Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Don't know whether to cash in on this player or not

Rookie

Don't know whether to cash in on this player or not

ok now there is what 5 games left of the season, this guy is 18, quality 21 which is 5 * as I'm new and this is my first season, his stats are 19.8 23.4 22.4 and his market value is 2.28 million.

I have 556k, 36 tokens, and I'm clear top of my league by 9 points.

Now the question is, do I try and cash in on him now? Or keep him for next season, I have just been training him and another midfielder really hard, his guy was only quality 17 at the start. Sorry for so much text, I went to take a photo but there's no easy SS option on player profiles.

I'm also curious if I'll even need to invest at all next season, here's a pic of the current team http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...73445921_n.jpg
    Last edited by mrcjevans; 04-01-2013 at 05:29 PM.

EDIT : Wrong answer.

Sell your players just when they earn their new star, they are useless for the next season
    On L2, your player will be 3 stars.
    Last edited by FC Barcelona; 04-01-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    - My Jersey designs : First | Second | Third -

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FC Barcelona View Post

Sell your players just when they earn their new star, they are useless for the next season
    All of them? even the young ones?

I thought they only lose one star? Wouldn't that make the 5* 4* and the 6* a 5*?
    Last edited by mrcjevans; 04-01-2013 at 05:35 PM.

They only lose one star... IMO... you only need to buy a DL and DR and your sorted for next season unless you face off against scout buyer next season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

moved
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Don't know whether to cash in on this player or not-cam00023.jpg   Don't know whether to cash in on this player or not-cam00024.jpg   Don't know whether to cash in on this player or not-cam00025.jpg  
    Last edited by k1tb; 04-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    They only lose one star... IMO... you only need to buy a DL and DR and your sorted for next season unless you face off against scout buyer next season.
    Thanks, so should I sell this guy to rack up some cash, or shall i just get a couple of dl dr oldies at the start of the season, as it stands with winning the league, 470k so I'll have about a mil which will be enough to get a least one decent younger player or a couple of decent older players.

Rookie
    bump, anyone? :$

What guy you talking about?

I would keep him!!! Consider you are not a token buyer, the strategy is to buy young expensive players and play them a lot. I got young, low quality players that always perform well and get 5-6 skill points/2 games not including extra training after. Easily 1-1.5 stars. If you manage your team well, your player can catch up to the rest of the team the next season being 6*. Should give him more defense as an MC though.

BTW you got a very nice team, you must play management games before. You wont be scared of any token buyers!!! Don't need to invest as a whole but once in awhile if you can, upgrade your team when you feel its easy to get players for least amount of tokens. A player young, expensive MC/DMC playmaker or freekicker would be super nice!!!

Good Job!!!
    Last edited by fmldotcom; 04-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

Keep him and train him. Don't sell. I have a 18y old Gk and some MC-s 18-19y old. I will never sell them as they will train fast. No point of buying 28y old and selling them in next season or so...
    In every manager game - young ones will take you top.
    fmldotcom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Barcelona View Post

On L2, your player will be 3 stars.
    Players will not lose 2 stars...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast