Page 135 of 203 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2024
Like Tree957Likes

Thread: Season 39

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Bad timing for any AWAY game on CL Final Day. Good chance of a fixture clash here and end up with a CL Final 15 mins after the game but thats of course we get to the CL Final first.
    Is he the one with the 3-2-3-2 attacking formation? Can you tell me what formations beat him? I play against that next week and it's a crucial match against 2nd place who is undefeated.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Monday. (Match day 16).

LEAGUE: Round 14.

Result: LONDON CITY 4-1 TANICHA FC
    Goals: Criban 13pen, Duggan 40, Toljan 70, Kennedy 74, Kennedy 79
    M.o.M: Dave Kennedy

We duly completed the formality of beating the bottom team, although we'd have liked to have improved our goal difference slightly more, against the team with just 1 point, and a -61 gd. Yonni Criban started the scoring when he converted an early penalty after a defender tripped Hector Morgada in the box. We had to wait until just before the break before Terry Duggan added our second, from a pass by Lukas Duran. Zvonimir Toljar caused us some nervous moments after her pulled one back with twenty minutes to play. But a brace from Dave Kennedy in the space of five minutes, gave us the win we so needed.

TEAM TALK.

After today's match, we are still 4th, but just 2 points behind the leaders. Tomorrow, we play away at 5th, who are just 1 behind us, and who we drew with at the start of the season.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    TEAM TALK.

After today's match, we are still 4th, but just 2 points behind the leaders. Tomorrow, we play away at 5th, who are just 1 behind us, and who we drew with at the start of the season.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

This could be a crucial game, so play your cards well! I´m facing the same situation tomorrow > The 1th is playing against the 2nd, and I´m (3rd) playing against the 4th team.... If I win, and the 2nd loses - the 2nd place will be mine (my precious)
    Raykco and PeterMeter like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    This could be a crucial game, so play your cards well! I´m facing the same situation tomorrow > The 1th is playing against the 2nd, and I´m (3rd) playing against the 4th team.... If I win, and the 2nd loses - the 2nd place will be mine (my precious)
    Wouldn't you want the 2nd place team to beat the 1st place team to make it closer at the top?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I will put out my strongest XI for the league match. Fortuneately, my CL match, later in the day, is a formality, as I am at home, with a 7-0 lead from the first leg, so I won't have to have all my stars playing two games.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Is he the one with the 3-2-3-2 attacking formation? Can you tell me what formations beat him? I play against that next week and it's a crucial match against 2nd place who is undefeated.
    Yeah it was that team, I'm not too concerned about that game (I'll probably won league by then) I'm concerned of the possible K.O. time for the CL Final.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Wouldn't you want the 2nd place team to beat the 1st place team to make it closer at the top?
    That would be a option as well, but then I would be forced to beat the 1th and 2nd team just to be: -1 point behind the 1th team, and +1 point above the 3rd team (since the games are scheduled one after another)....Also, the fact that they managed to beat me in the 1th meeting, doesn´t make me comfortable at all... Let´s see how it develops by tomorrow
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Result just in....

CUP: Balkan Boyz 1 - 2 Villa

The 4-5-1V prooved to be quite ineffective against his 3W-2N-2N-2W-1.. I managed to get a goal by the end after a tactical switch to 4-3N-2W-1 (last quarter). My ST (Jovetić) got injured (concussion, off for 1 day) the first half, so I knew I was fu*ked! ... Also, he wasn´t present at the time which is a funny thing since all CUP games I managed to follow today - were all won by teams/manager who wasn´t present
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Result just in....

CUP: Balkan Boyz 1 - 2 Villa

The 4-5-1V prooved to be quite ineffective against his 3W-2N-2N-2W-1.. I managed to get a goal by the end after a tactical switch to 4-3N-2W-1 (last quarter). My ST (Jovetić) got injured (concussion, off for 1 day) the first half, so I knew I was fu*ked! ... Also, he wasn´t present at the time which is a funny thing since all CUP games I managed to follow today - were all won by teams/manager who wasn´t present
    Formations that use 6 midfielders are the most difficult to come up with a counter for.

Apprentice
    8-0 in the league today against the last team. No injury, no card. The 2nd team in the league lost so Im ahead by 4 for now, and my goal difference tops 2nd place by 28 and 3rd place by 23!

Tomorrow are two more important matches, my CL opponent that Ive beaten 2-0 in the away game seems to have bought a new scout (with penalty speciality). League is against 5th place who is only 2 pts behind 3rd place so he will really want to win this one.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2