for you, a game without rivals, history, etc. I feel like I only play for the level and that's all.

@ElPocho - I strongly agree with the first part but regarding the second part is another story and I believe everyone is free to defend their calls as long as they believe in and like them. Just as a moderator I decided to criticize Top Eleven, they are also right to defend if they feel is OK for them.
    When you say moderators, you mean me, Khris, Pavel, Nik, etc or you mean admins & devs. because we as moderators (guys with green color), we are not really paid and we are all regular players helping the community and we have no obligation to defend Nordeus or Top Eleven if we believe they did a mistake from our point of view and I can confirm you no matter how much I criticize them, they actually never had any issue with, au contraire when I did it few years ago in a similar thing but on my website, they also gifted me which shows they are opened to listen to us.

enachev - I believe even the marketing director would laugh at your comment.

Nordeus invited me last year there so I can actually get a better look inside, to see how complex is the project and why sometimes the things can't be rushed and I can confirm that is a very, very huge project with over 100 employees so is like a small industry behind one game. I do believe that Top Eleven advanced a lot last year and this one so far. Is way more then I expected so I am not looking for big updates, I would prefer them focusing on small things that can touch the managers and improve what they already have in the game.

Thanks again to all and I am glad to see you guys also came with some constructive messages for Top Eleven, keep going.

PS: I have almost 24 hours since I am awake and I just got home after 10 hours of night shift so if I write something stupid inside the post that make no sense please excuse me.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Simple I enjoy the game,
    Even at times when the game really pisses me off I stick with it I supose it´s just like supporting Leeds Utd

I'm in this for about a year plus a bit, many of this I don't know however in some I see this could be an improvement if it is on again. The big drawbacks in this year for me was the new auction system, pure rubbish. And the next is in CL and Cup I have to play always against oponents of higher leagues but I'm not allowed to buy on these markets (which would provide me up to 119% player same as he can do instead of only 99% players). This is a clear swindle Nordeus wants to sell this a feature that all the zealous managers are challenged > in fact you're under compulsion either to give up the Cup's or to invest a plethora of green bricks,.....and that's the goal and too obvious. I think about to plan the seasons different one time I go for the league, next time I don't invest and try only to get somehow qualified as fourth to have the idiots of the below leagues and then next season to win the CL.
    Under all it makes fun I'm just on the finding to keep the fun on one hand and not to become the big spender for Noredeus on the other hand.
    Altiplano likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast