Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: So, i have figured it out (i think)

So, i have figured it out (i think)

Every new update this game just add some new features that will force us to squeeze our wallets and pay some cash to buy tokens.

Usually, to be able to have the best team and to keep up with the best managers every season.

Like this new thing in the last update where you have to pay 21 tokens just to refresh the scouts list, and before by merging all levels together to make you pay more tokens per player especially the young ones.

At first i thought the game developers were just greedy and will do any silly idea just to make more money but as an app developer myself i figured out that most of top eleven users are from third world countries, so let's say even if they want to buy tokens they won't and couldn't because tokens are expensive in their local currency and i believe they can't pay online especially in foreign websites (correct me if i'm wrong).

So how this game/company will make enough money to survive when most of its 50 millions players(Android +iOS) are from countries that can't pay online to buy in game tokens and energy bars and other micro transactions ?

Well by Forcing the minority who are players from Europe usa and Canada to buy tokens. Why i said by "forcing" them, it's because every major update top eleven does these days always include a way to make the game easier for you if you spend more money . Before 3 years, this game was a real play to win,and i know that the game still make ads revenues from sponsored videos but still, the demographics matters a lot in ads revenues.

So,How did i conclude this theory ?

Here it isSo, i have figured it out (i think)-img_20170719_180106.jpg

As i said I'm an app developer and one of my apps is called Tips for top eleven , and after six months of its release here its demographics.
    As you can see most of this app users are from third world countries and from the first world countries, the uk is taking the lead. And i thought maybe my app statistics are close to the real game statistics.

I'll give you another example for another App of mine called mods for skyrim and as you can see most of its users are from first world countries because this game is more popular there and people who live there love mods and modding in general.
    So, i have figured it out (i think)-img_20170719_180127.jpg

I just wanted to share with you my theory, and i wish if you tell what you think about it .

Thanks.
    wesamzak likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    What are the first demographics ?
    what is that map ?
    from which game ? period ?
    and 5 only countries, isn't enough to give us some picture
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The first pic shows the demographics of my app Tips for top eleven. (the real game demographics should be similar to that theoretically).
    The map shows the demographics of app users per installs.
    The Period is the last three months.
    Google play for developers shows the top 5 countries in which your app is popular, i can show you the rest of the 138 countries but it's pointless, because according to Google play the top 5 really show you the big picture and from where your most users come from.

Famous
    Funny as I cannot remember playing anyone from Iran in 3 years. On the other hand, I think the 50 million players completely exaggerated as I uninstall/reinstall the app several time per day myself. And I might not be the only one.
    HairDryer likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Exactly, i'm sure only 10 % of those 50 millions or less are actually playing the game but still if you check the people who comment on the official top 11 Facebook page you can see that most of them are from the uk or from third world countries, same for top 11 fans Facebook groups, I've joined a couple of them and found the same demographics.
    HairDryer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    Funny as I cannot remember playing anyone from Iran in 3 years. On the other hand, I think the 50 million players completely exaggerated as I uninstall/reinstall the app several time per day myself. And I might not be the only one.
    The 50 millions can be halved, and even quartered with the amount of clone accounts in this game. The more appropriate term to be used is 50 million game accounts have been created. Then it comes to how many are active or semi-active, and how many are abandoned. So, the real, current number of different persons playing this game is far from the 50 millions.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-21-2017 at 01:29 PM.
    HairDryer and Niddhoeggr like this.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

No matter what, there are over 50 millions unique devices that downloaded the game even if many delete it right after, note that Google play and the app store only counts unique downloads so if you download and delete it let's say 10 times it will be counted only as 1 download.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post
    No matter what, there are over 50 millions unique devices that downloaded the game even if many delete it right after, note that Google play and the app store only counts unique downloads so if you download and delete it let's say 10 times it will be counted only as 1 download.
    Probably not if you use different google accounts.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Unless the game is buying huge amount of fake downloads, i don't see why any manager would download the same game and delete it using different gmails. Even those who have more than one team, they download the game once and then login with a different Gmail. Google is very strict about these unusual activities and every smartphone even with the same brand and name still have a unique id and the number of downloads is based on those IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPocho View Post
    Unless the game is buying huge amount of fake downloads, i don't see why any manager would download the same game and delete it using different gmails. Even those who have more than one team, they download the game once and then login with a different Gmail. Google is very strict about these unusual activities and every smartphone even with the same brand and name still have a unique id and the number of downloads is based on those IDs.
    Clone accounts can be created using different google accounts. The device stays the same, but the google account associated to it, and hence to Google Play, must be changed to access the clone account (unless I am mistaken as maybe you can access those directly like it is the case of those game accounts linked with Facebook) .

You can see some example of clones from the top 100 of associations itself. There is one user that even labelled them 1, 2 ,3... something like this.

It is against the rules of Google to have fake accounts and it is against the rule of Facebook to have fake accounts, and they have been taking action against that too (in the past, I had test accounts, and some of them got removed), but as you can see in the top 100, there are many still there and running.

There is another thing too. Lets say there have been 50 million downloads (unique users). You think there are 50 million different teams (active, semi active or abandoned)? Looks unrealistic.

There used to be a number count showing the amount of users of the game on the official game page (I have not checked if it is still there). The numbers there itself looks like they counted clone accounts too.

But I get your points though, and I won't disagree with that, and 50 million downloads, yes, but it is unlikely that are 50 million unique users for this game.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast