Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to beat a team better than yours?????

Dreamer

Is there any way to beat a team better than yours?????

Is there any way to beat a team better than yours?????-k.jpg

This is the teams. I am smk fc
    Easy as pi

Seasons:13
    Leagues: 8
    CLs: 5
    Cups:5
    Trebles: 2

Yes, there are several means.

(1) Formation, Orders and Arrows (the tactical side)

(2) Random, but Significant Decisions In the Game (the chance side)

(3) The Unfair way or Troll way (affects (2) and the match as a whole, but with other reason other than being random as it would be with the case of other matches; lets say it is a biased random - a roll of a biased dice)
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-19-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Dreamer
    Although tactics help...

The only way I win is if my oppenent gets trolled real hard! He has won every game this season and it is almost over!! If I break his streak he will lose the achievement.
    Easy as pi

Quote Originally Posted by smk fc View Post
    Although tactics help...

The only way I win is if my oppenent gets trolled real hard! He has won every game this season and it is almost over!! If I break his streak he will lose the achievement.
    If he has won every game so far, at some point the game will like deliberately favour one side to break the streak. I, myself I went through win streaks and non-loss streaks, but many times, it seemed at some point, the game just intervened to break the streak. That streak of his is in fact an indication that things will probably be on your side for this match. You just have to have a decent formation and decent players in relative to the opponents formation and players. About the achievement, he may have already got it before. If he had not, then the game might allow him to get it. Some things just come by themselves in this game with time as if at some point, the game will provide the necessary (chance, draws and so on) for a team to achieve what it did not. Then, it will up to the team to have the necessary (decent players and formation) to do the achievement that season. It is like the game gives you the chance to achieve something you did not, but you have to take it.

Can you post his team details including the squad and the formation? I am curious to know that.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-19-2017 at 08:33 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Dreamer
    Sure.
    Game is about to start. Will put all info on after including result. Thanks for all your help!
    Easy as pi

Dreamer
    Upload more later
    I got stomped...
    5-1!!!
    Easy as pi

Rookie
    The last few seasons I start believing more and more that most of the results are predetermined, so if it's written in the stars for you to beat a stronger team, it's going to happen. My last two rivals in the SL are managers two levels above me, both active. In the quarterfinals I went against the guy 20% stronger, played ultra-defensive (4 backs, 2 DMCs), still demolished him in the first leg 3:0, which was enough to get me into the semis despite the 0:1 loss in the return. Now I am playing a team which is 25% stronger. I went with the same tactics, the oppo didn't get a shot on goal until the 80th minute, I have a 1:0 advantage from the home game. If I don't get murdered in the return and get into the final, I would believe that the RNG has decided it's time for me to win the SL and I will, even if the opponent in the final is four levels above and has a 50% advantage over me. Knock on wood

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBleedRed View Post
    The last few seasons I start believing more and more that most of the results are predetermined, so if it's written in the stars for you to beat a stronger team, it's going to happen. My last two rivals in the SL are managers two levels above me, both active. In the quarterfinals I went against the guy 20% stronger, played ultra-defensive (4 backs, 2 DMCs), still demolished him in the first leg 3:0, which was enough to get me into the semis despite the 0:1 loss in the return. Now I am playing a team which is 25% stronger. I went with the same tactics, the oppo didn't get a shot on goal until the 80th minute, I have a 1:0 advantage from the home game. If I don't get murdered in the return and get into the final, I would believe that the RNG has decided it's time for me to win the SL and I will, even if the opponent in the final is four levels above and has a 50% advantage over me. Knock on wood
    Probably things are on your side for this season, at least to win the Super league. When things are on your side, you just have to have a decent team, using a decent formation and do the minimum as a manager. The results just come in such a way to make you go through the stages up to the final and you win. The game also seems to favour certain types of orders during a period - the period may be weeks, a full season, 2 seasons or even more. This season seems to be a defensive and counter-attacking season.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Rookie
    Well, I have been playing defensive and counterattacking since forever with relative success but it seems that the engine picks the tournament you are going to be successful in (more or less). This season I got knocked out of the cup when playing against stronger opponents (but not nearly as strong as in the SL), and while I still have a shot in the league I am lagging a bit behind when I should have been away and in the clear with the team quality I got.

Rookie
    There must be. I've just lost the cup final for the 2nd time in 3 years to a weaker team. Both of us attended, ended 2-1 and I was 11% stronger on paper. (112% vs 101%). No complaints from me, his formation was different and tactics obviously worked well on the day.

My hunt for the treble drifts into its 52nd season...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast