Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pangihutan Manik
  • 1 Post By Chevy114
  • 1 Post By GloryHinter

Thread: Can someone explain how the cup seeding work?

Can someone explain how the cup seeding work?

So last season I won the cup, this season I lose in the first round. This is the 2nd time in my 37 seasons I have won the cup and lost in the first round the next season. We were evenly matched I was a 190 and he was a 191. I went to both games and he went to neither. We tied in both but since I scored 1 at his place and he scored 2 at mine he won overall. So was there an issue in seeding or did I do something wrong? I have won every league multiple times, but I can't win the triple crown and stuff like this really makes me want to stop playing.

Dreamer
    Before end of season, i change the top 11 with my reserves. Its working for cup and champion, but not with the league.

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez

Can someone explain how the cup seeding work?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangihutan Manik View Post
    Before end of season, i change the top 11 with my reserves. Its working for cup and champion, but not with the league.
    Next season, I will do it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez; 10-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Seems to be a thing. I`ve won the Cup twice and then lost in the First Round the following season. I think a good run in the Cup is down to luck more than anything.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Very True, I was barley 2nd in my league, got bounced in the first round of the Champions league, but I won the cup. So luck has a lot to do with it. I just wish the first round or 2 was a little more fair.
    dave1311 likes this.

The cup draws are decided looking at the AvQ of the best 14 players of all teams.

So, the 64 teams with best AvQ of your server, participe in the best AvQ cup -aka called years ago Shark Cup- then the 65th to the 128th are inside the 2nd cup, and so.

To reduce the quality of your cup you should decrease the AvQ of your team before the season starting. In my case I had 14 contracts to renew this season, many of my best players, thats why I have a "easy" cup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    The cup draws are decided looking at the AvQ of the best 14 players of all teams.

So, the 64 teams with best AvQ of your server, participe in the best AvQ cup -aka called years ago Shark Cup- then the 65th to the 128th are inside the 2nd cup, and so.

To reduce the quality of your cup you should decrease the AvQ of your team before the season starting. In my case I had 14 contracts to renew this season, many of my best players, thats why I have a "easy" cup.
    Do you mean to say that players, whose contracts are yet to be renewed, are not counted while calculating the average quality of a team?
    Last edited by GloryHinter; 10-18-2017 at 12:16 AM.
    khris likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post

Aren't the players contract are out of contract after the update/maintenance?

Famous
    I think the players out of contract still count into quality evaluation. I had 18 of them this season and still got a very competitive level+1 cup. But I do not agree: there is no curse for cup winners. I am on my 3rd consecutive victorious cup. And counting...
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Quote Originally Posted by GloryHinter View Post
    Do you mean to say that players, whose contracts are yet to be renewed, are not counted while calculating the average quality of a team?
    Is strange xD I went a little bit far away in my meditation about this because the truth is that the players with a contract pending to renew "should be initially" counted.
    At least I understand they were but really I am placed in a cup in what I have just +1 level team... so... not sure now in the factors of this emplacement... maybe affect too that some good players were retired + added some retired players... + the level in what I am in the server is in a dark zone, with levels that have almost no teams, and they are not so active... I face today a 50% abandoned team.. the first one had a 70%... strange the scenario...