Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the game?

Your thoughts on the game?

With the season ending and trophies being decided etc, I was wondering how different managers viewed and played the game. I have split my question into two parts.

QUALITY OF PLAYERS.

How do you set up your squads? Do you:

a) Have 2 or 3 players which you train hard to get them to high quality (7*+), and have just average players in reserve, or
    b) Rely on no real stars (maybe 4 or 5, scouts), but a back-up squad of mainly 5* players.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR ENJOYMENT.

I have seen many posts regarding managers winning their respective leagues / cups, but what gives you most satisfaction?

a) Crushing your opponents almost every day with a much stronger team, and winning the league by a distance, or
    b) Being in a competition where most of the teams are equal, and just enjoying the competitive nature, never being sure how things will turn out, and then feeling pleased when triumphing on the last day.

My own answer to both of the above, is B on both counts.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

I agree with you. B on both.. Although I don't have much scouts I count on buying good 5* players since I'm on an old server and level them naturally.
    TuaMa: Season 3 team

Season 1: Cup Preliminaries and League winners

Season 2:Cup preliminaries, League winners and Champions League winners!

Season 3: League winners, CL winners
    Season 4: In progress.

Double A for me, I prefer clean sheet
    Started 21/02/13
    Team: (Kashiwa Washi) (柏イーグル) (คะชิวะนกอินทรี) (柏市鹰)
    Current Season / Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Season 1 / Level 1
    league champion
    Season 2 / Level 2
    League champion Undefeated GA = 1
    Champions League Undefeated GA = 0
    Cup Champions

View The Mighty Washi Team Stats

Rookie
    1b and 2a

I suspect q2 will be a different story later on though - but for now i'm facing bots and crap teams, so might as well get some hattricks now and then

Definitely B for me. I have an entire squad of 5* players, with a few 6* scouts in key positions, I rotate the team regularly.
    This season I have crushed my league, winning 9-0, 12-0 etc and haven't enjoyed it. no challenge.

hoping next season will be more competitive, provide more of a challenge and be more realistic

Banned
    B.
    without rivals, it's not interesting for me.

Hmm, good question. I think my answer would be 1a/1b & 2b, despite the fact that I had the strongest team on the paper so far since I started to play this game.

Also this was probably my hardest and toughest season, especially in the CUP & CL tournaments. Learned a lot as well. Hopefully we will have better luck in the CL tournament next season.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by jey2208 View Post
    B.
    without rivals, it's not interesting for me.
    Either way i think you will face with rivals. For me cups are the real deal
    Started 21/02/13
    Team: (Kashiwa Washi) (柏イーグル) (คะชิวะนกอินทรี) (柏市鹰)
    Current Season / Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Season 1 / Level 1
    league champion
    Season 2 / Level 2
    League champion Undefeated GA = 1
    Champions League Undefeated GA = 0
    Cup Champions

View The Mighty Washi Team Stats

Answer to question 1... My team is actually stronger than what you mentioned in A. with having a squad where I could name a 7* minimum starting line-up for every player and have 6* and 5* reserves. But A non the less.

As for success its A again, My closest rivals in my league lost again today which means I am now 20 points infront in the table.

However with my current feelings towards the game, It's likely my team will decline back down towards 'B' for both in the next few seasons as I can't go and get large amounts of tokens and invest in the squad forever.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

How do you set up your squads?
    I generally bring in the best from last season, buy one scout if the age is 22 and is a multi-role, then settle with 5 star players. My aim is usually to bring all 5* to 6* in the main team, get the ex-scouts/new scouts to 7*, and have at least 3 available formations with at max 5* playing. 4* are used as last and kept only if they can near or reach 5* in the season.

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR ENJOYMENT.

I have seen many posts regarding managers winning their respective leagues / cups, but what gives you most satisfaction?
    I do enjoy seeing my team develop, winning equal based matches, and generally fighting with a little better quality to be able to adopt more strategies. I usually base my quality around the 1-2 best team in my league/CL. So far alwais had at leastone team same Q as me and lost and won by few points in my League.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast