Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What keeps you playing top11 after some disappointing updates ? what makes u quit ?

Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    lol that's the funniest comment I've read so far well at least you have a goal to achieve .. i have won the treble 4 times so far and tomorrow might be the fifth ... team management on top 11 became like a boring routine :/
    Lol Thanks!

One time I won the cup and champions league and I was leading my league all season, Then out of nowhere I kept getting bad luck in my league about 3/4 of the way through the season. I would lose to the 10th place team after beating the 2nd place team twice that season. I would be at home and I would show up but the opponent wouldn't show up and I would be up 1 to 0 and give up 2 goals in the last 10 minutes of the game.

I went from being up almost 10 points plus points to dropping to 2nd on my last game of the season. It was so painful! I've won 2 out of 3 a few other times, but that was the hardest to take.
    Level: 35 Season: 37 League Champion: 11 Times Champions League Champion: 5 Times Cup Champion: 3 Times

I can say from personal experience that it's very hard to quit the game "cold turkey". For me it was a more gradual process. I started by trying to sell as many players through Negotiations as possible, to build up my token total. It still kept me engaged because I had to still log into the game, but gradually I started selling most of the players I had any attachment to (and at least this way another manager was using them, and I wasn't sending them into the Nordeus meat grinder). Then, I would start replacing them with four and three star players, so my team gradually stopped being competitive. And then at some point, I was just able to stop, since I had accomplished the following:
    • I had sold most of the players I was attached to
    • I was no longer as invested in the wins and losses of my team
    • I had built up enough tokens that if I ever came back, I would be able to build a team without too much problem

And now, I am no longer in the routine of logging onto the game, so I have no need to come back and play (especially with the devs making the game worse with each update). Perhaps if the current director (or team) is fired, and a new team comes in that starts catering to experienced managers, I will start playing again, but for now, I will enjoy not having to stress about all the bugs and randomness of the game.

Also, I HAVE SO MUCH FREE TIME! Seriously, you would be surprised how easily you can fill your Top Eleven time.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Dreamer
    Just to kill out my boring life LOL

Famous
    85% addiction.
    I get no joy from training, trading, winning, beating favorites; I get frustrated often and keep coming back. Addiction. I'm trained, never miss a day, never let my players sit at 99% condition. Habits. Addiction.

14% because in my association I have loyalty to my 2 friends. I don't want to leave them, but it so much addiction work to maintain a team that helps my group.

1% because I know I will not try another football manager after TE, and I am addicted.
    Altiplano, USARABAT and motrin like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12