Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Substitutions and how they affect the match!

Substitutions and how they affect the match!

I've noticed something during my time playing this game (not 100% of the times of course). Every time a substitution is made by me or the opponent there is a higher chance of something happening, usually a goal or a card. I was playing the cup final just minutes ago. Second time started, match was 1-1. I decided to remove my RM who despite playing really well I wanted to use another RM with similar stats who scored more goals this season. Right after my substitution happens the opponent scores (Yes I lost the final 1-2). Am I crazy or has someone else noticed a similar thing. Maybe its because the team balance is affected until the new player gets in the mood of the game (I guess this is too realistic to happen in TE).

Oh and since I am a stats freak especially for player appearances. I noticed if the player plays less than 20 minutes (gets injured, gets a red car or enters in the match after the 70th minute) his appearance won't be counted.

I've noticed it more with defenders, so I try not to sub defenders until I'm a couple of goals ahead
    teebag333, KenoticFC and Bunzo like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    yes, it's not a rule or something...but sometimes a goal appear right after a substitution is made. most of the times scored by the opponent, but it happened to me as well. and i don't think that this is because you made a substitution and the player is warming up...it's just the way the game is made...
    KenoticFC likes this.

Yes, I've also seen this. It also sometimes (often) happens when a friend joins the game to support you. Suddenly it alters the game dynamics or parameters and usually the bar shoots across and something bad happens.

KFC Loella
    Level 43
    KenoticFC likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I've noticed this many times (conceding a goal ) and especially when substituting GKs
    KenoticFC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    Yes, I've also seen this. It also sometimes (often) happens when a friend joins the game to support you. Suddenly it alters the game dynamics or parameters and usually the bar shoots across and something bad happens.

KFC Loella
    Level 43
    Even more annoying it ocurs when people turn up to support the opposition - not to mention when the opposing manager decides to make an appearance and there is an immdiate goal (usually for them).
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Substitutions and how they affect the match!-screenshot_2017-05-24-07-47-23.jpgSubstitutions and how they affect the match!-screenshot_2017-05-24-07-47-54.jpgSubstitutions and how they affect the match!-screenshot_2017-05-24-07-48-24.jpg Some pics I have more proof than I thought
    czero and Altiplano like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    I've noticed something during my time playing this game (not 100% of the times of course). Every time a substitution is made by me or the opponent there is a higher chance of something happening, usually a goal or a card. I was playing the cup final just minutes ago. Second time started, match was 1-1. I decided to remove my RM who despite playing really well I wanted to use another RM with similar stats who scored more goals this season. Right after my substitution happens the opponent scores (Yes I lost the final 1-2). Am I crazy or has someone else noticed a similar thing. Maybe its because the team balance is affected until the new player gets in the mood of the game (I guess this is too realistic to happen in TE).

Oh and since I am a stats freak especially for player appearances. I noticed if the player plays less than 20 minutes (gets injured, gets a red car or enters in the match after the 70th minute) his appearance won't be counted.
    yep, usually when you do sub , goal is scored ...... yesterday in my cup final I was 1-2 down, subbed DM for ST and won 3-2 scoring a screamer in 90th minute... left bitter opponent behind ..... if you losing you have nothing to lose, just do the sub and pray for the goal
    KenoticFC likes this.

i'll tell you just the good things that come from making subs :

-Avoiding a second yellow card for a played who took one in the live game .
    -The sub could make an assist or score a goal at a crucial close game .
    -The sub could get you a fool and your best player could score that free kick .
    KenoticFC likes this.

This one happened to me in the CL Finals this season (what timing!), luckily in my favor: I started the match employing 4-5-1v defensive against an equal Q opponent. They scored at the 10' mark so I made early substitutions and changed to 4-4-2 wide attacking.... And immediately tied the game. I made another sub at extra time and won the match and my first CL trophy with the same player via free kick.

I guess the game encourages us to make tactical changes during the match. Or its all just random nonsense.

KenoticFC likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast