Page 193 of 203 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

  1. #1921
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Ya apart from that DMC. Second straight double for us. Altho the new server is too penalizing, the 7* scout MC FAILED big time but i cant sell it, so next seaaon he ll be rhe reserve. The good thing is we will have to buy 1-3 players at max next season and we ll have a budget of 25 m without the need to apend tokens for them. A couple of players might leave too and i m sure they d cause some good bid wars over new season, expecially Mark Lenders (Q44,8 1on1 St next season).
    I'm going to need some defenders I feel, Ramirez and Hogan are the only 2 defenders in my squad now that have a long term future at my club, Adams moves out the PT bracket at 26 next season but still will be 6*, Holvoet and Novotny are finished. Campbell was back-up to begin with and will be sold for $. May need new MC and also a new ML/AML I feel. Strikeforce and AMC and DMC are more than covered for the long term and we have a decent enough GK for the next season.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  2. #1922
    Pro jey2208's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jawa
    Posts
    897
    Yeah, I lost on CL final because the opponent (4-4-2ND) countered my formation (butterfly), I guess. No manager watched that match. I woke up 12 minutes after K.O time. And yeah I saw my team lost 2-0.
    Meanwhile, my team's going to be an unbeaten team on league.
    Chris Rath likes this.
    If you wanna see a miracle, be the miracle.

  3. #1923
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    531
    Yesterday saw a heart thumping performance from Rhondda Rovers against Joe FC, as the pursuit of perfection was seriously under threat.

    Both of us began the game with 4-4-2 classic formations, but it looked like the engine trolls were going to strike (there is a Q10 difference between us) as two goals from their only shots from Joe FC put us 2-0 down in 22 minutes and eventually lead at half time.

    Outraged, a tactical change was made by taking off Karol Lewandowski and bringing on Sung-Hwan Ha at half time, changing the formation to a 3-5-2 and went attacking.

    Kokoh Panji Arianto got a goal back in the 68th minute, with an assist from Sung-Hwan Ha, to make it 2-1 to Joe FC. Concerns were raised when Jose Ramirez Gussago was injured in the 75th minute and was substituted by Ivan Ormeno in the 81st minute. At this point, we now went hard attacking and changed the passing from mixed to short. In the 86th minute, Ivan Ormeno scored from a Tomas Sedlak corner to make it 2-2. The comeback was almost complete, but was there enough time for one more?

    In the 90th minute, we had one last chance...........

    'Arianto tries to flick it past the defender'
    'Arianto is past the last defender'
    'Arianto unleashes the shot'

    'GOAL FOR RHONDDA ROVERS!'

    The comeback was complete in the final moment of the game. Rhondda Rovers won 3-2 (made even sweeter as their manager was watching the game as well) going into the final game of the season away against Underground FC, who are currently in complete shambles, playing players out of position and can only name one sub with two players suspended from their 14 man squad. Surely a win, and perfection, is on the cards?

    36 minutes to find out.
    Last edited by Bluebird Hewitt; 05-04-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Image didn't load
    Chris Rath and July Fourth like this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

    Career Progress:

    League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

  4. #1924
    Addicted Chris Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by jey2208 View Post
    Yeah, I lost on CL final because the opponent (4-4-2ND) countered my formation (butterfly), I guess. No manager watched that match. I woke up 12 minutes after K.O time. And yeah I saw my team lost 2-0.
    Meanwhile, my team's going to be an unbeaten team on league.
    Like on the leaque performance. I had a similar setup last season. Such a draw-back sucks, but it also makes you hungry to get back onto track.
    jey2208 likes this.



    Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

    - FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

  5. #1925
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    Yesterday saw a heart thumping performance from Rhondda Rovers against Joe FC, as the pursuit of perfection was seriously under threat.

    Both of us began the game with 4-4-2 classic formations, but it looked like the engine trolls were going to strike (there is a Q10 difference between us) as two goals from their only shots from Joe FC put us 2-0 down in 22 minutes and eventually lead at half time.

    Outraged, a tactical change was made by taking off Karol Lewandowski and bringing on Sung-Hwan Ha at half time, changing the formation to a 3-5-2 and went attacking.

    Kokoh Panji Arianto got a goal back in the 68th minute, with an assist from Sung-Hwan Ha, to make it 2-1 to Joe FC. Concerns were raised when Jose Ramirez Gussago was injured in the 75th minute and was substituted by Ivan Ormeno in the 81st minute. At this point, we now went hard attacking and changed the passing from mixed to short. In the 86th minute, Ivan Ormeno scored from a Tomas Sedlak corner to make it 2-2. The comeback was almost complete, but was there enough time for one more?

    In the 90th minute, we had one last chance...........

    'Arianto tries to flick it past the defender'
    'Arianto is past the last defender'
    'Arianto unleashes the shot'

    'GOAL FOR RHONDDA ROVERS!'

    The comeback was complete in the final moment of the game. Rhondda Rovers won 3-2 (made even sweeter as their manager was watching the game as well) going into the final game of the season away against Underground FC, who are currently in complete shambles, playing players out of position and can only name one sub with two players suspended from their 14 man squad. Surely a win, and perfection, is on the cards?

    36 minutes to find out.
    If your going to get a 26-0-0 or go unbeaten for that matter, your always going to need to that bit of luck. You just had it in the last game you played. I didn't I gave away a penalty and they scored and I lost 2-1 yesterday in the league. But saying that mind 2 seasons ago I conceded a penalty while level at 2-2 and my opponents blasted it over the bar and I stayed unbeaten that season. So funnily enough, the game reversed itself 2 seasons later after I had that bit of luck.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  6. #1926
    Champion Ljepoje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,955
    My last league game is in approx 2hours and I could end up as the league winner if the current leauge leader loses its last game (but that is quite unbelievable to happen)...Anyway, all I´m looking forward now is that this day is going to end so I can buy/sell some players/scouts, purhcase some Tokens and see which kind of opposition I'm gonna face in the CL and CUP
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________


  7. #1927
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    My last league game is in approx 2hours and I could end up as the league winner if the current leauge leader loses its last game (but that is quite unbelievable to happen)...Anyway, all I´m looking forward now is that this day is going to end so I can buy/sell some players/scouts, purhcase some Tokens and see which kind of opposition I'm gonna face in the CL and CUP
    Yes the busier period of the game is about to begin soon, a brand new season. the last 2 weeks have been quite silent in the forum until recently with the Cup/CL results were coming in from forum members, next it will be the new seasons draws and managers making new signings and seeing what lies ahead of us for the next 4 weeks.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  8. #1928
    Champion Ljepoje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Yes the busier period of the game is about to begin soon, a brand new season. the last 2 weeks have been quite silent in the forum until recently with the Cup/CL results were coming in from forum members, next it will be the new seasons draws and managers making new signings and seeing what lies ahead of us for the next 4 weeks.
    Hah, yeah for sure. Day 1 is probably the best day for a manager "at work". You wake up early, make some breakfast and then its time for a check up - team/squad/transfermarket/scouts/facilities and upcoming opposition. I remember that last time it was a Sunday as well, people went crazy on buying&selling players. I always have a good laugh and enjoy the bidding-wars.

    Hopefully the scoutlist will be as good as it was this season, otherwise PT, PT and PT
    July Fourth and Black Hawks like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________


  9. #1929
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    If your going to get a 26-0-0 or go unbeaten for that matter, your always going to need to that bit of luck. You just had it in the last game you played. I didn't I gave away a penalty and they scored and I lost 2-1 yesterday in the league. But saying that mind 2 seasons ago I conceded a penalty while level at 2-2 and my opponents blasted it over the bar and I stayed unbeaten that season. So funnily enough, the game reversed itself 2 seasons later after I had that bit of luck.
    Yeah, the last match was ridiculously close, as well as a few other matches I haven't been able to watch but managed to scrape by 1-0.

    I have played my final match against Underground FC...........

    PERFECTION ACHIEVED!!!

    A 7-0 away hammering of Underground FC saw us achieve a perfect 26 of 26. I would post a screenshot up, but I'm struggling to get it on my Mac (don't know how to 'Print Screen' on it).
    July Fourth and Black Hawks like this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

    Career Progress:

    League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

  10. #1930
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Hah, yeah for sure. Day 1 is probably the best day for a manager "at work". You wake up early, make some breakfast and then its time for a check up - team/squad/transfermarket/scouts/facilities and upcoming opposition. I remember that last time it was a Sunday as well, people went crazy on buying&selling players. I always have a good laugh and enjoy the bidding-wars.

    Hopefully the scoutlist will be as good as it was this season, otherwise PT, PT and PT
    The new league season always begins on a Sunday, every 4 weeks =). The calender year fits in 13 top eleven seasons every year with a little bit left over. 28 x 13 = 364.

    I hope theres a nice few scouts waiting to be signed from MR.SCOUT

    I'm tempted to buy a brand new ZIDANE.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*