Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By casper™
  • 1 Post By Gobobo

Thread: Tanking

Tanking

I have been a member for 7 yrs currently league 55,first time I have heard the word Tanking what does it mean?

In a nutshell tanking means to deliberately avoid levelling up by finishing below 8th place. That way your squad do not lose 20% condition for the following season. There are many threads about this and many pros and cons. I’m surprised an experienced player such as yourself has not heard of this though. At level 55 you’re most likely at or near the top of your server so tanking for you would be difficult due to a lack of active teams at that level. You may find that everyone levels up in your league.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

What is the point in playing the game,that is why have never heard of the word Tanking,surely they should be thrown out.

If you had used advanced search, you would have found the meaning of tanking very quickly.

You can check it here a lot of topics related to the subject you want: https://forum.topeleven.com/search.php?searchid=2051246
    dave1311 likes this.
    Team - Top Gun
    Current Season: 110 - League Level: 93

League - Champion - 35
    League - Runner Up - 19
    League 3rd Place - 10

CUP - Champion - 8
    CUP - Runner Up - 4
    CUP - 3rd Place - 4

Champions League - Champion - 10
    Champions League - Runner Up - 6
    Champions League - 3rd Place - 9

Super League - Champion - 1
    Super Cup - Champion - 1
    Facebook
    - Top Eleven Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gee View Post
    What is the point in playing the game,that is why have never heard of the word Tanking,surely they should be thrown out.
    So everyone who finished lower than 8th should be thrown out of the game? How do you know that they aren't in that position due to lack of quality?

What next? Everyone who uses 'park the bus' should be thrown out because it's a negative tactic?
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    So everyone who finished lower than 8th should be thrown out of the game? How do you know that they aren't in that position due to lack of quality?

What next? Everyone who uses 'park the bus' should be thrown out because it's a negative tactic?
    Everyone who beats me should be fired!
    GloryHinter likes this.

What I am saying is that a lot of teams set up to deliberatley lose the matches in the league.