Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Discussion. An 'Unpopular' idea to solve association exploit and tanking.

Discussion. An 'Unpopular' idea to solve association exploit and tanking.

Before you scream and and throw stones at me please listen to all I have to say. I don't claim this is a good or even new idea but just a thought to give this game more meaning and resolve the association exploiters once and for all. This of course includes a radical change in the player growth system that may be scary but overall will benefit us managers. I got this idea while I was posting a suggestion about older players growth.

On Tankers and Association:

PLAYERS SHOULD DECREASE THEIR QUALITY based on their performance not their age, that's it. Same with their growth. In this game players just grow their visual stats without any regards to the team results or their in game ratings. After 5 consecutive losses there should be a punishment that makes the manager move. After failing to promote they should gradually drop their quality after each loss or bad performance. This isn't about removing a star it is about finding the player that performs better and giving him that increase in visual quality instead of having useless good rated players that disappoint match after match. Also if a player doesn't play a match in many days he should decrease in quality.

Manager benefits:

Imagine you have a 7 star attacker that doesn't score, he doesn't deserve that rating based on his performance but you still play him because of his visual quality and cause it increases your team overall rating. You also have a 5 Star old ST that you don't play much because his growth has stopped and you probably won't need him next seasons. If the 7S player starts decreasing after some bad matches you play the other one and if he is giving great performance there is no reason why he shouldn't be increasing quickly in his stats. This way it will be easier for us to keep the best players in our team instead of feeling guilty about sitting on the bench our highest rated player.

I think it is clear that stats and SA don't matter on the player and it is more about the 'hidden talent' factor, this way the hidden talent won't be hidden any more but will show on the players overall rating, performance after performance.

I hope I don't sound too confusing, but I will wait about your opinions if you have any. If you don't agree it is perfectly fine I understand this may be too much.

I like this idea. No stones coming from me on this one.
    KenoticFC likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Apprentice
    I agree.

Tankers must be punished, the game favors this behaviors and the other managers are penalized.

For example CL and CUP are ridicolous.

Every seasons in Cup I have to play against opponents at least one level above me, and often with a strong teams; actually, in quarter finals, I am the only at level 13, all opponents are at level 14 with teams at 124% of average quality.

It's not correct.

In CL in my group, always I'm the only at my level.

Why this ridiculous thing?

If I have a good team, I can accept to play against managers of a higher level... but not so strong.

Why I have to play against an opponent of other level with an average of 10% higher? It's stupid, stupid and stupid.

Nordeus wants simulate the real game (expecially with troll results), but tanking is not real. It's only an uncorrect thing.
    Last edited by Iridensys; 10-26-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I don't like much this idea.
    It's difficult for implement, complicate for devs and gonna cause many questions for managers.

This is more simple for anti-tanking
    https://forum.topeleven.com/suggesti...s-project.html
    Alessio Fitch likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Really nice and interesting idea, but it means Nordeus will need absolutely new game engine - smth that will never happen(((

Pro
    Implementing this idea would mean changing part of the foundation of this game. I feel that there are better ways to stop tankers and help us identify good players than a whole scale change such as this

root of the problem is Assholeation FA. we use to have tanker but not as bad as it is now. They would tank maybe 1-2 season and move on. Now with association reward tanker is all over the game creating a mess tanking for as long as they can just for Assholeation Fa reward.
    Break up the token rewards for league, cup, Ucl and Assholeation.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HairDryer; 10-26-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    root of the problem is Assholeation FA. we use to have tanker but not as bad as it is now. They would tank maybe 1-2 season and move on. Now with association reward tanker is all over the game creating a mess tanking for as long as they can just for Assholeation Fa reward.

This is certainly the best way to discourage tanking. However token reward should be limited to the top 8 league positions alone and champions League, definitely not cup because that's where the tankers come out to play. And association token rewards should be halfed, world top 10 should get 0 tokens the recognition is enough
    rogerniceguy and HairDryer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post

Exactly. If the token rewards is somehow distributed to other competitions, it would be a grace for most of us.
    HairDryer likes this.

Some facts about the game:

- Why FA members are tanking? it's simply Token ...
    - 200 each Token for world top 10.
    - 100 each Token for Platinum, 50 Gold 1.
    - Most of these FA are running be 1 or 2 persons.
    - League is boring specially at high levels since the competition is lame and the money prizes is useless.
    - To win in FA that take you 2 days weekly while league everyday, and you have to REBUILD YOUR TEAM EVERY MONTH.

I don't consider these players a cheaters we should punish, but the system has some loopholes and need to fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast