Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Another new auction idea

Dreamer

Another new auction idea

Here's an idea.

What if it costs 1 token to enter the auction, but then all tokens after the first one are refunded. That'll prevent people who are bidding on tons of players just for lols and trolling.
    It'll add a little risk to the serious buyers but the ones who just throw tokens around for the hell of it will think twice.

Thoughts everyone?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeGoth View Post
    Here's an idea.

What if it costs 1 token to enter the auction, but then all tokens after the first one are refunded. That'll prevent people who are bidding on tons of players just for lols and trolling.
    It'll add a little risk to the serious buyers but the ones who just throw tokens around for the hell of it will think twice.

Thoughts everyone?
    My thought:
    the current auction is more similar to real life,
    pay nothing when losing, pay a ton of money when winning
    people will have their risk to troll

I prefer to keep the way it is.

I agree with you BridgeGoth.

@ 112000 the problem is there is no risk for those who troll plus in real life teams don't use tokens dude.

Cool idea

Good idea

Famous
    I like this new auction format.
    Managed to fill my team with 5* 18 and 19 year olds for about 40 tokens, would never have managed that with the old format.
    No need for a bidding war anymore as new players come along every 4 minutes, so you just drop out after a set limit of 5 say and go onto the next one.
    goldsilvy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    Managed to fill my team with 5* 18 and 19 year olds for about 40 tokens, would never have managed that with the old format.
    No need for a bidding war anymore as new players come along every 4 minutes, so you just drop out after a set limit of 5 say and go onto the next one.
    Because having patience and signing 18yo above 90% players for 1 or 2 tokens wasn't good enough. As a non paying player I managed to create a balance where I signed a scout and with the rest of tokens I build my team, something I said goodbye with the new market.
    Yes cause bidding wars don't exist anymore. You see 29yo players being sold for crazy tokens man.

It depends on how you select players. Me, for example, I was very selective and still is, which leaves me with little to chose from even if the list refreshes every 4 minutes. It took like hours per day to find at least something close to what I was looking for; I had to stay online and go through every refreshed list or so for many hours for days. Given there is no say fixed time period for nordgens to appear (unlike before), the player that you would be looking for could appear at any time including very late during the night; so, a manager would be like watching the market all day till late in the night, and then there is still a good chance that he won't get the player due to so many managers around, including crazy or careless bidders.

In terms of cost, it is clear that there is a significant inflation. What would sell for 1-5T in the morning have been sold for say 15-30T. What would sell for say 10-20T at peak hours (night), have been sold for as far as above the 40T mark. 18 years old, 25 years old, 28 years old... 1st week, 2nd week... 4th week, it does not seem to matter much for those 'crazy' bidders; they bid and bid. In some cases, some way to say, the way the transfer market has gone, maybe even the scouts' list would be a cheaper option and surely a much much more convenient one.

Disregarding the changes in cost, I still prefer the old market.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-21-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    Because having patience and signing 18yo above 90% players for 1 or 2 tokens wasn't good enough. As a non paying player I managed to create a balance where I signed a scout and with the rest of tokens I build my team, something I said goodbye with the new market.
    Yes cause bidding wars don't exist anymore. You see 29yo players being sold for crazy tokens man.
    I buy and sell a team every season, 11 or 12 players out, 11 or 12 players in, it's how I've played this game for a long time now and, as a non paying player as well, I couldn't believe how much easier it was this season to replace my team compared to before.
    No one likes change but, I must admit, I'm warming to this one!

I buy and sell a team every season, 11 or 12 players out, 11 or 12 players in, it's how I've played this game for a long time now and, as a non paying player as well, I couldn't believe how much easier it was this season to replace my team compared to before.
    No one likes change but, I must admit, I'm warming to this one!
    Before, a manager could make a team of 5-star players (11 players minimum) for 12-20T in a matter of 1-3 days by spending less than 2 hours per day. Probably it is the way you used before that is different, or maybe you are among those in the very high levels of the game where there were no 5-star nordgens in the auction market almost every day.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-21-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    meseriasu6_9 likes this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast