Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By Altiplano

Thread: Recommended players

Recommended players

Is it worth to get those players from the recommendations ?
    Live as you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever.

Famous
    Not this late on in the season. Unless the player is rated 119% and you really need that position filled. Then you may well save some tokens by avoiding next weeks transfer madness.

I think so...

Desert Rats haven't had to spend money on a first-line winger for four seasons or a GK for two. The money has gone to other player purchases. The Rats have two other AM Recommended striker/wingers, but one isn't as spectacular in his performances but is good off the bench in the second half, and the other is recently purchased and is starting to come good.

The best AMR I've ever had, for any of my teams. Now in his fifth season with the Rats

Recommended players-dr-patrick-tillmanns-141m-157g.jpg

Plays mainly at ST, and is deadly, but has off-days.

Recommended players-dr-charlie-howell-65m-47g.jpg

39 goals conceded in total, and is an Ace penalty stopper, especially in penalty shoot-outs.

Recommended players-dr-badr-cruz-57m.jpg

Similar for Home Guard, the money saved on buying players in these positions has been to the benefit of the rest of the squad. Home Guard have two other AM Recommended players, a DR/DMR, showing steady performances with the occasional MoM, and a DMC/DML who is tailor-made for 4-5-1V, stops attacks in their tracks, but has proven disciplinary issues.

The best ST I've ever had. 90% of his goals have been scored from the front line.

Recommended players-hg-brice-morel-69m-77g.jpg

Left-winger in the mould of Tillmanns, still learning...

Recommended players-hg-ellis-wardell-44m-39g.jpg

A good keeper with a good save-to-shot ratio, but hampered by several big scores against when playing mega-Quality opposition. 40 goals in total conceded.

Recommended players-hg-stefano-vavala-47m.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 05-24-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    LeManiaque, Bunzo and madflo19 like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Not this late on in the season. Unless the player is rated 119% and you really need that position filled. Then you may well save some tokens by avoiding next weeks transfer madness.
    yeah i meant overall if its worth it .. ofc im not buying any new players right now .. I can see that the players have stats available and they have some pretty cool stats
    Live as you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever.

Those stats are pretty cosmetic, as no way would a 19yo player have so many matches under his belt - don't believe them. The one on the right (the most expensive two-position player) is the best. I've tried a middle player or two and they've been at best, pretty ordinary.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Those stats are pretty cosmetic, as no way would a 19yo player have so many matches under his belt - don't believe them. The one on the right (the most expensive two-position player) is the best. I've tried a middle player or two and they've been at best, pretty ordinary.
    that's not always true... 2 times i've tried the middle player and both times he was way better than the one in the right... but it's more like a lottery, you can hit the jackpot and get a goal-machine or you can get a mediocre player with common stats.

example: 19 yo ST/AMC with one-on-one scorer, 79 tokens, scored 1 goal the entire season. only 1 in 24 matches!!! next season he was better, almost 20 goals. but you get my point... the most expensive player isn't always the best.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1daking View Post
    yeah i meant overall if its worth it .. ofc im not buying any new players right now .. I can see that the players have stats available and they have some pretty cool stats
    Tired of only being offered goalkeepers and needing one this season I finally succumbed to a 79 token 19 year old. So far he's done ok, and to be honest if he's anything like the last recommendation a bought, a right back with corner kick SA, he should last me 4 to 6 seasons.
    I think the expensive one is worth it, but only if you've got the tokens to spend. I probably won't buy another recommendation for 3 or 4 seasons, and then only if our association gets some better results.
    lespa likes this.