Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Odd Assistant Advice

Odd Assistant Advice

"We aren't concrete enough in our actions. Try setting your team to aim closer to the goal in attack."

Um... Playing 4-4-2 against 4-2-2-2 (hexagon), attacking, high pressing, around 10% higher overall quality. I don't even have AMR/L on the bench, but I do have two AMCs.

I fail to see how this 'advice' has any purpose, it's almost as bad as "We seem to have difficulty scoring, why not try a more direct approach?" when 90% of the goals my team scores is from open play, short passes, and often running round the keeper or tight angles inside the box. Definitely NOT long balls ever and rarely from set pieces.

The times I've followed the ass. advice I've often lost, it was useful at first (probably just a coincidence I won when following it) but now just seems to give wrong and/or odd words of encouragement. I want to sack him and get another one.

I won the game 3-1 (1-1 HT), bringing on an AMC with 40 minutes to go, in place of a centre back. Was the advice good, wrong, cryptic or was my ass. drunk??

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Your ass man was drunk mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez View Post
    Your ass man was drunk mate.

Damn I hate it when that happens, almost as bad as when he's high on crack.

Dreamer
    If assistant always right, why do we play as manager. The decision is on us, you want to take it or leave it. Thats the manager job.

Rookie
    I read it somewhere around the forum and I am second to that animation is there for fun. That thing for example the striker gets around the goalie and shoots n goal thing is just a depiction of a randomly assigned number which happens to be a score instead of an outcome of your tactical mastery mate.

So do not lean on assistant nor on the animations.
    KenoticFC likes this.

That's true the animation is not representative of What happens in the match and the assistants bad advice is a well known bug.
    @ Pangihutan Manik
    That is not the point, yes the final decision stands on us but assistants even in real life have the job to give the manager sound advice and read the game not boycotting our match or saying something silly like ''we can't get past their defenders'' when you are leading 4-0'

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    That's true the animation is not representative of What happens in the match and the assistants bad advice is a well known bug.
    @ Pangihutan Manik
    That is not the point, yes the final decision stands on us but assistants even in real life have the job to give the manager sound advice and read the game not boycotting our match or saying something silly like ''we can't get past their defenders'' when you are leading 4-0'
    I thought that when you see a player pass the ball to another who scores, the first gets accredited with an assist, so it's representative. But, on second thoughts, the actual pass and goal don't have to be as you see them on screen.

Had a game, semi-final, just now. I was 3-1 up from the first leg and it's 1-1 with about 20 minutes. The ass. says "Come on! A draw isn't enough to proceed, we have to score!"

Oh. My. God.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobobo View Post
    I thought that when you see a player pass the ball to another who scores, the first gets accredited with an assist, so it's representative. But, on second thoughts, the actual pass and goal don't have to be as you see them on screen.

Had a game, semi-final, just now. I was 3-1 up from the first leg and it's 1-1 with about 20 minutes. The ass. says "Come on! A draw isn't enough to proceed, we have to score!"

Oh. My. God.
    Yes, it is a very common BS of him, actually, just ignore him. He may say "We are not hard on opponent" even settings are on high, hard, man-to-man, hard attacking or hard defending.

More is here below;

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...-gone-mad.html

My fave was my assistant telling me in a CL game that u needed to score or I’d be knocked out of the cup. The game was 0-0 at the time but I won the first leg 6-0. Was pretty funny. I won the game 2-0 but was curious what would have happened if I’d actually tied that game...

So, my latest game in association me 102% he is 99%
    I played with 4-4-2 narrow diamond normal ment. And mixed passes through the middle with counter ON and hard tackles, game started, 30 min gone and my assistant says "the opponent knows how to stop our counter attack, maybe we should try something else" so I turn it off with short passes and at min 40 I scored a goal from a counter attk xD !!!!!!? Still not changing the tactics at min 72 I scored another counter attk goal with the same guy xD.
    Just dont listen to that piece of crap and don't turn counter on if u r planing to play counter xDD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast