Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Better not to watch the game?

Rookie

Better not to watch the game?

This happened to me a few times in the past, but today it got to the highest level I think... Sometimes I miss the game beginning and log in a bit late. I thought my team should play better from that moment, at least thanks to 8% ball possession bonus, but what happened today, I just don't understand. Champions league semi-final, I came at the half-time when I was leading 1:0, the stats (posession and shots) were balanced. My team 96%, the other 113%, so good first half for me. I did not change anything, was just watching - and after 20 minutes the score was 1:4! Then I made some offensive substitutions and lost the game 1:7... I had one or two shots in the second half, opponent at least 10. The other manager was present, but made no substitutions.

Well, I know I was the weaker team. But I've beaten quite a lot of stronger teams this season, so the result is too much to understand. But what is an absolute nonsense for me - first half, not watching and 1:0, second half, watching and 0:7? WTF??
    Last edited by petrstary; 09-11-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Well I am newbie but I want to state a similar question...

Supposingly you want to focus on counter-attacks.
    The counter attack logic is based on playing against a stronger, aggressive team and that you have limited possession.
    The other team with more possession is trying to break the defense line thus creating efforts for counter attacks.

But if I log in and I suddenly give my team +8% possession, is this going obsolete??

The 8% possession is a myth and I never see any difference TBH. This is an old argument that we have had here especially when you play against low rated inactive teams, it seems like watching the game not only makes a difference but it actually hurts you.
    Palash Mitra likes this.

Pro
    A quick answer : I won my games THIS SEASON without watching my team. Today I got a draw against against a team who is 8 % lower than mine without watching the game ... There is no rule ... sometimes things work as you wish sometimes not ...

Lv 42 here, i'll say yes, don't watch especially league games, i'm playing defensive and get trolled when i watch, last season i won the league without watching a single game.

Pro
    Last night I won the cup against a team in a higher level 3-1
    I was playing 41212 and my DR was sent off by a red card in minutes 15 !!!! and I didn't watch the whole game ...!!

Confirm, I have much better success when not watching games. So I just don't participate in them anymore except association games.
    Kaizer Franz likes this.

Pro
    yesterday I won A semi final game in nivea cup 2-1 with another account im running without watching the game ...

Apprentice
    I agree.

I don't understand why, but the game seems to favorite the absent manager.

Probably if you are present, game wants to test your ability by complicating the match.

I don't like this mechanism, but it seems so.

That's just confirmation bias; when you're watching you expect to win more, and more strongly notice when you don't win.

Football's a funny old game.
    Bunzo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast