Page 124 of 203 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Was that 3-2-3-2 with Aml-amc-amr? My league rival plays against this... not sure how to beat it
    Yes....

----ST--ST----
    AML-AMC-AMR
    ----MC--MC---
    ---------------
    ---DC-DC-DC--

Horrible formation to decide what to play against. I went for my default formation on this occasion. For some reason we didn't play our best game and in the second half we were below par unusually, when this season we have won well in a lot of our league games. Still unbeaten but we have still got a league to win here.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yes....

----ST--ST----
    AML-AMC-AMR
    ----MC--MC---
    ---------------
    ---DC-DC-DC--

Horrible formation to decide what to play against. I went for my default formation on this occasion. For some reason we didn't play our best game and in the second half we were below par unusually, when this season we have won well in a lot of our league games. Still unbeaten but we have still got a league to win here.
    yeah I'm not sure how to go up against that, held me to a 0-0 draw... Almost lost lol. It's an attacking formation, so I might just stack my defence with 3DCs and DML/DMC/DMR.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    Managed to get in the next round in the Cup.

But the injury streak continues. ST injured 6 Days
    last 3 days and today together = 7 injured players (Haven't played League yet today!!)
    Ljepoje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    My league is so close, that between myself (5th), and the league leaders, is just 4 points, and he has already played today's game, and drawn with 3rd place.

In the CL, I have been drawn against a team from Turkey, called Rustem in the first ko round. They are 60.0 quality, whilst I am 67.4. I am actually joint top quality team in the competition, along with my deadly rivals from the last 4 seasons, Pto Alcudia. We both have identical qualities, but are in different halves of the draw, so we could meet in the final (AGAIN for the 3rd time).
    Haha, it's drama I´ve never experienced the league competition (results, standings etc) to be so hard/difficult as this season. Even the "weaker" teams (3* - 4*) are approaching the "Top 3". I´m quite "forced" to play with my best 11-squad to keep up the distance (+9p between 3rd and 4th place). Anyway, hopefully the luck will turn and you will have the opportunity to pull it through.

It´s almost the same for me in the CL. My biggest league rival is my biggest CL rival as well. But this time both ended as groupwinners of E&F, so we will avoig each other in the final-eight. He is playing against a weaker team, but I´m facing a quite mediocre one.

Good luck!
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

3W-2DMC-3w-2 should do the job but i advice man to man marking.

League, matchday 12

New Team [3-5-2 V]. 4 - 1. Ashish FC [4-1-2-1-2]
    We didnt watch this match, and found it out to be a relatively easy win. We went immediatly ahead with Hutton (6'), and even being equalized after 10 minutes, we were just too overwhelming pushibg them in defence and scoring with James Derrick (47') and closing the game with Hutton's hat trick (67', 75').

Scorers: [i] O.Hutton (3), James Derrick, C.Kang.
    MoM: O.Hutton (9), New Team.

With the 2nd and 3rd losing to the 4th and 5th, we are now 12 points ahead already in the League. As we finished, we went straight to Germany for the heated Cup's second Leg!

Cup, Last 16, 2nd Leg
    FC Koln All Stars [3-1-4-1-1/3-1-2-3W-2] 1 - 3. New Team [ND/4-1-4-1/3-2W-4-1]

We put our pride at stake here, going to Germany as fierce italian team and asking the greatest performance counting on our 2 most representative players, this year's striker Hutton and last season's hero Mason. Since taking a goal would have meant having to get back, we decided to go on the offensive with the narrow diamond since the start. Despite playing away we leveled the possession on par, and we were almost immediatly pressing them back. When Hutton found Mason regularly near the goal and the ladder exploded his left under the bar, the crowd froze istantly (16'). Koln All Stars didnt even had time to react that Tom Becker was already overlapping on Hutton's assist and signing the 0-2 (25')!!! As coach mad thought, tbe opponent reacted setting up a very offensive 3-6-1 V with 3 AMs ashe was warming up the Derrick twins. Right before the sub Koln managed to reduce the gap with a very nice action and conclusion by the striker Woodcock (30'). We suffered a little until the sub, then coach Mad commended his first leg's mistake by setting up a 4-1-4-1 which perfectly countered the opponents. In the second half we kept being more incisive than them almost scoring in two occasions, and from one of the many corners Yuma found Jason Derrick who tapped in the final 1-3 (57')! Koln tried adding a ST for his DMC but Coach Mad had already figured it out moving with a last sub to 3N-DML/DMR-4-1 trapping the AMs between NT's wingers and keeping superiority at the centre, ending tha match without troubles.

