Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July

Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-mid-season-review.jpg

Hey Managers,

Season day 14 - time for a mid-season review! Which competition(s) are you prioritizing?

Have you been experimenting with any new formations that are delivering success? Enjoyed a particularly satisfying win over a regular rival? Newcomer to your squad putting in valuable shifts?

Let's hear your highlights up to this point.

Rookie
    As had been documented elsewhere this isn't going well. Had a couple of wins this week but generally my team of 6* players couldn't score in a brothel right now. Bought a recommended 7* defender this week though and the last couple of games have gone *marginally* better, so we'll see.

My new 2nd team, obviously at L1, are running away with the league having only conceded 3 goals all season.

Amazing what difference 52 levels makes...

After last season's triple crown, that's my goal this season as well.

In the League I'm first even though I had a defeat and a draw in the last 2 games.

In the Champions League I've qualified first from my group.

In the Cup I'm almost certainly in the semis after a 4-1 away win in the first leg of the Quarter-Finals.

The revelation of this season so far has been a newbie whom I bought for 3 tokens and was initially at 83% quality. With 2 trainings a day and match practice he has reached almost 6* already.

Season stats so far
    20 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.
    Goals For: 77 Goals Against: 16

Last edited by axd23; 07-08-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    SausyFC, HairDryer, achiie and 1 others like this.
    Manager of Παναθηναϊκός Α.Ο (Panathinaikos A.O) currently playing at level 18.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by axd23 View Post
    After last season's triple crown, that's my goal this season as well.

In the League I'm first even though I had a defeat and a draw in the last 2 games.

In the Champions League I've qualified first from my group.

In the Cup I'm almost certainly in the semis after a 4-1 away win in the first leg of the Quarter-Finals.

The revelation of this season so far has been a newbie whom I bought for 3 tokens and was initially at 83% quality. With 2 trainings a day and match practice he has reached almost 6* already.

Season stats so far
    20 wins, 1 draw, 3 defeats.
    Goals For: 77 Goals Against: 16
    20-1-3 across all comps is a great first half. Good luck repeating on the TC - not trying to jinx anything.
    HairDryer, axd23 and achiie like this.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonedMonkey View Post
    As had been documented elsewhere this isn't going well. Had a couple of wins this week but generally my team of 6* players couldn't score in a brothel right now. Bought a recommended 7* defender this week though and the last couple of games have gone *marginally* better, so we'll see.

My new 2nd team, obviously at L1, are running away with the league having only conceded 3 goals all season.

Amazing what difference 52 levels makes...
    Only 3 goals conceded in the first half is noteworthy at any level I'd say!
    HairDryer likes this.

My team have been together for 4 to 5 season now winning 2 triple and a double. Looking good for treble again😎.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    achiie likes this.

Something has changed in the game. It seems as if the game simulation engine has gone crazy.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-08-2017 at 06:10 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Overall, i don't remember any troll results for past couple of seasons and i keep wondering..is it for real

Most of the players never marks DML/DMR...so i try to make most of it... otherwise my formation is highly dynamic.

Here are some pics from this ongoing season:

CL
    Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-te_1.jpg
    CUP
    Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-te_2.jpg
    LEAGUE
    Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-te_3.jpg
    My MVP(Bought through recommendations)
    Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-te_4.jpg

Season stats so far:
    Mostly Wins, Zero Losses
    nikolgiorgos, axd23 and HairDryer like this.

won the CL last year 2nd in league id stored up my tokens no new players for 2 /3 seasons seasons so had 250+ to spend.
    bought big recommended AMC/AMR be been a revelation 21 goals in 9 league games so far with MOM and training he now 133%.
    bought a striker who whilst not as prolific and older is scout c 110% scoring a goal per game and plenty of assists. my previous striker i really hated his goalscoring record is awful
    24 in 73 games he 100%+ rating. my veteran gonzalo gonzalez is rated just 48% now but came of the bench to bag a brace the other day. to be fair my crap scorer annoyed me so much always rated 6.6 id sub him at half time most games.
    also bought a strong 100% dmc and 116% centre half and 116% goalkeeper who is playing well and scored 3 free kicks 1 pen in the league and a free kick in the cup.
    top of league won 2-1 away at 2nd place today
    in cup next round and won cl group
    am level 14 its most competitive league yet 7 strong teams and everyone dropping points no one just clean sweeping it there is just 5 points seperating the top 5
    ive lost 2 league games one before i bought as i wait to see the strength of the league on day 3 before buying players

ive got a strong spine and new players doing well
    got a chance in all comps but a level 13 team who are always 125-135% by end of season are in my CL. They beat me in a final in extra time a few seasons back. so hard to compete v teams 30% stronger.
    happy with my side playing usual 3-1-4-1-1 unless i need more defensive formation.
    glad i sold my german keeper
    continually not motivated he was.
    annoyed sometimes at the server ****ing up sometimes it doesnt update my condition, i boost players waste greens then they all leap to 99% as it updates belatedly well annoying.

good luck everyone for the 2md half

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Out from Cup coz lose PK shootout, CL also not easy coz play with +1 level and already for 8 season in row

Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-untitled-1479406.jpg

MVP player from scout recommended

Mid-Season Review - How is your club doing? - 8 July-untitled-1479407.jpg
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast