Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By cayembe
  • 1 Post By ZeDzy
  • 1 Post By cayembe
  • 1 Post By KenoticFC

Thread: Ridiculous engine

Ridiculous engine

Hi All,

As many said, after 20th minutes it is quite easy to understand who will win.
    In my opinion the results can be changed very little during matches with human tactical changes, subs and so on....
    They are fixed at the beginning and sometimes are driven by strange reasons....

See my first draw in Cup

Me: 103% - in last ten seasons won half of the trophies - More or less same team last year where I was very close to treble
    He: 73% - previous season 8th - not attending matches - Seems No new players

Results 1-2 and 1-1 and I am OUT OF CUP.

See these ratings

1st Leg
    Ridiculous engine-1.jpg

2ndLeg
    Ridiculous engine-2.jpg

It doesn't seem ratings of a losing +30% team!!! My team performed well!!!

Ratings for sure are ridiculus. A couple of times in my history the GK got 9/10 and Mom with 1 single SAVE,
    And plenty of times the GK had a 8-9 or MoM after a 8-0 win. Also ridiculous!!!

Let's say that I am quite upset now. I have just lost a treble losing the Cup final against a -30% team where his GK got a 10! And now quickly out from Cup with stupid matches. I am OK with troll results, but when they are too many and not supported by stats what you can think is that are driven outside the game!!!

Cayembe

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    well, **** happens, specially in T11 or football or in the competition of the Cup more often.
    One thing I can guess is that most of your players were new transfers (playing their first game so far) while your opponent used the same squad he had in previous season.

Is this true ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I think it is the same if you were to say "this poker is non-sense. I had two aces but my opponent won with 2 and 7 "

Dude, you most probably did everything correctly, just got unlucky... in those cases I always recommend and do myself - just go very aggressive tactics to force a win, so that the upset wouldn't happen. Once against a very weak team (-40%) I lost a match 0-2, but then I go beserk and next match I won 6-0. And belive me - in reality stuff like this happens even more often that in top11.

I've told before and I will say it again: TOP11 is much more consistent than real life. It is the fact that we play two matches everyday, we are prone to see upsets more often than our beloved teams.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    League:29 CL:18 Cup:16

Hi All,

@nikolgiorgos My team was 7 on 11 the same as past season in which I almost dominated all the 3 competitions.
    Probably the bad results are due to my new DMC, key in my team tactic, the new GK (scout!!!) not saving and my stars in a low shape at the same time (maybe need to rest).

@ZeDzy Actually I played first leg very aggressive, and he scored 2 counterattacking. 2nd leg also agressive but trying to avoid counterattacking. But if my team does not create and does not score and he at the first shot scores, what can I do?

IMO simply the engine decides that these matches were almost impossible to win. It happened to me also in the past (i.e. I still remember the time that my MC with penalty SA missed it against a DC (GK sent off) in a key Cup match and I went out)........ and this can be understood after 20min of the match.

As a prove what I am saying, today's 1st Champions League match I won 5-0 against a 100% team (my team same team as CUP match). And, I can bet 1000 euro that my Cup counterparty will go out at the next stage... as a key rule of this game is the "MEAN REVERSION".

I am not against these strange results, they give a little spice to the game, but please fix ratings, give manager a reason to blame someone. With those ratings who I can blame? My team performed well both matches!!!

And fix stats, they are too strange sometimes.

Nordeus should understand that we are almost all lovers of stats. More match, club and players stats and the game will improve!!!

Regards,
    Cayembe
    Last edited by cayembe; 09-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Haters gone hate...

p.s. mean reversion is not mechanic that is used. It is naturally occurring thing in any statistical thing. If lets say, on average it rains 10 days in september, and already up to today it had ran 12 days, it means that most probably you won't see any more rain this month
    League:29 CL:18 Cup:16

Pro
    All I know is that when a team is fully prepared and the manager is aware of all the major factors that affect the result and took all measures to win HE WON'T LOSE against a team who is 30 % lower than him. You must have done something wrong to be eliminated so early ... Good luck next season !

Quote Originally Posted by ZeDzy View Post

we are prone to see upsets more often than our beloved teams.
    I doubt that you are an Arsenal fan
    smk fc likes this.