Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The new transfer market: How much do you spend per player?

Kto
    A) What players you are aiming for? As in high 5 stars, low 4 stars with SA, young or old players, etc....
    B) Which system you are using the most? Auctions, scout, negotiations or recommended
    C) How much you are willing to pay for them?
    D) How much you often end up paying for them?
    E) How much tokens do you spend per season this way.

A) 18yo with SA (if possible) 55-85%
    B) auctions mostly, last season bought one 79t player at day 1, used to do negotiations earlier, lately changed the principe to grow from 18yo with greens saved from the season before
    C) 1T
    D) sometimes 2-3T
    E) 2-10
    Bonus question: Spending less with the system, earning some tokens with some business as well

Btw young 95%+ players go for 20-40 tokens on my server mostly, didnt see more than 50, maybe 1-2 times

Pro
    Interesting answers. Summary so far. I am used to 6 star teams. I always bought the young fast trainers for a few tokens by carefully watching the market and hoping to snipe the deal at the last second.

If I want to maintain the same standard I have to fight for the young players for a lot of tokens. There is no more sniping. So far I have been about 10-15 transfer battles and all ended way above 30 tokens (with one maximum of 70 tokens). I ended up getting only one player for my second team by buying a recommended player. For my first team I bought 2 defenders from around 30-35 tokens (19 and 20 yr old with living wall, not bad and both around 98%).

If you have little tokens it is better to aim for the low 5 stars or high 4 stars, maybe with a SA. I have seen some higher 5 stars go for a few tokens but mostly for players with only DL, DMR or ML for instance. So it is possible to get a good team for a few tokens, but I have to adjust my playing style with the new market.
    gizzmo and Niddhoeggr like this.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

I aim for young players with the highest market values, these players develop much faster than others.
    I use all transfer tabs except scouts, they are too expensive.
    For a player that I really need and is very good for development I can easily spend 20 tokens (minimum)
    Every season I think I use a maximum of 120 tokens. ( 1 recommended player and some young expensive signings).

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    The new transfer market: How much do you spend per player?
    As little as possible...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    A) What players you are aiming for? As in high 5 stars, low 4 stars with SA, young or old players, etc....
    Stars: Definitely high 5* going to 6*.
    SA: Priority on the position i need. If so happen an SA player appears, it's a bonus
    (must meet all these criteria before i buy)

B) Which system you are using the most? Auctions, scout, negotiations or recommended
    Used to be only Auctions. But with the latest auction method, i'm mixing up with Nego and Recommendations.

C) How much you are willing to pay for them?
    Depends on how much i need the player. If in desperate need, up to 40T. If more than that, i'd rather go for Negotiations

D) How much you often end up paying for them?
    Less than 30T in the auction market.

E) How much tokens do you spend per season this way.
    Not more than 100 (Excluding recommended players - which i buy every alternate seasons)

Pro
    It does look like the new transfer market has cooled down a bit. I don't see the enormous bids from 50-70 tokens a lot anymore. I even managed to buy a 19 yr old DC/DR with a SA for only 17 tokens. That makes me happy Overall the near 6 star player will go away around 10-20 tokens still.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Famous
    For my first team at level 28 I'll spend up to 20 tokens on auction. 30 for the right player at the right time through negotiations. Rarely I'll buy the most expensive recommended player if it's a position that I need. Never, ever, ever touch the rubbish from the scout list.
    Just started a second team. First season. Auctions at level 1 are a nightmare. Forget everything you've ever learned about getting players. It's bedlam! Tokens almost gone, money gone, 11th place. It's more fun at level 1 than level 28.

Pro
    If I would start a new team now, I would solely focus on near 4 star young players with SA who you can buy for one token mostly. With the new transfer market you will have to adjust your startup plan drastically. In a way it has become a new game which is interesting.
    FC Knudde:

FC Killroy:

Highest I've paid for a player on auction in the new system is 25T. In desperation for a 18yo CB. He's in his 4th season with us now, and that's a big exception. For a player I really desire, I go as high as 5T. Usually though, I pay 1T for most players i.e entirely avoid bidding wars.

Rarely ever go above 1T for attackers as I discard them really fast if they fail to perform. Test them in several friendlies [only event that consumes my green packs as I do not use green packs in-season. With a squad of at least 2 players per position, there's no need to] Vs varying opposition to decide who's good or poor. Bought and discarded as many as 8 attackers who weren't up to par last season alone. Imagine if I'd bought them for 20T each..

It's a new tactic I only started employing last season though. Before then, I just signed anyone for as much T as I was willing to part with and prayed to God they came good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast