Thread: Between Games

Between Games

I'm new to the game and really like the concept, but what is there to do between games? The game play seems so limited. I'm upgrading my facilities and have trained a bunch.

nothing much apart from friendly matches and watch video to collect green

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Training, looking for some good players on market, analyzing your competitions, watching ads for greens, etc

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    try to find an association group
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thank you guys. Is there a new players guide to squad building? I'd like to use tokens wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Renarin View Post
    Thank you guys. Is there a new players guide to squad building? I'd like to use tokens wisely!
    I'll give you a run down of what I would go for. Your aim is to have 25 players who all play a useful part in your team, but chances are you won't need 25 (if you have a player at the end of the season who you have found quite useless, auction him before the season ends because at the start of the next season he will age a year and his value will go down.

Down to business.

For your striking lineup, I recommend only have 2 strikers of reasonable quality, they shouldn't be your highest quality players so don't invest too much money into them. You'll only ever need 2 strikers. You'll switch between them constantly between matches when one of them has a low condition or is injured. I personally disignate one strictly to league games and the other strictly to the cup and UCL.

For attacking midfielders (specifically AML and AMR), you want to make sure these are your best players. Don't reserve yourself when spending money on them. Make sure they're top quality. Typically for this group of players you'll want 4. 2 who can play AML and 2 who can play AMR. You won't find yourself using the AMC position often so just make sure you find a player who can also play AMC alongside his AMR or AML role.

For your midfield, it's a bit more complicated. So I'll just list it:
    Atleast 1 player who can play ML
    Atleast 1 player who can play MR
    Atleast 5 players who can play MC
    Atleast 1 players who can play DMC
    Atleast 1 player who can play DML
    Atleast 1 player who can play DMR
    The best way to handle this is to make sure all your midfielders (defensive and regular) can all play MC + an additional role. You should aim to have around 6 to 8 players like this.

For defenders, you will mainly need DC's so attempt to have around 5 of these. For DR or DL, you probably will only need one of each since you can switch your back formation from 4 to 3N when they're tired. But again, like midfield, having a flexible back line that can play multiple defensive positions is good (including defensive midfield).

Goalkeepers are simple, you should get 2 of similar quality.

In terms of quality priority, as in which positions should have the most stars here's the ranking:
    1.AML/AMR
    2.ML/MC/MR
    3.ST
    4.GK
    5.DL/DC/DR
    6.DML/DMC/DMR

Also make sure you buy your main AML and AMR at a young age like 18 and around 5-6 stars and power train them because these are your most pivotal players. All your other players should range in age from between 20-27. As in don't buy players above the age of 27 because you'll be wasting your time developing them.

So overall, your lineup should look like:
    2 ST
    4 AML/AMC/AMR
    7 ML/MC/MR/DML/DMC/DMR
    5 DC's
    2 DL/DR

So your lean squad should be about 20 players. I would afterwards get 2 more after assessing where there is demand. But 20 should be your base. Once you've determined you're squad is perfectly balanced, fill up the rest of your squad with the cheapest players you can find (I like to call these guys trainers), you'll use these guys for training experience and bonuses only, but who knows, maybe they'll find some gametime

Note: Either footed players in my experience are some of the best.
    Last edited by Van Banana; 06-10-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renarin View Post
    yes, here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...prices%5D.html

there are some good threads to read here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...click-see.html

don't spend t for facilities, just keep building
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Wow, thank you Van and Nik!