Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bunzo

Thread: Cup and Champions League are nonsense

Cup and Champions League are nonsense

I am playing at level 19, but in Cup and in Champions League, I am at level 20, because at the beginning of the season I had a 100% team. I agree with this behavior. This way, in theory, you always play with teams of your same level. That's OK, in theory.

In practice, the problem is that the first team I face in the Champions League is at level 20 with a 121% squad. And now I face in the Cup to another 121% rival of level 20. These teams would have to be contesting Cup and Champions at level 21! Why is my team compelled to play tournaments at a higher level and these other teams do not? Winning the Cup or the Champions League becomes impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by altatt View Post
    I am playing at level 19, but in Cup and in Champions League, I am at level 20, because at the beginning of the season I had a 100% team. I agree with this behavior. This way, in theory, you always play with teams of your same level. That's OK, in theory.

In practice, the problem is that the first team I face in the Champions League is at level 20 with a 121% squad. And now I face in the Cup to another 121% rival of level 20. These teams would have to be contesting Cup and Champions at level 21! Why is my team compelled to play tournaments at a higher level and these other teams do not? Winning the Cup or the Champions League becomes impossible.
    Hi altatt!

Yeah, I had this once as well. Started with 105% and the whole season was a mess. I started with my main eleven players and some nice backup players and had no intentions to buy some new players or to spend some money to gain some tokens and therefore the outcome wasn't that great at all. It went all crazy in my league - around 4 to 6 players were buying a ton of new scouts to become competitive . But in the end I managed to win the CL and end at the third place in the league. I had some great victories against MUCH better teams and it felt quite like a win after all.

But yes the things you do address are a problem. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if the teams who are one level higher wouldn't without any problems get +20% better players in quality. I do understand as well that it is important to match players of roughly equal ability together in one kind of group but that should not include other manager levels. I guess that there aren't so many players actively playing and therefore the have to include +/- 1 levels? I've read before that some time ago there was even the chance to get much higher leveled opponents. But that isn't any comforting at all I guess.

Well, I don't like this mechanic as well and it forced me to manipulate the draw at the end of the season by selling most of my players. The question is how long can this approach work because I can image that someday almost every active manager will do it and we will have the same issues again.

Best,
    Nidd

EDIT: But some managers here in the forum do have great results too without reducing their team strength at the end of the season. For example Nash (hopefully I am right?^^). So there are definitively other ways to be competitive even without spending money. But I am quite new to this game and not very experienced with the other approach.
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 09-19-2017 at 01:48 PM.

They changed the cup draw for the better a year or so ago ..it used to be +2 or +3 levels that you would meet
    As for the Champions League it has always been +1 levels as long as ive played.Higher levels get +2 levels in the Champions league

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    -CL was never always + levels, they implemented it in 2017, I don't know how it was before 2016 though, I could play in the same level when my first eleven was even 136% and had a triple before that season. It may differ in higher levels, say +25.

-Cup was +1, +2, +3, +4.., and you don't have a chance in a +4 competition, even most of them were abandoned and even you may be strengthened, you would more likely get trolled, I only once played in a +4 cup, and was defeated by an +2 and weaker, inactive opponent.

-Not only your squad quality determines your level, but also your success. I used to don't believe this but I can confirm it now, as I took a break 4 seasons and only involved 1 season in CL during that 4 seasons, this season I am in the same level CL, even I had a triple and the quality of my first eleven was 154% at the end of last season. I also bought 4 or five 3* at the end of last season, but I am still in a +1 cup. Therefore, I suppose it's because of during that 4 seasons I took a break I got 1 cup.

-It's a complicated issue, so many factors affect it such as if there are not enough teams you may play in +2 levels as higher level players do now and I don't believe an average person like myself can count it, indeed it's a mystery, you may play +1 level when you are 104% and may play in the same level when you are %103.

-All an average person may do is buying some 3 * players and 2* academy players at the end of the season, but if it is a 5 * team, I don't think it would differ much.

-I have realized another thing during last 5 seasons which is there may be a hidden team chemistry, I used to don't believe this too, so as a suggestion never change your first eleven much even you try to manipulate the draw.

-At least these days the scariest nightmare is +1 which is quite acceptable, you may play against abandoned and inactive teams in +2, +3, +4 but if even one or two decides to be active and buy some 5* players in his/her level, your cup would be a dream and I repeat you would more likely get trolled.

So after all, I can say it is fair and win to win.

Remember if it would be always same levels, token buyers won't buy as much as they do now and in +1 they still have a quite nice chance to compete easily. But I think +2 and +3 is non-sense and complete BS, I don't even mention +4 which is unacceptable.

Good luck,

Wow, good old days when we were called as Jewel Sporting and had Dean Way The Best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"-CL was never always + levels, they implemented it in 2017, I don't know how it was before 2016 though"

Yes it was I was facing +1 opponents in 2016
    Alessio Fitch likes this.