Thread: Mentality

Apprentice

Mentality

Mentality really plays a part. I usually use 451V or 442 ND with normal mentality. I met this opponent (same Q) who play 4231 in CL semi. I drew 0-0 at his place by playing 451V with normal mentality. At home, he switched to overly aggressive 3-3W-3AW-1. I play my usual normal mentality 451V and paid the price. Lost 3-0 at home. Should have played def and counter. I think if oppo has 5-6 or more players in your half, better to play with def counter than anything else. Agreed?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    yes
    or also attack/ high pressing/ mtm
    all or nothing
    lol
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

yeah i attack teams with 3 or less defenders quite hard, best defense is a high pressing offense. Unless you're worried about 60 yarders.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    yeah i attack teams with 3 or less defenders quite hard, best defense is a high pressing offense. Unless you're worried about 60 yarders.
    I changed from normal to attacking after a goal down. It got worse and down 2-0. After 70 minutes, I changed to hard attacking for all or nothing and eventually lost 3-0.

Apprentice
    I just played another hard match against equal opponent in the league. Drew 0-0 until 70 minutes so I switched to hard attacking and got one goal. I immediately changed to defensive and he equalized. How ridiculous it is. Ended 1-1. What to do in this scenario other than being defensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob M View Post
    I just played another hard match against equal opponent in the league. Drew 0-0 until 70 minutes so I switched to hard attacking and got one goal. I immediately changed to defensive and he equalized. How ridiculous it is. Ended 1-1. What to do in this scenario other than being defensive?
    Play very defensive so if the other team have attacking he will have it's players in your field which can give you control and space for a long and elaborated counter.
    All is about to have the control so the amount of chances in favour.