Scorers:J.Mason, T.Becker, P.Woodcock, J.Derrick.
    MoM: J.Mason (8), New Team

New Team advances to Quarter Finals on 5-3 aggregate.
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 04-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    With the 2nd and 3rd losing to the 4th and 5th, we are now 12 points ahead already in the League.

Cup, Last 16, 2nd Leg
    FC Koln All Stars [3-1-4-1-1/3-1-2-3W-2] 1 - 3. New Team [ND/4-1-4-1/3-2W-4-1]

New Team advances to Quarter Finals on 5-3 aggregate.
    Hah, that is so typical! Just to get the league more interesting

Btw, Congratz for the double win! Q-finals next?
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Cup match , qualified for next round

kullehh FC(5) 4 : 2 (7)FC CRAIOVA ** Agg (5 : 2)

MOTM Chuck Norris
    Ljepoje likes this.
    (*_*)

Apprentice
    How am I doing? not so well, but still ok...

the bad:
    -Im out of the cup, two losses against a slightly better team with lots of friends.
    -Game engine screwed me with a completely unnecessary draw against a very weak league team on autopilot. He made two goal from corner kicks, one of them a double corner in the 88th minute when I thought I should be controlling the game.

the good:
    -I made 1st in my CL league, and the first CL knockout opponent seems definitely beatable
    -Im still 3 points ahead in the league (and a very good goal difference) with all strong opponents in the first go faced already.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Hah, that is so typical! Just to get the league more interesting

Btw, Congratz for the double win! Q-finals next?
    They were legit as both 4th and 5th played home their matches and won by a hair (1-0/2-1). Apart from me the next 5-6 teams have almost the same Q ranging from 25,5 to 26,5. I faced 5 of them in the last 5 matches and the 3rd one in the first fixture. So i expected to go alone on top since they might prolly draw or lose one to another. Which is good since i don't know if i will be able to follow t11 from Germany in about 10 days.

As for cup, the quarters will see an all italian Derby between New Team and Del Piero FC. Q 41 vs Q 41,5, but i reckon i could prolly equal or reach 42 if i'd assign my skill points. Anyways, a close call again. If we manage this, we'll face 90% FC Alex, the full scout guy who just every season buys all scouts available no matter the age, SA or else, then uses personal trainer as much as he can. His 47,5 Q is to be feared but i don't know (supposing we make it to semis) if be scared or happy about facing him. Those kind of players just trow in 4-2MC-3AM-1 without thinking much and usually autorun on that.

As for Del Piero, he lost using 3-1-4-2 vs a 5-3-2 in first leg then won 1-4 copying the same formation of his opponent (5-3-2), so i can't say much from his tactics, if he has one. We'll see.

EDIT: Alex Fc next opponent will be a team which appearently hugely renewed his squad reaching Q48 lol. Well either one will do i guess.
    Last edited by Morgan O'Bree; 04-20-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 11 (Sz.4 - lvl4)

HEADLINE: Olić and Vidić puts Balkan Boyz in the T11 CUP Quarterfinals!

NuN FC (Q40,6) Formation: 4-1-3-1-1>> 1 - 2 (AGG: 3-4) << Balkan Boyz (Q42,2) Formation: 3W-2-2-2W-1
    SCORERS: J.Martens (1min.ass:F.Shodeinde), Ivica Olić (15 & 18min.ass:N.Vidić)
    SUBS: No substitutions made
    MOTM: Nemanja Vidić (rate:9)

Well folks, We did it! Balkan Boyz booked their place in the quarter-finals of the T11 Cup after a 1-2 win against FC NuN. The Balkan Boyz captain and later on the man-of-the-match, Nemanja Vidić was the big hero in our win after his two assists to our shadow-striker Ivica Olić who managed to hit the target twice and therefore secure future advancement!

However, the game didn't start that well since the home team managed to get an early goal in the 1th match minute after a free-kick by J.Martens. But our boyz got their sh*t together and we managed to get back on our feet a couple of minutes later. Two quick goals within 3 minutes by Ivica Olić assisted by team captain Nemanja Vidić put us in front before the end of 1th half. In the 2nd we managed to create a couple of dangerous goal opportunities, but Stevan Jovetić, Ivica Olić and Hasan Salihamidžić just got it way of target! The home team had 2 quite dangerous goal opportunities the last quarter, but our newly signed GK Samir Handanović played well and made some really great saves, KUDOS!

Our next opposition will be the english team "Villa" (Q37,9) who managed to eliminate one of the favourites, the Qatari team "arabic FC" (Q43) after 2-2 on aggregate. Also, we will be joined by our friends from Switzerland. "Dynamo SWAG" (Q48,9) who managed to win their 2nd leg with 4-1 at home against FC Kosice (Q39,6) from Czech Republic (4-2 on aggregate).

Wuuuuuu - huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...