Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dave1311

Thread: Is It Still a Troll Result If You Win?

Rookie

Is It Still a Troll Result If You Win?

Genuine question this.

I've just finished an association match against a team with a 137% rating and a few 8* players, with my own rating being 113%. The difference was big enough for them to be labelled as the favourites, and yet despite them being 2-0 up at half time I ended up winning 4-3.

So despite the fact it happened because I made a couple of subs and adapted my tactics, would the other manager see this as a troll result..?

Not trying to be clever or anything, just intrigued by where the boundary is!

For me, nope. Thats a "avaliable" result in a match vs a +24% AvQ better team, if we take into account that +20% is one star... then in the team maybe he had 8*, from his side or loans, when this ocurrs, when a team have for example 6* and 8* the scenario is what decide your chances, because can make dissappear the 8* players, so they will not be mentioned in the game comments, too can make them fail and more probable is this in the case of loaned players, cause the game have a ranking of contribution inside your team... when a newcomer comes the game calibrates this... makes some players more important, others less .... change maybe the chances to score from FKs of ones and others etc....

So, to resume, is like a match vs a 4* and a 5*, no surprising really at least for me.

For me, a troll result occurs when you play a considerably weaker or abandoned team, you dominate possession and have many shots on target but cannot score yet the other team scores with every shot or gets a goal against you in the first minute then does nothing else apart from produce goalkeeping heroics for the next 89 mins.

KFC Loella
    Level 44
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

For me yes, in a match I won 2-1 against a 50% team in the beginning of the season and it was the worst victory ever. I would not include association matches because they are a different beast and seem to be very different from standard matches.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    For me, a troll result occurs when you play a considerably weaker or abandoned team, you dominate possession and have many shots on target but cannot score yet the other team scores with every shot or gets a goal against you in the first minute then does nothing else apart from produce goalkeeping heroics for the next 89 mins.

KFC Loella
    Level 44
    ...or the favourite one is to keep it 0-0 until the 88th minute, then hit you with the 'magnificent leap' corner which doesn't have a highlight on the matchplay...

This also applies to the 2nd Leg match where you lost 0-1 in the 1st Leg away and are leading 2-0 at home. 88th minute? *POW* the opposition score, having done nothing else all match, and go through on Away Goals...

Not to mention this classic...

Is It Still a Troll Result If You Win?-s04-league-cc-round-6-nico-fc.pngIs It Still a Troll Result If You Win?-s04-league-hl-round-6.jpgIs It Still a Troll Result If You Win?-s04-league-ms-round-6.jpgIs It Still a Troll Result If You Win?-s04-league-pr-round-6.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 06-24-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...